6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Still a few sloppy moments, but can't fault his desire. He is really good at breaking up play. Made 7 tackles today. Most in our team after Wan-Bissaka, who made 11.

The sooner he sees himself as a ball winner rather than a ball player, the better. He used to be the latter at Shakhtar, but his passing isn't consistent enough for him to be the 'dictator' - as he was described as by his manager at Shakhtar.

Put him in a team next to a ball player and get him to break up play and keep it simple.

Litch

Good figures, I think sometimes with players you can become forensic in how you see them forgetting that others are doing the same or worse. Also we focus on what they can't do and not what they can......

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Still really weird player, even though he was good today IMO, but I think good manager can make him competent midfielder in a well functioned team.

Based Adnan

It's like he has one nervy moment a game. Today it was when he played through Pukki. Has cost us in the past and would have done so today vs a better team.

Saying that I thought he was good overall today. Good on the ball and done well to recover it. Jury's still out for me because he's had performances like this only to follow them up with an absolute horrow show. Will be interesting to see him alongside Pogba.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lot better from him today, shame every game he has this ‘wtf moment’. Can’t complain much today, he had good game.

Snafu17

He imposed himself on the game a lot more than usually but he really needs to cut the stupid shit out.

Ekeke

Between Fred and McTominay and with Andreas just in front, the 3 won the ball back well. A group effort.

That said it was 7 tackles from Fred alone. Ander would be delighted with that. McTominay was more picking up loose passes and Andreas was a bit less aggressive than normal in the 10 role

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I think he is the closest player we have to Herrera.

Still not overly impressed with him at this stage, but there is no denying that his game is slowly improving.

RedIan

He is a master at giving the ball away and loosing possession, no where near the player Herrera was. Not liking him at all. Average player who decks up a lot.

dev1l

Good game today. Not perfect but improvement. I think some people are still biaised against him because he was shit in the past but credit where it's due

Shimo

Overall good game. Yeah it sucks when he gives away the ball with a pass that turns out to be bad but, I prefer that than him trying those than just the safe route. Think as he gets more consecutive games, he'll get into bit better rhythm.

We need his energy along side McTomminay if we are going to persist with just 2 CM. Anyone else other those 2 in midfield and we'll get overrun against most.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Overall good game. Yeah it sucks when he gives away the ball with a pass that turns out to be bad but, I prefer that than him trying those than just the safe route. Think as he gets more consecutive games, he'll get into bit better rhythm.
You prefer him playing through balls to the opposition striker than taking the safe route? This issue isn't him losing the ball trying to create things. He's playing backwards passes directly to the opposition springing counter attacks.

Ekeke

He is a master at giving the ball away and loosing possession, no where near the player Herrera was. Not liking him at all. Average player who decks up a lot.
Well no he isnt as good, but he's one of our best options to plug the hole he left until at least Jan and most likely this summer

simmee

First game I thought he performed really good. But both him and McTominay needs to cut their stupid mistakes out.

Imagine if they keep improving and we can play Pogba further forward. The midfield is actually starting to look good then.

Welbeckham

Possibly his best performance with us. Especially first half was good. But, I don’t think he’s nowhere near good enough, and I only wish we still had Herrera next to McTominay, whose getting better and better. In the first half he actually looked like a player someone could spend 20 or 30 million on (probably not his actual fee), composed and energetic.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Think he could be a useful player for us if he was coached tactically in to passing it only to 3/4 players in the team & to hold his position.

His job is to intercept and then pass it to Pogba, Mctomminay, Wan Bissaka, Our LB & I'd keep it at that.

If he starts - he needs to be one of those players that breaks down the opposition attack & instantly pass it to a player so the player who receives the ball can make a run or make a pass to initiate an attack.

I don't think Fred can do the passing to initiate an attack & possibly the guy is unfortunate to be playing in a team where he has to do a bit of everything rather than just break possession where he can rotate it within his own team.

luke511

Semi decent performance from him, still hate how inconsistent his passing is for a centre midfielder though.

Imperator

Fred is a likeable human being and I do sometimes feel harsh heavily criticising him, but when I remember he's cost £52 million and is earning what he's earning, I stop feeling harsh criticising him. It's abundantly clear Fred is a liability and should be moved on as soon as possible. When half the Caf is saying things like "if we can just get him to run around like a headless chicken maybe he won't give the ball away as often" ... great! This is Manchester United! He should be more than competent in any position when he has that transfer fee attached to him. And this he never will be.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Grande

Fred is a likeable human being and I do sometimes feel harsh heavily criticising him, but when I remember he's cost £52 million and is earning what he's earning, I stop feeling harsh criticising him. It's abundantly clear Fred is a liability and should be moved on as soon as possible. When half the Caf is saying things like "if we can just get him to run around like a headless chicken maybe he won't give the ball away as often" ... great! This is Manchester United! He should be more than competent in any position when he has that transfer fee attached to him. And this he never will be.
It should do well to remember that players don’t actually run around the pitch with transfer fees attached to them.

