French Ligue 1 - 2014/15

Mister_Stubbs

Some performance this from the Lyon keeper who is personally responsible for keeping the score 1-0! Some cracking saves.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Cavani couldn't score in a brothel, has to be the worst striker on Earth.

Lopes playing a blinder tho.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Stupid pen to give away.

Lopes saves though, what the feck, what a keeper.

Penalty will be repeated though.

Ibra makes it 1-1 after repeat.

Mister_Stubbs

That's bollocks.. Lopes saves a Ibra penalty but it's ordered to be retaken as the keeper is off he's line (yes it's the letter of the law but how many times does that happen)

Ibra scores 1-1

Devil may care

Lyon vs PSG was a pretty good game and I think overall a draw was a fair result, shame for Lopes though as he had an absolute blinder.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Really impressed by Lopes, he's 24, OL seem to have a pretty good defensive record this season, he seems to be a decent shot stopper and all that. I'd say that we should take a look at him if the-thing-we-don't-talk-about happens.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That's bollocks.. Lopes saves a Ibra penalty but it's ordered to be retaken as the keeper is off he's line (yes it's the letter of the law but how many times does that happen)

Ibra scores 1-1
The letter of the law is respected but it still feels too harsh on Lyon. Turpin will have to show some consistency otherwise he'll get torn apart by the media.

kouroux

Was it because the keeper was off his line or because a Lyon player ran into the box? What I've been told suggested the latter.
I think both things could be rightly used as justification for the retake. I think officially it was because Lopes was advanced before the kick. Either way, every penalty will have to be judged with the same scrutiny now otherwise that decision will be a clear PSG favoritism. Too many times we see hordes of players inside the box before the pen is taken.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I think both things could be rightly used as justification for the retake. I think officially it was because Lopes was advanced before the kick. Either way, every penalty will have to be judged with the same scrutiny now otherwise that decision will be a clear PSG favoritism. Too many times we see hordes of players inside the box before the pen is taken.
It was because the players running into the box. The ref never even looked at The keeper and about 3 Lyon players were almost in line with Ibra.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Holy feck, have you guys seen Zlatan's tattoos? He looks like a fecking vato from Mara Salvatrucha :lol:

(he took off his jersey after scoring against Caen today)

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Things are going great for Lyon. Last night Marseille fecked up in the last minute, and now PSG did the same thing.

PvsNP

Marquinhos, Cabaye, Aurier and Lucas were forced off the pitch. It would be a huge blow for them before their game against Chelsea if they are all unable to play.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

Nice. Very nice. :devil:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Should be a walkover tbh. PSG are terrible this season.
I was feeling very confident even if they were full strength. We beat them last season without Matić, Costa, Fabregas, or Hazard (off injured after a few minutes).

We've improved greatly and they've regressed since we last met. It'll still be a tough tie, but I definitely think we'll advance.

kouroux

I was feeling very confident even if they were full strength. We beat them last season without Matić, Costa, Fabregas, or Hazard (off injured after a few minutes).

We've improved greatly and they've regressed since we last met. It'll still be a tough tie, but I definitely think we'll advance.
This is the way I see it too, PSG was even more confident last season. This season they're going to play against your team while already being a little scared.
Out of those 4, only Lucas and Marquinhos could be big losses if they miss the CL tie. The other two are crap.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
This is the way I see it too, PSG was even more confident last season. This season they're going to play against your team while already being a little scared.
Out of those 4, only Lucas and Marquinhos could be big losses if they miss the CL tie. The other two are crap.
Thiago Silva and Ibra haven't been too great either this season.

In any case, this is the CL, form goes out the window, especially for matches like these. It's going to be very tough for us but hopefully, we can collect the W.

bucky

Aurier might not be as good as he was last season, but he's hardly crap.

kouroux

Aurier might not be as good as he was last season, but he's hardly crap.
At Toulouse he wasn't but for PSG he has.
Not many players of their teams have played well this season. Most of their matches have been about them possessing the ball for not much creativity and danger.

Thiago Silva and Ibra haven't been too great either this season.

In any case, this is the CL, form goes out the window, especially for matches like these. It's going to be very tough for us but hopefully, we can collect the W.
Ibrahimovic has been struggling with this injury on his heel, that plus his age means he's past his best. He spends most of his time walking around the pitch. It's a sad sight at times when you know the fantastic player he can be. Thiago just recently started to look his old self, most of the season he had been a laughing stock. Making average strikers of the league look way better than they are. I think Chelsea's team is better plus you have confidence and PSG doesn't and even if league form goes out of the window, they are scared because they haven't been playing well. I don't expect Chelsea to win with a huge difference but you'll control the tie and will go through by 1 or 2 goals unlike last season.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Apparently most players aren't happy with Blanc and apparently most players are bored with Ligue 1.
Myeah, I've never seen the appeal of playing in the French league when you could have played for one of the top teams in La Liga, the PL or Bundesliga, no matter the money. Or, personally I'd like to live in Paris, but that's about it. The same goes for the Russian league, but I definitely wouldn't want to live in Russia, so that one's a no brainer.

Devil may care

Shame Lyon couldn't capitalize on PSG and Marseille dropping points, but they really lack the firepower without Lacazatte, they have good creative players but he's the finisher.