Gaa 2013

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Onto the All Ireland hurling replay.....I think Clare will do it. If they dominate their halfback & midfield areas again, it'll be a base from which to win it. I always think that the team who played better in the draw will win the replay and that was Clare. Cork were hanging onto coattails and I felt that although Clare scored to draw, they were the better team overall. Clare by 5.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Have my first college game tomorrow, freshers vs seniors. Hopefully I'll get the start and do well.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Burt (33) have closed to within one senior hurling title of Mount Sion (Waterford). Technically, they've already joined them as they also have one Derry SHC from 1930, but the pedants can go shite. Mount Sion have not won a title since 2006 and would want to get a move on if they want to stay at the top of the hurling pile, where they've been on the own since 2003.

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
A bit late... but congrats to the dubs, deserving all-Ireland Champs....... commiserations to Mayo, what can one say, must be heartbreaking. My trouble 'n'strife is from Mayo, so I have an idea how they feel.

I hope the Banner can do it on Sat. ........ too tight to call!

I'm off to CP on Sunday, to cheer on the Monaghan Ladies in the football final. I got my "paws " on "Ard-Chomhairle"tickets (in with the Hob-knobs), so looking forward to it!

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
I'm back on the Hill for Saturday, can't wait now. In the words of Ger Loughnane, "we're going to do it".

lem8sh

RTE Player only streams to people in Ireland?? Sums up the stupid fecking place. They can stream the shitty Rose of feckin Tralee half way round the world but can't stream the hurling across the feckin water.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
That was some final, a total of 8 goals and 32 points scored by both teams.

I'm delighted for Davy Fitz and Clare, fair play to them.

Commiserations to Cork, they can hold their heads up high, they're a young team like Clare and will be knocking around for a fair few years to come.

When it comes to the Hurling championship as a whole this year it has being easily the most exciting championship I can remember in my life time. Hurling is some game. I'm frothing at the mouth already at the thoughts of next years championship!

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
The greatest championship, capped by a great drawn final and an even greater replay. fecking unbelievable. The speech was shite, though....like that A House song, Endless Art, he just listed out loads of people. I was surprised he didn't hand out their business cards.

A great, great final replay and the way that Honan scored, coming straight down the field from a Cork half-chance. Unreal. Its our game and it pisses all over anything, anywhere.

I always said that whoever won between Laois & Clare in Ennis in the qualifiers, would win the All Ireland. I feel we left an AI behind us!

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Amazing game. I thought the ref wasnt great ut still the game was fantastic. The lad who got the hat trick must be in shock. Imagine you're not in the team for the first game but get brought in at the last minute and do that? Fair play to him!

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
As Fr. Tommy said in mass there this morning while trying to explain the message in the gospel ''just like Jesus did, Davy built a little team around him and anyone that watched the match yesterday would have seen it wasn't a solo effort but a team effort''

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Incredible game. Incredible year. Some atmosphere on the Hill yesterday. And some night afterwards. Was talking to Donal Og in town for a bit, some man. Coppers was insane.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Any sign of Name Changed at all or is the man even alive after all the porter he downed over the weekend?!

County semi-finals this weekend in Galway, one of them is no ordinary semi-final though as the two clubs at the heart of what was a complete implosion on the County team this year are clashing again.

Portumna 06',08' and 09' All-Ireland champions are taking on St. Thomas's the current All-Ireland champions. The last time they met a week or two before the Galway v Laois match, the match with all the stoppages due to fighting etc went on for over an hour and a half which inturn led to to all sorts of shit when players from both clubs joined up for the county set up, Canning once again got an awful going over so I think there could be a fair bit of sledging in Athenry on Sunday. Rumors going around that a ref from outside the county might be drafted in to ref it which in itself tells what a sorry state Galway hurling is in at the moment. I and so many more Galway supporters can't see the hatred between these two clubs and other clubs too being sorted out for years to come, no one seems to have an answer to the problem. Galway hurlers seem to care more about their clubs and winning All-Ireland club championships than they do with the County team.

