5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Møllemanden

Waddled back after a poor cross and received a peach of a ball from Casemiro... Don't give him credit. Rewatch the few minutes he was on the pitch. He was absolutely dreadful except from the finish.

Fun fact: Christian Eriksen and Fred has the same amount of PL assists for United. One has 15 games, the other has 116.

Sh*t man, get rid of him ASAP. Please!

Remember the geese

Waddled back after a poor cross and received a peach of a ball from Casemiro... Don't give him credit. Rewatch the few minutes he was on the pitch. He was absolutely dreadful except from the finish.

Fun fact: Christian Eriksen and Fred has the same amount of PL assists for United. One has 15 games, the other has 116.

You could at least try to be impartial.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

In other news, Ross Barkley has more assists than Kante (probably). Who gives a shit?

Pickle85

Stay classy, alleged united fan.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think ten Hag has noticed. Otherwise he wouldn't have signed Eriksen and Casemiro.
Because we're trying to play a different style of football. Eriksen is a better player, but Fred is a useful squad option (and entirely different type of player), which is exactly what he's being used as.

Saying "he has less assists than a playmaker and is therefore bad" is worthless. If he has less pressures, ball recoveries and distance covered per 90, then we can talk.

Sylar

Strangely I thought he was mostly atrocious until he scored :lol:

Lovely run and finish. But for a midfielder at the level he is at, his passing is just strange especially when it has to be more than ten yards

NoPace

It was clearly a good cameo with some backheels, flicks and energy apart from the goal. Don't know what you guys were seeing
Yeah, he looked really spritely, even before the goal. Still our best midfield replacement unless Casemiro is out (so if Eriksen or Bruno are out), though that is saying very little.

MattofManchester

Defensively, was chasing shadows and gave the ball away multiple times after he came on, but did pretty well in the attacking half.

Litch

Some People will always focus on the negative when it comes to Fred. I think people look for the mistakes and forensically examine his game more than most. Often saying he can’t pass but his stats often prove his percentage is much higher than most on the team, then he doesn‘t pass forward when often that’s wrong too. Then he can’t shot, we’ll have a look at his goals last season and the tidy finish this week.

Its funny cause our best game for many seasons was against Spurs, Fred was MOTM. He may not be the answer but his best performances are often the bigger the games.

Sylar

Showed urgency when he came on which is what we needed. Actually thought this was a better cameo as a sub (compared to the last one where he scored)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He changed the game you have to say. We had way more bite in Midfield.

Not sure i'd be starting Eriksen against Arsenal and City.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good change by ten Hag to put Fred on. As mentioned, he brought a much needed energy to our game. Pressed high and won the ball in dangerous positions.

Certainly think having a player like Fred to bring on is a massive benefit to us.

In a couple weeks when we play City, ten Hag needs to put him next to Casemiro.

PlayerOne

He seems to be good coming off the bench and having an impact on the game. Can't ask for more from him really, perfect squad player.

kiristao

He seems to be good coming off the bench and having an impact on the game. Can't ask for more from him really, perfect squad player.
This.
Never sulks. Always gives his 100%. Always brings urgency and energy whenever he plays or comes on.

stevoc

Scrappy games like today suit his style of play off the bench.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Thought he was an improvement from Eriksen.
Eriksen was really poor today. Seemed to lack the intensity required for this game. Fred did much better.

I quite like Fred as an option from the bench to mix things up. As a starter he worries me with his turnovers but with everyone else tiring his energy gives us a boost

GoldanoGraham

He is appearing to get better and better - me moves the ball much quicker now and is much more dynamic than Erikson at the moment.

Ekeke

He's doing a decent job off the bench and took his goal well in the previous game. But I'd still rather that role was given to a young player that figures into our future and needs the experience to improve. Fred is the past

Elcabron

He changed the game you have to say. We had way more bite in Midfield.

Not sure i'd be starting Eriksen against Arsenal and City.
Tend to agree, as much and all as I like Ericksen, he can be anonymous in midfield at times. To be fair to him central midfield is not really his position.

Anyway this is the Fred thread, thought he did very well yesterday and credit to ETH, it was the right sub at the right time.

Baneofthegame

My only issue with Fred, is that one minute he’s amazing, pressing and winning the ball, next minute he’s fluffing easy passes.

But again he was good from the bench.

Adam-Utd

My only issue with Fred, is that one minute he’s amazing, pressing and winning the ball, next minute he’s fluffing easy passes.

But again he was good from the bench.
he is and always will be inconsistent unfortunately, but he’s usually like 80 good 20 bad these days.

I like that ETH actually keeps him further away from goal, that’s his best position. He can use his energy to press but he always chases back and tackles people from behind too, he never lets them rest.

arnie_ni

Hopefully turning a corner again. He'll be needed and offers a great option from the bench.

BorisManUtd

That was basically a perfect cameo I could've imagined as he was getting ready to be subbed on and he did everything that team needed. Well done Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.