5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

He was our best player, yes silly foul for the free kick but that was well down the list of issues for that goal.

L1nk

Would definitely keep him around if possible, but needs to be upgraded on in the summer

kundalini

Too weak in the challenge, typically slightly late so gave away tons of free-kicks, failed to track runners.

Lyng

He doesn't offer anything creative. Yes he is defensively very sound but there is to much space between him and Bruno.

DavelinaJolie

Real terrier today and put in a pretty decent cross as well. Not sure what else to say, he did what he usually does.

NickJ

How anyone can say he played ok he is so far off what we need. He can’t pass the ball 5 yards and his tackling is amateur level. Time to be ruthless with players like this. If the likes of Iqbal , Mainoo etc can’t step up and replace Fred then we really are in trouble.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That should be Fred's last game for United. All of his flaws were on full display today. His usual buzzing about being a nuisance was brushed aside by City. It was like watching a fly trying to annoy a buffalo. He doesn't have the required technical ability or the needed physical power to really benefit us. Him and Eriksen together in midfield was like laying on a buffet for Pep.

Marwood

We've seen Fred be much worse but he just has to go. All the well documented issues with his game but physically he's not what he was either. Lost a yard of pace for sure.

BorisManUtd

I like Fred but this may have been his last game in United shirt with those rumours about Fulham going around. He'll probably want more playing time and being 30 he's still got few years left of this prime.

Dominos

He was our best player, yes silly foul for the free kick but that was well down the list of issues for that goal.
Games are decided by details.

Regardless of how good City are, you at least have full control over your own decisions you make on a football pitch. The best teams don't make as many inexplicably dumb decisions on the pitch as we do.

The decision to foul him when we had a 2v1, De Bruyne facing the touchline is just unforgivable stupidity. Yet again proving we have the absolutely dumbest group of players imaginable.

One of the reasons players make so many stupid decisions is lack of accountability and responsibility, they'll always find someone else to blame or think "well that's just football, a free kick is no big deal". Don't give them a needless free kick, and they don't score from it. De Gea doesn't have the chance to even make a howler if we don't gift them a free kick.

Irwin99

Thought he played well, never stopped running and was always trying to disrupt City's game.

His last game for the club most likely and i genuinely wish him well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wish him all the best. Always liked his energy and attitude, he's an excellent squad player to have. Did well today, as he has so often in big games.

jackal&hyde

I can't help but like Fred. Just not good enough going forward for the team. A lot of hard work, not enough quality.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I actually didn’t like his performance. Soon as he made the tackle, I knew it would lead in to a goal.

It’s personally why I rate players like Casemiro & Rice highly - they read the ball, position themselves so they stop the attacking lane and make clean tackles 97% of the time.

Fred is just running after someone and tripping somebody over.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Not a bad performance but it was riddled with some telling mistakes. That lapse in concentration for 1-0 was unprofessional.

Bobski

[/QUOTE]
I actually didn’t like his performance. Soon as he made the tackle, I knew it would lead in to a goal.

It’s personally why I rate players like Casemiro & Rice highly - they read the ball, position themselves so they stop the attacking lane and make clean tackles 97% of the time.

Fred is just running after someone and tripping somebody over.

You must have missed the legion of Casemiro sliding tackles taking him out of games this season.

Oranges038

Primary cause of the goal. He gives away a stupid needless foul when it's 2v1 in his favour.

He's an absolute clown, he should never play for the club again.

The Substitute

I would say Fred was the best performing midfield today. He is not ment to create, but he certainly was the best disruptor today. Miles better than Eriksen, Fernandes and Casimiro

Sylar

He did ok but it was the usual, sloppy play mixed with good work. The foul he gave away was unnecessary and just what city and kdb wanted

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Not a bad performance but it was riddled with some telling mistakes. That lapse in concentration for 1-0 was unprofessional.
That looked bad in replay. Casemiro had moved to our left and he just stood still watching the ball instead of covering for him.

