6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkarl

What game are you all watching? he was the only player who could move the ball quickly across the pitch today. Apart from his random hiccups which didnt cost us a goal today he was instrumental in us moving the ball forward. Im convinced he is just a scapegoat and any small mistake he makes in a game is used to cancel his overall good performance. We need him more than ever if we are going to do anything from midfield this season.
Mate, he was getting dominated by soon to be league two players. Rathbone was twice as good as he was tonight.

He had about two good plays all game. If that's our new standard for 'good' I really fear for the future.

Terminate his contract or sell him for literally anything. Garner was twice as good when he came on in every respect.

Chicharito_

He does some good things but is guaranteed to lose possession of the ball in a dangerous area and fall flat on his arse when doing so at least 3 times a game. He always seems to fall the same way also, just sits on the floor.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Mate, he was getting dominated by soon to be league two players. Rathbone was twice as good as he was tonight.

He had about two good plays all game. If that's our new standard for 'good' I really fear for the future.

Terminate his contract or sell him for literally anything. Garner was twice as good when he came on in every respect.
Garner didn't come on today :confused:

Adamsk7

I’ve defended him a bit and thought there was a player there but tonight has cemented that there’s no way back for him. If you can’t control the midfield against Rochdale then you are a garbage Premier League midfielder. One to add to the deadwood pile

haram

Pogba - Matic - Scott

Sorry, but that's the best midfield. If Ole has any sense he uses it.

KennyBurner

he was the only player in midfield today. Pogba played farther up the pitch while lingard was somewhere. Have some perspective before you make outlandish statements. Also Garner didnt play today, did you even watch the game? he isnt a 52 million rated player but he is our next most important player for the way we are trying to play under Ole. Without him we will struggle to connect defense to attack.

R'hllor

Pogba - Matic - Scott

There is no version of this universe, where Matic can be included in something called the best midfield.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Another game where he shows some nice diagonal passing, but then it's overshadowed by his own chaotic manner on the pitch.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Pogba doesn't fit with him. He's supposed to be his substitute, but the genius Ole didn't use Fred in any game that Pogba was injured so we could see him at his best (Bar the Europa fixture, which was a game where we were in control for 90 minutes)

Last edited:

Devil may care

Tried to play it forward quickly to give us some tempo but it led to him rushing passes too often and giving it away.

caid

I'd just keep playing him tbh, i'll take the chaotic feck ups for the vaguely decent bits of play.

M16Red

I'd just keep playing him tbh, i'll take the chaotic feck ups for the vaguely decent bits of play.
Yep, midfielders will give the ball away as do all players.. no worse than Pogba, he has cost us goals before.

I say keep playing him as CM, in no way is he a DM.

AkaAkuma

I'd take Fred playing quick forward passes over Matic being conservative. The latter just results in one of our wingers losing the ball having received the ball in no space.

Unfortunately there isn't a third choice at this time, so Fred and his perceived flaws for me is the best option we have.

Kostov

What game are you all watching? he was the only player who could move the ball quickly across the pitch today. Apart from his random hiccups which didnt cost us a goal today he was instrumental in us moving the ball forward. Im convinced he is just a scapegoat and any small mistake he makes in a game is used to cancel his overall good performance. We need him more than ever if we are going to do anything from midfield this season.
He has zero composure and you can question his intelligence. So many times he overhit or misplaced a simple fecking pass it was criminal. Yeah the clown next to him was even worse, but Fred was absolute shit and should be sold as soon as possible. Add to that how many times he tried a fecking shot, pathetic player.

Bwuk

He’s totally sh*te. People are kidding themselves on when it comes to Fred.

KranjskaKlobasa

He needs to unlearn those passes back to central defender which are usually too soft and converted into attack for the opposition.

jackal&hyde

Another game where he shows some nice diagonal passing, but then it's overshadowed by his own chaotic manner on the pitch.
I agree. Even though i still believe he can come good because he has the talent and work rate, his composure is not looking to be improving much. Still has time though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
His sideways and backwards passing reminds me of our glory days witnessing Tom Cleverly strut his repetitive pragmatism on the Old Trafford turf.
Yet Tom Cleverly didn't cost 50 Million Euros!!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He has zero composure and you can question his intelligence. So many times he overhit or misplaced a simple fecking pass it was criminal. Yeah the clown next to him was even worse, but Fred was absolute shit and should be sold as soon as possible. Add to that how many times he tried a fecking shot, pathetic player.
This is actually a serious and real issue with him. The weight of his passing is all over the place, he can smack a pass to someone close to him as he can underhit it

