6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Very conflicted on him. On one side he's making those interceptions and recovering the ball, can send a good pass and carry the ball over, but in the same time he makes those idiotic fouls in dangerous areas and the sheer amount of time he cannot control the ball is infuriating, especially considering he's not a bad player, technique wise.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Very conflicted on him. On one side he's making those interceptions and recovering the ball, can send a good pass and carry the ball over, but in the same time he makes those idiotic fouls in dangerous areas and the sheer amount of time he cannot control the ball is infuriating, especially considering he's not a bad player, technique wise.
I feel like he needs to change his boots. Always slipping or falling over

dev1l

I think he still needs to fully adapt to.the epl. Maybe a good run in first team will do the trick

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He played a great Carrick-esque ball between the lines then, a couple of minutes later, passes the ball out for a throw in despite not being under that much pressure. Sums him up.
He also made a ridiculously powerful pass to McT who was on the edge of our box, he struggled to control it. I remember thinking that Fred has a serious problem with his power bar, he presses the button too long

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should be regular starter alongside McTominay, with Pogba playing in attacking role. Fred is better than Matic and also can pass between the lines.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He should be regular starter alongside McTominay, with Pogba playing in attacking role. Fred is better than Matic and also can pass between the lines.
I think the issue may be that neither McTominay or Fred are great at holding... but I think we need to give it a try. Freds energy also suits a midfield that can press.

To be honest I struggle to see what Ole is trying to do because he seems to have backed away from actively pressing which we saw in pre season

Shalashaska

I have seen nothing of him to suggest we ever should have bought him, or that he should play for United.

Some people seem convinced there is more to come from him, but I just don't see it. Misplaces passes left right and centre, and even the passes he does complete seem to slow down our play.

Like Ashley Young, he consistently gives away poor fouls, and he always looks like he has a red in him (although admittedly I don't think he actually has been sent off since joining us)

I also can't tell you what his role is meant to be in our midfield, he seems to just be plopped in there to make up numbers, not particularly attacking or defensive, doesn't create but also doesn't break up play. What does he do?

zenith

At this point of time, anything is better than matic. I fail to see why ole is playing matic in the holding role when he's clearly not up to it anymore.

If nothing, I'm hoping that a central midfield of mctominay and Fred will have the energy and tenacity to play a high pressing game.

Man Utd 1:1 Rochdale

Bobski

I don't know how you can trust Fred is big games as a manager. Especially as a deeper midfielder, for all that he does some very good things he makes match changing mistakes with regularity. Midfield players need to be reliable, take pressure off their teammates, settle the team, Fred is chaotic.

el3mel

Fecking terrible. Weird player to be totally honest. He's inconsistent even during the 90 minutes itself. Plays like a 19 years old still getting experience.

Raw

What are his best qualities anyway? He just seems like a generic run about and do a bit of everything kind of midfielder. And he cost £50m. Feck me.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was the only midfielder playing though. Pogba his supposed partner was wank and was not available at all.

He definitely is not a defensive midfielder.

NinjaFletch

People talk about how shit a deal Sanchez was, but I can't recall anyone ever getting less footballer for £50m. Even Torres had his moments.

DoomSlayer

£52 million. £52 fecking million! Matic was £40 million and Pogba £90 million, yet it feels at times as if we literally have no midfield. :houllier:

This equals £182 million in the midfield alone! Mental.

Based Adnan

£52M of absolutely shite. Can't even pick up the ball in midfield from defence without losing it and conceding a chance. Should get rid at the first opportunity.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Have to say, I thought he showed some promise to start with...but that has compounded everything to a new level of useless.

He was down right awful.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Aside for that big mistake he made at the beginning he was alright. People saying he was awful must have watched another game.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I thought he was fairly decent. :confused:

Kept the ball moving and always made himself available to pass to (something our other midfielders regularly don't do), played it forward whenever possible. He wasn't amazing but overall I thought he was one of our better players. Not that that's saying much.

BigBebe

All of last season, I kept saying 'why doesn't Fred get a chance? Fred needs to play to get established in the team! Play Fred!'

But my goodness he is careless with the ball. He is unreliable in his own half and unimaginative in the opposition's half.

I really worry that he is going to be just another post-Fergie lemon

Gordon S

£52 million. £52 fecking million! Matic was £40 million and Pogba £90 million, yet it feels at times as if we literally have no midfield. :houllier:

This equals £182 million in the midfield alone! Mental.
Opposite of Juventus previous midfield.
Pirlo and Pogba for nothing and Vidal at about €10m

acnumber9

My favourite moment was when he did really well to intercept the ball high up the pitch and then failed to play a simple five yard pass to Lingard in acres of space. Another player we’ll struggle to get rid of.

