5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aint gota Kalou

He looks confident and played another good cameo, would be tempted to start him against City but would be harsh on Eriksen.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He looks confident and played another good cameo, would be tempted to start him against City but would be harsh on Eriksen.
I think he'll start against Charlton, so should McTominay, it will be a physical battle for an hour or so.

GMoore23

Very good sub performance I would start him , Casemiro & Eriksen vs City to win the midfield battle we need those legs in there against a team like that.
This 100%.

I'd play Bruno further forward as a false 9 or on the right.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
played really well. the tackle to stop the counter was vital. Love it when Fred wakes up on the good side of the bed

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Disagree. This is the kind of role he can play in the team. Come in when some of the other opposition players are tiring and use his enthusiasm and energy to exploit that.
I agree, but Not because I dislike Fred, but because I think it's the way to use him these last few years if we are going to extend his contract. His pay should reflect that contribution. He's great, but far from irreplaceable.

Dannn411

Has to start the derby and the Arsenal game. We need legs and ball winners in the middle for those two games. Both Eriksen and Bruno cannot start either of those games together or we'll be in big trouble.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Good again. Wouldn’t be surprised if he starts against City for the extra energy over Eriksen
He should, he's much better fit to what we need currently, but unfortunately, Eriksen seems undroppable, same way Matic looked, until we find out he really is overrun too much too often and finalyl replaced him. Kinda strange bias towards Fred from Erik. He's done great since his arrival, yet McTominay was given much bigger run in the team, while he's evidently absolute useless league 1 standard. But Fred the same way like Herrera very uznderrated players and always played themselves into starting lineup sooner or later.

Obviously now we have a world class Casemiro to start most of the games and Eriksens quality on ball kinda unmissable and Fernandes will always start despite some shocking performances over years, so it might be difficult. At least, now Fred looks miles ahead of McTominay and is featuring in games. Most of the times we are in better control and moving the ball much faster. Fred's touch and fast paly is really underrated, most of the times makes very quick and good decisions too but odd wayward pass and he's absolutely worst player in the world here hehe.

stevoc

He should, he's much better fit to what we need currently, but unfortunately, Eriksen seems undroppable, same way Matic looked, until we find out he really is overrun too much too often and finalyl replaced him. Kinda strange bias towards Fred from Erik. He's done great since his arrival, yet McTominay was given much bigger run in the team, while he's evidently absolute useless league 1 standard. But Fred the same way like Herrera very uznderrated players and always played themselves into starting lineup sooner or later.

Obviously now we have a world class Casemiro to start most of the games and Eriksens quality on ball kinda unmissable and Fernandes will always start despite some shocking performances over years, so it might be difficult. At least, now Fred looks miles ahead of McTominay and is featuring in games. Most of the times we are in better control and moving the ball much faster. Fred's touch and fast paly is really underrated, most of the times makes very quick and good decisions too but odd wayward pass and he's absolutely worst player in the world here hehe.
Or maybe we just have much better players in Fred's position now.

Fred's had a few decent cameo's off the bench recently, and a decent half tonight against a League 1 side. But other than that and a great game against Spurs he's not been pulling up trees under Ten Hag. So I think he's going to have to do a lot more than he has done this season to justify dislodging Eriksen or Fernandes. And he's obviously not getting games ahead of Casemiro.

Having said that I could see him starting against City in a 3 man midfield.

NoPace

I thought he played well. I'd start him v Man city. He seems to have hit a bit of form and I think we need more legs in midfield v city. I'd use Eriksen as an impact sub.
My guess is we'll see Eriksen for like 55-60 minutes and then Fred, but the reverse is possible. Probably not though, as we can sit deeper and still play a bit of football with Eriksen, whereas with Fred we have to come out and really play because we don't want to just purely play on the counter and we can't move the ball up the pitch consistently without Eriksen against good teams.

Litch

Fred is showing his value to the team if he is used in the right way. Freds generally shows up for the big games and I would start him against both City and Arsenal. I suspect we are going to need his energy and ability to get around the pitch against both….

criticalanalysis

what a performance today! absolutely everywhere, didn’t give KDB a sniff. fantastic
Agreed.

Fred MOTM for me. Was everywhere and massively helped keep the midfield combative and had a crazy high pass rate if my memory serves me correctly, especially as they were all mostly forward and very progressive. Think he won the ball and passed it for Bruno, who played in Garnacho for the Rashford goal too. Massive massive game from him.

Last edited:

MiracleInMadrid

His energy and power is just a superb tool to have in the squad and implement in tough and tricky matches like this.

Well done to him

Ekeke

Good game. Midfield of Casemiro, Fred and Eriksen in front worked in a match like today where we didnt try to compete to have a lot of the ball. We were just looking to break and when we came forward we looked like we could score, and we scored more than City.

led_scholes

ΜΟΜ for me. Cas had an off-day for his standards but Fred was everywhere today. Good interceptions, no misplaced passed. Everything you want from a box to box CM.

Stadjer

McFred under Ole was horrible. Fred broke away from the McFred and became Fred by himself during Ralf his period. Next step Fred took was to play excellent for ETH. Great game from Fred today.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Really good game today, that double challenge against KDB in the first half was especially fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.