5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fred's a lovely guy but if we renew his contract that shows we have no ambition. Brighton found Caicedo for £5m. Don't tell me its more expensive to replace him than to keep him. In the world of football there will be players that we could get, for relatively little, who offer much more than Fred.

Irwin99

I like him and I can never fault his effort but the mind just boggles at times how you can be that bad so often and play for United.

He does have some good games where he makes an impact but as someone said, it's like a coin flip as to which turn Fred turns up. I'll be interested to see how he plays for Brazil in a few weeks. A baffling player.

stevoc

He has a few redeeming qualities and he has genuinely terrific games from time to time but his bottom level is atrocious.

For the most part he's a brutal player to watch from a technical point of view.

CloneMC16

I can't defend him tonight. He was awful. This was one of those bottom level performances that makes him a liability to the team.

He's got to do better.

Real Name

He cant play a normal game in the sense you just say he was good. He either has a blinder and even in those blinder he makes some awful mistakes but put his all out there and plays with huge energy, or he has games like last nights when he looks like he just started playing the game the day before.

Glorio

Unsure how a pro footballer can be so erratic at passing and discipline (he spends everyday training!!), that said he's usually very good at other elements of midfield play.

Last night though, he was terrible all round. Typically you'd expect Fred to bring intensity, pressing, tackles at 100mph with 100% commitment. Yesterday he was getting to opponents but not really tackling with any conviction, can't remember him dispossessing anyone. It crossed my mind at least twice that he was playing with the World Cup in mind.

He's not one I'd class the most intelligent player in the world, but some really odd choices last night. Once Rashford (I think) was fighting to head a ball under immense pressure from Villa players around the halfway line, and Fred rather than checking his run and staying close to contest the second ball just zoomed past him at full pelt towards the opposition goal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Highfather_24

Replace him with Enzo Fernandez and VdB with Mjebri next season. Our midfield will be much better.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I just loved how he hold on to the ball for an eternity for no particular reason before slotting through Rashford who by then obviously was in an offside position.

:houllier:

stevoc

I just loved how he hold on to the ball for an eternity for no particular reason before slotting through Rashford who by then obviously was in an offside position.

Rashford just didn't time his run correctly. Fred instantly controlled the ball with a great 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th touch and then released a cracking through ball. Not Fred's fault.

When he’s good he’s great (Spurs game). When he’s bad he’s a league 2 standard midfielder. What the feck was that yesterday. Messed up so many basic passes. It’s hilarious.

sugar_kane

feck that was infuriating, so stupid.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Rashford just didn't time his run correctly. Fred instantly controlled the ball with a great 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th touch and then released a cracking through ball. Not Fred's fault.
:lol:

Djemba-Djemba

Spurs game aside he's been pretty fecking woeful this season.

Even by his generally low standards he's put in some horrendous displays under ETH.

NoPace

He really could be a good #8 for the right team, but it isn't us. Feels like he'd do well at like Roma or Lazio.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Gets brought on to sure things up.

Decides to go on an attacking run with 4 minutes left.

Just Fred things really.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
It was a stupid decision to bring him on, I don't think it was an injury replacement, but had no time to get into the rhythm of the game, was chasing shadows really, especially when Modric comfortably got around him.
I think this will be Fred's last season at Old Trafford, he's been such an enigma on the pitch, but watching Hannibal, Iqbal and Mainoo perform recently, I think they could replace him quite easily, at least they won't give the ball away so frequently.

ZainCRse7en

Is it just me or this dude always plays like he thinks he is some prime messi? Really sick of how he brainlessly attempt to go on an attacking run to a dead end and ultimately end up always losing the ball, exposing the team wide open.

Last edited:

fallengt

was nowhere to be seen on that Croatia's goal.
Lost the ball in final third then ultimately lead to Croatia's counter attack
Wasn't all his fault mind, few Brazil's players didn't track back either. But Fred does Fred' things, he invites chaos, not stableness.
It was stupid decision to bring him on when you were on 1-0 lead.

jesperjaap

Maybe emotive on the back of a world cup exit, but interesting to see there was a poll regarding the players people want to see for Brazil in March in the country....Fred was the least chosen.

Have never understood the love for Fred on here at times, has literally had about 2 good months and the odd good game his whole time here and he cost over £50m....yet whenever I criticised him it was "he is playing for Brazil the best side in the world and most technical and the Brazil fans love him"......well

Pound for pound one of the worst signings I remember us making, he isnt a defensive midfielder and he isnt an attackign one either, so many flaws in his game and his passing is simply dreadful.

Be shocled if gets a new contract....dire waste of money

Bogga

Don't know if its even true but there are reports about PSG want Fred
If there's any truth I'd be fine with that... but that leaves us with Eriksen, Casemiro, Donny and Scott as senior players for the central midfield. If we sell him and hope to achieve anything I truly hope we strengthen that area... not that he's crucial to success, but I rate him above Donny and Scott

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If there's any truth I'd be fine with that... but that leaves us with Eriksen, Casemiro, Donny and Scott as senior players for the central midfield. If we sell him and hope to achieve anything I truly hope we strengthen that area... not that he's crucial to success, but I rate him above Donny and Scott
Emmmm here comes Franky!

Yes I'm a Muppet.

M Bison

Supports
York City
and add to that, how poor Donny is/has been it really leaves us with 3. Surely Zidane would then be promoted, cant do any worse.

Litch

Never easy coming off the bench, not played enough football which he needs but great finish. I think his time here is coming to an end but whilst maybe not of the quality, will be looked back as an honest hardworking player

Status
Not open for further replies.