Litch

Was our best midfielder by some. Foul against KDB, what midfielders arent suppose to give fouls away?

OrcaFat

I love Fred. He did some decent things today and looked sharp. He has a part to play but nine times out of ten it should be off the bench. Unless we sign an 8 I can see him starting ahead of Eriksen next year and that’s not a good direction to be going in.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
That looked bad in replay. Casemiro had moved to our left and he just stood still watching the ball instead of covering for him.
It was the key error in that sequence and everyone was playing catch up after that.

GL21

Total clown. Continuously giving away fouls in most tackles...and they are never crunching 50 50s either. He runs a lot people say to defend him but more often than not its his running aimlessly which vacates space leaving opposition delighted and team mates stranded. Definitely the lowest IQ midfielder I've ever seen. I will be so grateful if it's his last game, we just need better...much much better

Banana Republic

Fred is one of our hardest working and more committed players, but his shortcomings mean it’s time for him to move on, if we’re to improve our midfield.

I’m convinced that 80% of Fred’s physical failings and weakness is down to his diminutive size and short legs.
Despite his strong engine, he’s physically weak and regularly just gets brushed off by stronger players.
Plus, with his short legs, he frequently can’t match an opponents speed of movement over a few yards.
When he goes in to block or make a challenge, he’s often stretching beyond a comfortable reach with his legs, resulting in fouling, rather than winning the ball.
How many times have we seen him struggling to block or match an opponent, who then brushes past him, with Fred ending behind the player, like a lost puppy chasing a car. Again, if he tries to tackle, he’s stretching from behind and invariably gives away a foul.

He’s put in more effort than most of our players and had some really top performance for Utd, especially this season, but unfortunately these are the exception, rather than the rule. Being played out of position, for most of his time at Utd, hasn’t helped.
I’m sorry to see him go, but we need a stronger and more reliable replacement.

One of the main reasons we didn't get totally overrun. We need better in the starting lineup but he has a place in the squad without a doubt.

Kingofwinners

Doubling down isn’t helping your case.
It is, he’s 100% right. Fred isn’t good enough full stop, completely unreliable. For all their financial doping City have set a new bar in terms of players ability to control the ball and make consistent passes. With Fred in the squad we will never compete.

Oscar Bonavena

I don't think he's good enough for the first Xi of a team who wants to challenge for league titles or champions league, but is he good enough to keep as a squad player? I haven't made up my mind.

He's a likeable player, in the sense that he always gives 100% effort compared to other players in the team who have way more ability.

He's very rash though. Silly foul for the 2nd goal. He had kdb pinned against the sideline, he should never have let himself get beaten from there, but he has that in his game unfortunately. He'll get done by smarter players.

Ekeke

Lost the ball too much (tackled 4 times, even though his pass % was high) and constantly fouling (6 fouls, 1 yellow card)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It is, he’s 100% right. Fred isn’t good enough full stop, completely unreliable. For all their financial doping City have set a new bar in terms of players ability to control the ball and make consistent passes. With Fred in the squad we will never compete.
Fred’s inconsistency is a problem. I wouldn’t argue with that. Turning on him after a game where he was one of our best players, following a string of good performances during the season run in, makes no sense.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
People still don't understand the concept of squad player (that Fred is).

I am much more worried about Eriksen than Fred and this game only made it worse. I have no doubt he has a place in the squad. Improving first XI is what we should be worried about.

MadMike

Lost the ball too much (tackled 4 times, even though his pass % was high) and constantly fouling (6 fouls, 1 yellow card)
I have 0 problems with him constantly fouling. In fact no, scratch that, I do have a problem. He should aim to significantly increase those, those are rookie numbers in this racket.

When Fernandinho was doing it, committing 10 fouls a game to break up opposition attacks while getting away with it, people were calling it art. When someone does it on our side, it’s suddenly a problem.

I like what he does. So long as he doesn’t misplace easy passes I don’t have major complaints for the rest of his game. He was good yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.