Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He gives hope to Igbal that there's always.. always.. a place for Iqbal in United squad.

stevoc

Yes, this is going to be storm of Fred hate. He is shit when he has to be a 'main man' in midfield and do all of that difficult passing stuff and getting the ball from back to front. He is usefull when he can run around while he has someone next to him to do the more difficult technical football stuff.

When he receives passes from the defense and is the person to progress the ball forward... He passes it straight to the opponent or is pressed of the ball.
Opponents know it too. Troy Deeney says he used to be a trigger press for Watford for example. Today was Fred at his worst... and i quite like him as a player. Certainly like him more than most i think
Fair assessment, yet he's a central midfielder for Manchester United and Brazil. Let that sink in.

IFC 1905

Not for United level. Same as Bruno, AWB, Weighorst, MCT.

horrible to watch today. If he played a 10 percent better, United would've won.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was bad but he was the only midfielder. Sabitzer wasn't really giving him support and Bruno was far up. The moment you ask Fred to stay back and pass from deep, we know what's going to happen. That's exactly what happened today.

We miss Casemiro and Eriksen.

CloneMC16

Dreadful. It was one of those games for him. Worst player on the pitch. Passing was way off and he kept overcommitting and getting dribbled past.

Midfield was wide open all game. Him and Sabitzer didn't do their jobs well.

criticalanalysis

Made me laugh. Damned by faint praise.

Ultimately, he needs phasing out (of the club), but there's more pressing matters to attend to before that happens.
Possibly not which is saying something about some of the previous performances he's put in. He was a genuine liability offensively and defensively tonight.

To be fair he's been much better recently but someone in here recently said he's one of our 3 most important and best players this season. I'd love to try some of what that guy's been on, it must be quality stuff.
Looks like my post has engaged quite a few responses :drool:

I don't disagree. For my own mental sporting health and expectations, I just 'accept' a performance like this from Fred because we've seen it too many times (very high highs and very low lows). To be fair, the whole midfield trio was bit of a shambles but that's kind of expected with both first choices out.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Bottom line is this is similar to what you get when you stick Fred next to McTominay, or anyone else that isn't a true holding midfielder. He's terrible as a distributor. But the real issue for me alongside those giveaways is he really didn't win many challenges either, we seemed to go 60 minutes without winning a 50/50 ball, and to top it all off he missed at least two great chances to score.

I still think he's very useful as a more advanced pressing 8 like he's done for us this year and excelled, but games like this will expose all of his weaknesses in this role

Milo2035

Was he that bad ? I only watched the last 10 minutes and he was ok. Also the highlight show that Alejandro and Bruno lost the ball leading to goals.

Prodigy24

All over the place with everything. He's not been this erratic for a while now but my God he was terrible today. We really miss Casemiro.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's in for a rough night. Deservedly I might add.

This is exactly why he was never a starter for EtH. Off the bench when everything is rosy is fine, but expecting him to set the tempo against a hyper Leeds?

Stinker. Cheers, Case.

VivaRonaldo85

He’s a harrier and nothing more. You can’t ask him to do anything with the ball. Have him run around and put out fires, but due to injuries we’re asking him to do what other players usually do, and he isn’t good at it.
Yes, he’s a work horse but is only effective with high quality midfielders around him. As soon as he is required to be anything more than the legs, he and subsequently the team fall to pieces.

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
1 man midfield show today and he was all over the place. Bayern dude is not ready for this level.

People are just irrational in judging Fred. Fred isn't a passer, close control player. He's a high press, defend, and counter kind of player. Very useful in that scope, but utilized outside his limits due to the absences. Still better at his B2B/pressing role than any other midfielder we have and probably 17 other teams in the EPL. You can't expect him to be what he isn't and then say sell him... unless you are a pissed Caf fan after a bad draw. Then its okay haha

Parma Dewol

All over the place with everything. He's not been this erratic for a while now but my God he was terrible today.
Really did seem as though everything he touched went wrong.

Would love to see some actual stats for attempts on target and passes completed, just to see if he was as poor as I thought. It got so bad I was thinking the only way Leeds can win this 3-2 is with Fred’s help. Maybe I was being harsh.

Lord Zlatan

needs to go. Hes a disaster. Cant pass to save his life which is pretty important in a premier league midfield. Spends his time giving thumbs up to teammates to apologise for sloppy passes.

RedIan

Fred has played well when Casamiro is along side him. Tonight he was utter garbage, back to the old Fred, woeful passing and constantly loosing the ball. Hes such a friggin panicker.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Erratic and makes poor decisions with the ball. At times he should just hold onto it, he gives out a cheap pass and gets dispossessed.

thebelfastboy

Shocking performance from him tonight. Many levels below the standards required at this club - as much as I like his personality etc it's clear that he simply isn't good enough either as a starter or backup.
Should be offloaded in the summer.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was so bad and frustrating. But he got even worse after our equalizer. He pretty much played for Leeds after that.

One of the worst performances you'll see from a Man United midfielder. Abysmal.

RuudTom83

Fred will never be Casemiro but that shouldn't be news to anyone in the squad or watching illegally online.

The problems arise when the team continues to play as if Casemiro is playing. Don't give Fred the ball when he is under pressure facing his own goal! simple!

PoTMS

His ratio of bad to good games is 5:1. Boot this guy out of our club ASAP.

Dominos

If you were colourblind and couldn't tell what shirt each player was wearing, you'd have thought he was playing for Leeds tonight.

Felt like he didn't pass to a red shirt all game.

TheRedHearted

He was bad but he was the only midfielder. Sabitzer wasn't really giving him support and Bruno was far up. The moment you ask Fred to stay back and pass from deep, we know what's going to happen. That's exactly what happened today.

We miss Casemiro and Eriksen.
So how come our coaching staff doesn’t know that?
Shaw could be tried there, lindelof or as crazy as it sounds play one sitting midfielder in sabitzer and play both Shaw and Malacia and two cbs and a right back if we need more defensive cover. Shaw can slot in the middle.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Simply not good enough has to be let go in the summer if any buyer wants him.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Poor. And especially poor with his shooting for the majority of our final 4 chances in the game
His passing was actually worse than his shooting tonight, which should be an impossible task yet somehow he did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.