Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Could have easily had one of those classic shit games against your ex team but showed why we bought him today. Got his head on everything and showed up Soyuncu who Leicester fans have been desperate to claim is better.
They must have been spewing when that clown smashed Rashford down and in effect lost them the game. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
By your logic, every of our players missed it then.

Can't get something when you don't try for it.

Plus I am not even sure why you would point this out just to defend the other guy who might have made mistakes in different games. Weird stuff.
It's a strange argument of claiming some sort of "agenda" (cafes fave word) against Lindelöf, but seemingly having one himself against Maguire, who I can't believe anyone can't recognise as being twice the player.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
By your logic, every of our players missed it then.

Can't get something when you don't try for it.

Plus I am not even sure why you would point this out just to defend the other guy who might have made mistakes in different games. Weird stuff.
Were every one of them in a position to win it but got caught underneath it? Because, by your logic, despite it being Maguires ball to win and him failing to do so, he didn’t miss it.

What’s weird is arguing over semantics just to try and mitigate his fault in the chance. Why are you so desperate to defend the error? Weird stuff.

Tarrou

He's been a fantastic signing thus far; marshals the defence, decent on the ball and dominant in the air - exactly what we needed

The United

Were every one of them in a position to win it but got caught underneath it? Because, by your logic, despite it being Maguires ball to win and him failing to do so, he didn’t miss it.

What’s weird is arguing over semantics just to try and mitigate his fault in the chance. Why are you so desperate to defend the error? Weird stuff.
I didn't even defend him. I just point out that you were harsh on him and full with non sense agenda as you said this things happen.

Why am I defending him? Well, because it was harsh and he is a united player. Unless he fecked up a few times in similar situations in different games to lose us points.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I didn't even defend him. I just point out that you were harsh on him as you said this things happen.

Why am I defending him? Well, because it was harsh and he is a united player. Unless he fecked up a few times in similar situations in different games to lose us points.
It’s not harsh. He should be winning the header, he did not. Lindelof should have done better, he did not. Defenders aren’t infallible though, even the very best ones. Both ours CBs played very well today.

Sylar

Well. 2 clean sheets this season. Should have been one or two more but in terms of clear cut chances created by opposition, it does seem to have dropped. I think a LB would help our defence on that front.

Want to see how him and Lindelof will be after at least half a season of playing together. You would hope it develops over that time.

Devil may care

Easily MOTM for me, read the game really well, snuffed out anything that came his way and was commanding in the air.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolutely brilliant today! Had Vardy tucked away in his back pocket. What also made it even sweeter was the Leicester fans booing him every time he touched the ball and the sheer laughter directed back at them by the Utd fans!

kiristao

And the missed header in the first half. Apparently, it only counts when Lindelof misses a header. It happens to the best of them, though. Really encouraging to see his partnership with Lindelof continue to develop.
Exactly what I thought when it happened.

-Supreme-

Maguire played well so far this season.

He has been finding his feet and wasn't willing take too much risk with his general play but I've noticed that part of his game has started to pop up more often in today's game

A-man

And the missed header in the first half. Apparently, it only counts when Lindelof misses a header. It happens to the best of them, though. Really encouraging to see his partnership with Lindelof continue to develop.
I think Harry is still on honeymoon with the fans, wait another few matches and he will also be measured by the same standards.

The situation you mention was almost a carbon copy of when Lindelof missed the header against Crystal Palace. Now Maguire missed but he is still "a beast". Don't get me wrong, I think he has been the best player in United after five games, but there were a few situations today where he totally failed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Voted him Man of the match, he was very good. There was one moment late in the game where he won tackle and then brushed aside the attacker and then retained possession.

Not sure why he didn't even attempt header for Maddison's chance but apart from that he was very good.

Betson

He cost a lot of money but it still looks like a good deal fro us , we simply had no choice but to fork out for a reliable quality central defender and on early showing it looks like that is exactly what we got.

Sterling Archer

Forgot what it's like to have a proper defender back there.

Goodness, if Axel gets going and improves on his Villa form seeing the two of them lead the backline would be a joy.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think Harry is still on honeymoon with the fans, wait another few matches and he will also be measured by the same standards.

