5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

Love his energy and two-footedness. Always looking to pass the ball forward and seems to have some bite about him, which will serve him well in the PL.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Jose needs to push him bit more forward and perhaps it will happen when everyone will return to match rhythm.
I imagine we'll see this when Matic returns. I really liked how the midfield 3 played together, but I equally liked how they helped each other out. Pogba had no preseason, Fred was playing in a new country and Periera was playing his first 90 mins in the league. They all needed keeping an eye on, and they did that for each other.

In short, I reckon that's why Fred didn't get forward as much as he will in the future.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Really like the look of him. Good on the ball. Quick and tenacious

0le

He was positive with his pressing and his passing. Not everything came off, probably a lot didn't come off, but his first PL game and hasn't had a complete pre-season. Definitely some positives there.

Ashley R1+O

Excellent start. Looks very sharp and somebody who is very keen to make a move for a player to make a pass. Rather than wait to see what is going to happen then move, I thought that stood out. Very intelligent movement.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Him Pogba and Perreira will easily bypass Liverpool level of pressing.

Solid performance!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The quality is so obvious, he has a good passing range and fantastic work rate. He will always get back to defend and always make runs into attack.

When we are counter attacking, Fred is one of the first people to start running. He reads the game very well.

Thisistheone

Really like him. Obvious tough opener, first ever game in the PL but dare I say it, shades of Essien?

Last edited:

Matst1

He's definitely a Guardiola type of player, surprised he didn't make more of an effort to get him. He's very small but skillful with a low sense of gravity. He could be the best signing we've made in ages..

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's a midfielder you never want to play against. He will hunt you down in every space and when he has the ball there is no way you can take it off him. He also is perfect for Mourinho because of his eye for a piercing counter attack is sharp

JMack1234

I was really impressed with him today. Put himself about and he's obviously technically very gifted, I think we could have a real player on our hands here.

redshaw

Thought he did very well and he's just what we need in midfield, a very good all-rounder.

Frank Grimes

Some of his passing is class, on the run not sized up obvious passes. Got caught in possession a few times so he might still be learning that English football can be hectic and you can't afford too many touches in the midfield. I like a lot about his game though, he should do well here.

Lj82

Great debut. His understanding with Pereira and Pogba was amazing with so little time together. Their qualities really compliment each other in a midfield.
Hmm. I actually thought that is the main thing he and the team need to work on. Quite a few occasions where he and Andreas were occupying the same area. I'm optimistic though. :)

WPMUFC

only thing he has to watch out for are some clumsy tackles, overall great start to his MUFC career.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Hmm. I actually thought that is the main thing he and the team need to work on. Quite a few occasions where he and Andreas were occupying the same area. I'm optimistic though. :)
No, yeah they did that too sometimes, but they was very close together and especially in transition to attack, they combined amazingly well quite a few times. One of our biggest problems with our setup is our lack of counter-attacking but here you could see they had a plan in the transition, which of course is just well amazing when you expect the same old shit as always:lol:

ash_86

Very skillful on the ball. Doesn't fear to make the long range passes and keeps the ball moving. He looks off pace with the league a little but that will correct itself over times. needs to bulk up a bit though.

NotQuiteManc

Really dynamic and energetic, technical at times. Got caught a few times but promising early days.

ice-bionic red

Very good performance. What I like and noticed is he can go both ways and I don’t mean box to box.
I mean he can switch the play left of right with both feet with quick, crisp short and long range passes which only really Pogba does for us. The midfield was very good today

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not going to lie, there were moments where he was a bit poor and lost the ball in the press quite easily, something people were saying he’s great at. But he grew into the game.

He was in the thick of everything, proper CM. He plays like he gives a shit, the Willian of CM’S. Good start overall.

DarkXaero

Surprised to see the praise here, I didn't think he had a good game but it was understandable. He's a player who will have to adjust to the pace and physicality of the league but thankfully, it looks like he has the talent and quality. I liked his work rate, his willingness to get involved in play, his aggression, and I think over time, he could become a key player for us.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I’m excited.

Didn’t expect him to come him and slot right in perfectly, coming from Ukrainian league and being Brazilian (we don’t exactly have a great track record there), and indeed he did not.

But he looks tenacious, quick thinking and I reckon he could be a very important player in the transition and turning us from a slow laborious side into a side that hurts teams by launching attacks quickly.

Has all the tools really. Not surprised by the strong passing stats. Didn’t look like he wasted much. Hints of disciplinary issues but won’t read too much into it for now.

I think we all know more or less what we can expect to get from our forwards, defenders and goalkeeper. It’s in midfield where I see by far the most potential for a transformative effect on our football, especially with ‘new’ Pogba and Pereira in there too.

kundalini

I thought he was our worst performer, though a few good moments, one interchange with Mata that impressed me. Committed stupid fouls, especially given their threat at set-pieces, and lost possession too often.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He’s a tenacious little fella isn’t he? That was a decent performance and it will improve as he gets settled. I really like his personality on the pitch as well. That bit where he played a poor pass out of play which was meant for mata, then seemed to apologise to the entire Stadium was funny.

Welbeckham

Similarly to Bailly, while he has quality, he seems a bit erratic and chaotic, so I'm not fully impressed with him. Then again he's much more exciting and entertaining to watch than the likes of McTominay, with all the movement and the desire to go forward.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
For me the most impressive thing is this ability to use both feet to load the ball. Couple of dodgy moments but overall had good game? His work rate is very good, also his ability to pass the ball very quickly.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Looks a proper player. He’s had no time with rhetorical team, of course he’s going to look an uneasy fit right now. But he has all the tools. One of the better signings we’ve made in a while, I think this will prove to be.

sherrinford

Very erratic. Too many instances of the ball getting caught in his feet, poor touches and poor passes, but interspersed with fleeting moments of quality through quick feet and quick thinking. Gave away too many cheap fouls as well.

Not too dissimilar to the pre-season games, but more unsettled and unreliable. Was definitely the weakest of the midfield three and can’t say he had a good game, unfortunately. First game though, everyone seems confident he will grow into it and do well.

EwanI Ted

Happy with that performance, for a debut. Key thing is that he was always busy, which bodes well given how static our midfield could be last season, particularly if Pogba was missing for whatever reason. Sometimes in the middle you just need some movement to open things up. A bonus was that he seemed prepared to try some riskier passes. Often players can play it overly safe on their debut.

That said, there's something about the guy that makes any me think he'll be getting a lot of yellow cards this season.

jesperjaap

1st game of the season, first game of his career in a new country, culture and style of football. Like the rest of the side there were good moment and sloppy moments. He did get caught in possession a few times, as much as anything that shows the adjustments like many other players he needs to adapt to in the middle of the park for premiership football.
As a first game I think he did very well and ran himself into the ground,and looks like a players with heart, promising if unspectacular start.

Status
Not open for further replies.