Bobski

Aside for that big mistake he made at the beginning he was alright. People saying he was awful must have watched another game.
He makes that type of mistake far too often. They lose you games and undo any good work he does.

Kag

Right up there as one of the club’s worst ever purchases at present. The number of horrendous passages of play he’s involved in per game is staggering.

Laughably, I’d still play him ahead of most of our other options.

KennyBurner

he is also better than mctominay.

He was very good today at circulating the ball which we lack in the squad. For all his random mistakes he is our next best thing after Pogba. If Ole wants to survive he has to figure out a system where Pogba and fred feature every game. he could switch to a 433 instead of always relying on his favored 4231?

redshaw

I know he can play better, we've seen it last season but he looks well short from being good enough to help out our lousy first team sadly. Was hoping we can go back to a 433 but he's just not ready to help out and it's very questionable what's happening off the pitch with him or the training staff.

KennyBurner

Fecking terrible. Weird player to be totally honest. He's inconsistent even during the 90 minutes itself. Plays like a 19 years old still getting experience.
People talk about how shit a deal Sanchez was, but I can't recall anyone ever getting less footballer for £50m. Even Torres had his moments.
Absolute shit player. Yeah Ed we operate very nicely paying 52 fecking millions for this clown. Mental.
£52M of absolutely shite. Can't even pick up the ball in midfield from defence without losing it and conceding a chance. Should get rid at the first opportunity.
Have to say, I thought he showed some promise to start with...but that has compounded everything to a new level of useless.

He was down right awful.
Right up there as one of the club’s worst ever purchases at present. The number of horrendous passages of play he’s involved in per game is staggering.

Laughably, I’d still play him ahead of most of our other options.
What game are you all watching? he was the only player who could move the ball quickly across the pitch today. Apart from his random hiccups which didnt cost us a goal today he was instrumental in us moving the ball forward. Im convinced he is just a scapegoat and any small mistake he makes in a game is used to cancel his overall good performance. We need him more than ever if we are going to do anything from midfield this season.

Kag

What game are you all watching? he was the only player who could move the ball quickly across the pitch today. Apart from his random hiccups which didnt cost us a goal today he was instrumental in us moving the ball forward. Im convinced he is just a scapegoat and any small mistake he makes in a game is used to cancel his overall good performance. We need him more than ever if we are going to do anything from midfield this season.
You can’t ignore the fact these “random hiccups” occur outside our box at least twice a game. I like the way he keeps the ball ticking and moving forward. It’s why, “laughably”, I’d start him in spite of his mistakes. But his bottom level is staggeringly shite. For £50 million it’s criminal.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You can’t ignore the fact these “random hiccups” occur outside our box at least twice a game. I like the way he keeps the ball ticking and moving forward. It’s why, “laughably”, I’d start him in spite of his mistakes. But his bottom level is staggeringly shite. For £50 million it’s criminal.
Today he only had 1 bad hiccups and his good play offset his mistakes. He's energetic and moves the ball fast and attempt to also move the ball forward something none of our other midfielders beside Pogba are even interested in doing.

The thing with these sort of hiccups is that they will eventually disappear overtime with enough play and experience(that's right he still needs a lot more game time to get used to certain pace and completely cut down on these hiccups. He's hardly featured for us which also explain why he's still prone to his random mistakes).

I did find his game/play encouraging and I believe with enough patience he'll prove his worth.

Suedesi

How the feck can he not put the right weight on a 15 yd pass? Like EVER? Their goal came after his pass to James (?) was short and was intercepted. fecking wanker.

Walters_19_MuFc

Share the opinions of most in the thread. He does some really good stuff. When he's flowing, popping passes around and breaking up play, he looks a decent player, but every now and again, he'll make a really poor pass or gets caught on the ball. He just doesn't fill you with any confidence when he's on the ball. I mean, his passing was 89.9% tonight, so not too bad, but it'll be the silly balls he gave away that i'll remember.

Alemar

Such Fred is still better than Matic, there is no doubt about it.

Martialfc

He isn’t good enough and never will be.. Waste of 50 million or whatever it was.
Sooner he’s gone the better. We’ve been crying out for a good CM since Scholes retired. I know we had Carrick who was brilliant but we have literally needed one since before Scholes left us. We had to get Scholes out of retirement for god sake! We still haven’t bought anyone who is a quarter of the player he was. Watching Fred miss place simple passes today was soo frustrating. Their CM was better than him today. It’s not like they were a team 17th in league one or anything.. oh wait they were.

ManchesterYoda

I'm warming to Fred. The biggest difference between Fred and players like Matic and Lingard is that Fred is heavily involved and doesn't spend a game doing absolutely nothing.

ManchesterYoda

I agree with you. Fred and McTominay playing behind Pogba as no.10 is definitely the best option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.