Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Still not convinced he's very good, but at least he should get to show whether he is or not now.
It's early days yet. He's clearly not used to the pace of the league which is fair enough. Coming from Ukraine is completely different.

He's got bundles of talent though, just look how long Fabinho has taken to settle and he's come from France. I have faith Fred will become what we expect.

Having extra pressure knowing 1 mistake and you're out the team for months can't be easy either, it makes you overplay and try too hard.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He turns players like they're not there. Can be an incredible player in transition.

forevrared

Case in point why Mourinho didn't deserve more backing in the transfer market. He got absolutely nowt out of Fred, despite spending 60-odd million on him in the summer and chucked him aside within 3 months. Not reading much into his cameo today, but excited to see him be given a chance.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Definitely a good, positive player there.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Hilarious how we had 5 midfielders on the pitch at the end - all of good to brilliant quality.

Fred will come good. Looks a really good player.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
There was a moment where he gave the ball away with a godawful pass, then ran back 40 yards and made an excellent tackle.

That sort of epitomises him at United so far. There's a player in there, but so far his good matches his bad quite equally.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He did well once he settled into the match, really positive to see.
He can't play in place of Matic though, he doesn't seem very defensive. Herrera is a more appropriate alternative to Matic.

MrBest

Ander as DM and Fred and Pogba infront of him. Thought we saw a glimpse of what he can do.

peridigm

He did well once he settled into the match, really positive to see.
He can't play in place of Matic though, he doesn't seem very defensive. Herrera is a more appropriate alternative to Matic.
Correct. Fred can play where Herrera would normally play.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Nice to see Fred come on at the end.

I look forward to seeing what Ole does with him. After todays team performance I have a feeling he will love him.

He seems to possess a lot of valuable qualities. He is a hard worker who presses high and looks to recover possession straight away. But he can play too. He always tries to be positive with his movements on/off the ball and is press-resistant in possession. His passing is crisp off either foot also.

He looks very promising to me.

When fully settled, he should fit right in here.

I hope he does well in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I like him from day one. Matic, Fred and Pogba are my first choice midfield but Fred should be in rotation with Herrera. Knows how to play, dynamic, creative.... i like him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Herrendous first touch when he came on but he was bright and purposeful after that.

KennyBurner

Not even trying to get to excited but he definitely has the best passing technique at our club. That pass he made to lingard through the lines amazes me every time. If he can work on his strength and balance he could become one of the best midfielders in the league. I just need him to strengthen a bit because very soon we will have managers telling their dms to smack him off the ball.

deafepl

Not even trying to get to excited but he definitely has the best passing technique at our club. That pass he made to lingard through the lines amazes me every time. If he can work on his strength and balance he could become one of the best midfielders in the league. I just need him to strengthen a bit because very soon we will have managers telling their dms to smack him off the ball.
If anyone marks Fred in midfield because of his creativity, it won't be issues we have Pogba and Lindelof IMO, If we get Koulibaly and DLP, it would be too much for the opponent with our free creative flowing of football.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Over Pogba ? No way

deafepl

Over Pogba ? No way
Pogba's long passing range is best and better than Fred by a mile but Fred is the only midfielder that can rival Pogba's passing technique and more quick thinking than Pogba, a couple of time I never knew his passing could open space to exploit, it's like he was sec ahead of everyone, Pogba did like this sometimes but not much as Fred despite Fred played fewer games. Not surprisingly why he was one of the quick midfielder the in league.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Pogba's long passing range is best and better than Fred by a mile but Fred is the only midfielder that can rival Pogba's passing technique and more quick thinking than Pogba, a couple of time I never knew his passing could open space to exploit, it's like he was sec ahead of everyone, Pogba did like this sometimes but not much as Fred despite Fred played fewer games. Not surprisingly why he was one of the quick midfielder the in league.
No disrespect to Fred but really Pogba has done what you described time and time again. Hoping he get to display his qualities even more often though

soapythecat

Love his energy and commitment. I think his flaws (random poor passing, decision making) will settle down once he gets a run in the side. He has some really clever touches and good poisoning. Could be a real gem in this side.

Litch

A bit of a cameo but for me it's clear he is a player. Love how he 'knits' the play and tempo, and if yesterday is going to be our playing style going forward, he's perfect for that.

Fracture90

Short cameo but good cameo. You can see he's very technical and will thrive in this new setup of ours. Think he just needs a run of games and to raise his fitness levels a bit.

KennyBurner

Over Pogba ? No way
Yes. Pogba has the best long range passing at the club but that’s were it ends. When it comes to short passing he is very inconsistent.

Fred on the other hand has that nice threading of the ball similar to Carrick. He knows how to fizz a ball straight at you. So many times has he done it in his short appearances here. Mourinho has done him a great injustice not fielding him more. Should have been subbed in more times by now.

deafepl

No disrespect to Fred but really Pogba has done what you described time and time again. Hoping he get to display his qualities even more often though
What didi say, Pogba did it sometimes but not much as Fred, Fred was best at finding space with his passes before everybody notice, he is pretty damn good at it.

Man Utd 3:1 Huddersfield

el3mel

Spent 50m on a downgrade for Herrera. Ridiculous money spending. Things like these make our spending go sky rocket without nothing to show for.

Another Morgan Schneiderlin for me. we needed a Carrick replacement not a downgrade on Herrera.

Eugenius

Spent 50m on a downgrade for Herrera. Ridiculous money spending. Things like these make our spending go sky rocket without nothing to show for.

Another Morgan Schneiderlin for me. we needed a Carrick replacement not a downgrade on Herrera.
Needs time etc but I suspect you're right.

He's lightweight and sloppy IMO. I've not seen him do enough on the ball to suggest he's that good going forward to negate that.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I like his style but he’s far too sloppy. Loses the ball needlessly and gets the angles wrong on short passes making the receiver take an extra touch and slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.