Beagh a small enough club out the road from myself are taking on Loughrea in the other semi-final. Both matches are on in Athenry on Sunday. Full house expected.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Jayzuz, if I had money, I'd go myself.

Our own was played on Sunday, with Camross taking their 24th title. Twas very disappointing for Borris/Kilcotton who were in their first final since joining up. Borris in Ossory have 5 titles (last 1972) and Kilcotton have 10 (last 1929) so a title to that parish is well overdue. They are, however, looking for their 5th minor title in a row, so they have talent coming through now.

Our football semis are on this week with Portlaoise (29 titles) looking for 7-in-a-row. They play Arles-Kilcruise who have 1, from 2003. Arles-Killeen (0) and Graiguecullen (13, 1965) are in the other semi. Graiguecullen, have won both the Div1 title and the 'pre-season' cup already...both against Killeen. They also have 13 titles from their time in the Carlow championship (at least I think it was the same club).

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
9 hurling & 3 football county finals decided already.

October 5th
Sligo SHC final
Coolera Strandhill (0 titles, last -) v Calry/St Joseph's (6, holders), Markievicz Park, 4.00pm
Craobh Rua 28 titles, 1994

October 6th
Derry SFC final
Ballinascreen (4, 1973) v Ballinderry (12, holders), Celtic Park, 3.30pm
Bellaghy 21 titles, 2005

Fermanagh SFC final
Belcoo (0, -) v Roslea (11, 2011), Brewster Park, 3.30pm
Teemore 21 titles, 2005

Longford SFC final
Longford Slashers (15, 2011) v Dromard (4, 2007), Glennon Bros Pearse Park, 3.30pm
joint most with Fr Manning Gaels, 2001

Roscommon SFC final
St Brigid's (12, holders) v Western Gaels (0, -), Dr Hyde Park, 4.00pm
Clann na Gael 20 titles, 1996

Kildare SHC final
Celbridge (5, 2011) v Eire Og/Corrachoill (0, -), Newbridge, 4.00pm
Clane 16 titles, 1922

Limerick SHC final
Adare (5, 2009) v Na Piarsaigh (1, 2011), Gaelic Grounds, 3.30pm
Ahane 19 titles, 2004

Meath SHC final
Kilmessan (28*, 2008) v Longwood (1, 1936), Pairc Tailteann, 3.30pm

Offaly SHC final
Kilcormac/Killoughey (1, holders) v Birr (22, 2008), O'Connor Park, 3.30pm
Coolderry 29 titles, 2011

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
Was at the Ladies Football finals last Sunday, (missed 1st of 3 games), but 2 others were absolutely cracking games, with wins for Cavan & Cork. Congrats to all.

I was last at the Ladies finals in 2001, & I must say I was amazed how well their game has improved... there were several points kicked from around the 45m mark. One Monaghan girl, Caoimhe Mohan kicked 2 such points, one with her left foot, the other with her right foot.
Bernard Brogan, Maurice Fitzgerald (to name two), did similar in All-Ireland finals previously, and it had the pundits/nation drolling over them!

Finally, I was lucky to be an invited guest , & I was in with the Hob-Nobs, in the Ard-Chomairle section (in where the Cups are presented). There was a free-bar/finger food reception afterwards, which I made great use of:drool:. The place was crawling with celebs, Politicians etc. However, one thing stood out for me.... A former FF Taoiseach from our great Metropolis, (who allegedly likes a pint of red beer) was there with a friend. Everyone was mingling, but nobody bothered to mingle with the former Taoiseach.... it brought a smile to my face:D

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
So to recap here’s the 2014 Munster SFC draw:
Quarter-finals: Tipperary v Limerick; Clare v Waterford
Semi-finals: Tipperary/Limerick v Cork; Clare/Waterford v Kerry