His sideways and backwards passing reminds me of our glory days witnessing Tom Cleverly strut his repetitive pragmatism on the Old Trafford turf.
It’s a fair comparison - and let’s be fair Cleverly at least put in some good performances for us. Cleverly > Fred. I don’t think that’s even arguable. Fred = Kleberson, that’s his level, and he’s likely to be shipped off to somewhere like turkey soon enough.

AmanNits04

I think Fred will play better if plays further up the field. He is an all action midfielder, asking him to the deepest midfielder will hamper his performances.
We have already seen that he has the potential to make mistakes while recieving the ball from the defence. He is tenacious and never stops running. If he plays 15-20 yards further up the field, he can be a good player.
We desperately need a deep lying midfielder, someone in the mould of busquets.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
50m pounds wasn't it?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I do not see anything in Fred. Against the 17th placed team in League One what did he actually show?

As of late its become fashionable to call for Fred to play more. I don't understand why. Matic not being up to it does not mean that Fred is.

Maybe its coincidence that both Mourinho and Solskajer have taken a look at this lad and thought 'second string'? Based on what I am seeing I don't think it is though.

I go back to the Andy Mitten article about Fred, which suggested Jose never wanted him and he was signed on the advice of other club staff, and its seemingly becoming clearer and clearer that Mitten's sources were right: Fred isn't a £50m midfielder and he is not a Man Utd midfielder.

Fred is probably worse than John O'Shea and Alan Smith were in midfield. For £50m quid thats shocking. Bizarre we bought this lad when we already had Ander Herrera. Back when we brought him in Herrera still had a good length on his contract and we could've just renewed. The decision making at United is twilight zone.

Last edited:

Welbeckham

I’ve been saying it since before we signed him, he’s absolutely useless at this level, and it won’t change. An absolute fraud stealing a living. Anderson’s dreads had more talent than the whole of this guy. And we have more of these players.

Eddy_JukeZ

His weight of passing goes from brilliant to downright terrible in the span of 30 seconds at times.

He's an odd player.

Likely a waste of money.

Welbeckham

Tom Cleverley was much better player, he was bang average, but still a PL level player, not a complete disaster.

Woodzy

Terrible signing.

Incredible how many signings we have made in the last 6 years that haven’t been anywhere near good enough. A lot of them have left the club already!

Bestietom

Pogba - Matic - Scott

That's right it is our best midfield now. Garner, and Gomes, we don't know about yet, but Fred and Pereira are just not good enough

Raw

It's actually impressive how much we fecked up Jose's last summer window. There's Fred who's useless and Dalot who isn't ready for first team football. Oh and Grant who's a 3rd choice keeper.

NoMidfielders

Pretty much every forward pass was poorly weighted or directed, only seems to be capable of playing sideways passes and hoping another player actually does something useful. Reasonably good at winning the ball back but not good enough to hold down a spot on that alone and to top it off gives the ball away in dangerous areas far too often. Sadly we won't even get half our money back on this bloke even discounting wages.

Champagne Football

I can understand his lack of focus, with himself and his wife trying to figure out where their 3rd wedding will be next summer. Once they come to a decision, I'm expecting him to set the PL alight.

Sylar

He did ok. Ok as in weve been so bad this season in that area, it seemed ok.

I really was expecting him and Pogba to dominate the ball but the inability to string passes together, get it and pass it and move into space is shocking.

youmeletsfly

Pogba - Matic - Scott

It is, if you're looking to pass the ball sideways the whole game.

Fred will lose some balls, like Pogba does, but he seems able to hit a forward pass unlike MCT and Matic.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's good midfielder, good with his passing, can use both feet, can create chance, work hard to win the ball back. His weakness is that he loses the ball easily if he's under pressure which a lot of midfielder will do if they don't have composure or no ball retention. Unfortunately composure & ball retention come from talent not just training, I can't see him making the improvement but I'll play him alongside Pogba & McT, he's miles better option than having Matic, Mata & Pereira in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.