The only question once he is actually here (he is), is: Does he contribute more playing than he will by being sold for what we will get for him?

Today, I think he did, and with the midfield options we have as per today, he probably will until June.

By then, we’ll see what our midfield options can be and where Fred and his possible sell on fee at that point will stand.

In no way can Fred be criticized for what United’s (seemingly lunatic) scouting and executive departments did a year ago, he can only be compared to himself. And today, he showed a decent side of himself.

Velvet Revolver

Using transfer fees in this day and age to gauge anyone is not a good argument. Based on what you are saying, if we got him for lets say 20mil it's ok for him to play badly?. A player needs to play well, regardless of what we paid to get him, as simple as that!

Prongsy

When it comes to Fred, I absolutely could care less if am sold on him. his performance last night, or in the last 3-4 weeks, have been pretty adequate. He can improve so much with consistency and confidence. May even grow to be leadership material in midfield. He has lots of abilities and it looks like he is really trying. But back to my main point, it absolutely doesn't matter what I observe from the game. I only hope Ole just sees enough that Fred would need like 5-8 straight starts with good support and team playing good swift passes to really grow into a player we hope he can be. Else, we'll just forever use him like Veron and keep laughing at what a joke he is when he doesn't do what we want him to do. Early days, but signs looking positive. He still has 15-20 percent of 90 minutes where he does stupid things. Nothing Anderson didn't do. Just needs more game time and protection by how we set up. and hopefully Matic isn't given Visa or something to return to UK. Protecting Fred cos he is new to league should be over. just like Pereira early on this season, Fred needs to start and just get used to the league. He could still probably come up short, like that idiot Aurier, but there is still a very honest footballer there.

Tarrou

Sure but he wasn't yesterday was he?

You never know he might turn into a player yet

but we don't have much choice anyway until we sign someone

settembrini

He's getting back to the decent form he showed at the end of last season.

Yesterday he recorded 0 dispossessed and 0 poor touches for what must surely be the first time in his United career.

JoaquinJoaquin

Shocked to see him with one of our lowest scores on here. Thought he was good again. He needs a good run in the starting line up now if we are going to get anything from him.

Zlatattack

We'll have to see how he goes for the rest of the season. It doesn't make sense that both Jose and Pep were chasing a player who looks like an utter dud sometimes.

midnightmare

Meh. The bar is so low for him if people found that to be a "good" performance. Was not abject - but surely that's not a qualification we should cheer? His passing is terrible - and a lot of the passes he completed were hit several yards away from where they should have been, with completion dependent on Norwich being poor at closing space. He wasn't pressed much and when he was, he literally played Pukki right in. He will cost us massively in crunch games and just should not be a key member for us. Are we really just seeking a guy that tackles in order to heap praise on him? The days when we just need a "destroyer" are in the hoary past - and it's not even like he's a consistently great destroyer...

Garner is all of 18 and nowhere close to ready to be a starter for us, but he looked much better. Two moments from Garner that stood out as why:
1. He was under pressure and Young still passed him the ball. Garner just casually played a first time ball forward (to Rashford?) and found him. No worries. Had he taken a second touch, he'd have lost possession. The spatial awareness, vision of where the other player was and willingness to take a ball under pressure is something that Fred doesn't have.
2. That dummy towards the end - you just know that Fred would have passed back to DdG in the same position.

Again, Garner is not ready to start PL games yet - but he already looks better than Fred! Says a lot about Fred and given how long Fred has been here, there are no excuses. Just not good enough.

Fracture90

Think our Fredo was amongst the our very best performers yesterday. Much better with his passing and ball control. Think he's starting to settle in.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He did ok-ish last night ,though still nothing to write home about. Plus,he's still sh*t scared to go up for a header.
He must be the easiest player to intimidate.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think I've got a hold on my anxiety these days but it flares up every time there's a chance that the ball is going to him.

I just think we're going to concede every time anyone passes to him and that's before we even get to whatever he does with it.

Someone said he's the Phil Jones of the midfield and I agree only he's even more nerve wracking.

AR87

He's probably the biggest winner in Pogba's prolonged absence in that he basically must be played now for a consistent stretch. Yesterday I thought he was excellent aside from the pass that nearly put Pukki in and then right after he played a very loose pass to Maguire that put him under a bit of pressure. So he needs to still iron that out, but he's looked much more consistent over the last couple of matches.

Pereira's inclusion is also helping him and McTominay because he doesn't just receive the ball between the lines and play it right back to them like Lingard, he's willing to try to turn and create. It's given us a bit more verve in possession and eased the responsibility on those two. Think this should be the preferred midfield three for the time being until Pogba returns.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shocked to see him with one of our lowest scores on here. Thought he was good again. He needs a good run in the starting line up now if we are going to get anything from him.
The caf have a habit of making their minds up about somebody and sticking to it.

Fred could score a hattrick against Liverpool and they'd still moan he misplaced a pass and didn't have a perfect 100% completion rate.

He played well yesterday, if he and the rest play like that we'll win much more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.