The situation you mention was almost a carbon copy of when Lindelof missed the header against Crystal Palace. Now Maguire missed but he is still "a beast". Don't get me wrong, I think he has been the best player in United after five games, but there were a few situations today where he totally failed.
I was thinking this.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Pretty much, he also lost out to Vardy which could have cost us also. Overall though I think he has done well as has Lindelof

Classical Mechanic

The situation you mention was almost a carbon copy of when Lindelof missed the header against Crystal Palace
I was thinking this.
I don't think it was a carbon copy. Maguire followed his man who misjudged the flight of the ball himself so they both missed it.

Lindelof lost an aerial duel he was favourite for and the flick on led to a goal.

Maguire's was a mistake still because he should have followed the ball and not the man because it shouldn't be allowed to bounce there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think it was a carbon copy. Maguire followed his man who misjudged the flight of the ball himself so they both missed it.

Lindelof lost an aerial duel he was favourite for and the flick on led to a goal.

Maguire's was a mistake still because he should have followed the ball and not the man because it shouldn't be allowed to bounce there.
What Maguires man was doing was independent and lucky that he also would have misjudged the flight though. It was a simple enough ball to deal with and Maguire letting it bounce behind him out Lindelof in a very tricky spot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think Maguire was happy to let it go over him for 2 reasons.

1. He and the striker misjudged the flight of the ball and got under it, it would have been move dangerous trying to flick it backwards towards goal.

2. The height it bounced into the box you'd expect the goalkeeper to come out and claim it, but Maddison read the bounce well and DDG was rooted to his line as per.

We don't know if perhaps he got a call from behind also.

I thought he did very well considering Leicester was his home and he has a lot of good friends there, a very profesisonal performance.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think Maguire was happy to let it go over him for 2 reasons.

1. He and the striker misjudged the flight of the ball and got under it, it would have been move dangerous trying to flick it backwards towards goal.

2. The height it bounced into the box you'd expect the goalkeeper to come out and claim it, but Maddison read the bounce well and DDG was rooted to his line as per.

We don't know if perhaps he got a call from behind also.

I thought he did very well considering Leicester was his home and he has a lot of good friends there, a very profesisonal performance.
He simply made a mistake by miss-judging the flight of the ball/following the forward.
Overall it was a good performance, with one or 2 mistakes which could have proved costly

Adam-Utd

He simply made a mistake by miss-judging the flight of the ball/following the forward.
Overall it was a good performance, with one or 2 mistakes which could have proved costly
It happens, but I find it odd how the Lindelof lovers are trying to point score back against Maguire for it :lol:

The point was quickly taken away when he got out muscled by weedy Maddison.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It happens, but I find it odd how the Lindelof lovers are trying to point score back against Maguire for it :lol:

The point was quickly taken away when he got out muscled by weedy Maddison.
It has become a trend in CAF. Pick a favourite player and then shit on others. Smalling fans used to do it against Lindelof, now Lindelof fans nitpick everything on Maguire (not everyone, but few do it)

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Maguire's header was far out and he was the one attacking the ball. You have to be much more careful/cautious when you're as close to goal as Lindelof was. And he also tried to be extra clever trying to block Maddison and then proceeded to be too weak for an attacking midfielder who isn't that strong. It's pretty clear why the two are getting different treatment. Lindelof's was genuinely piss poor defending.

Having said that Lindelof recovered well from that.

Litch

I think we take a forensic view of some players and have a blind spot for others. You are right about the comparisons but because there are a few that don't rate Lindelof and a goal came from it, it became the focus. I thought Lindelof was equal to Harry on Saturday but players generally aren't rated, people will always focus on what their mistakes. That said, Harry has brought a quality to Utd and it's now who compliments him best.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's a relief that spending big will seemingly work out for a change. Shame we didn't just buy him a year prior.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Should have been our player last year, or two years before.

The amount of mistakes Smalling, Jones and Bailly did could have been prevented and netted us 15 points+.

Classical Mechanic

I think we take a forensic view of some players and have a blind spot for others. You are right about the comparisons but because there are a few that don't rate Lindelof and a goal came from it, it became the focus. I thought Lindelof was equal to Harry on Saturday but players generally aren't rated, people will always focus on what their mistakes. That said, Harry has brought a quality to Utd and it's now who compliments him best.
Mistakes are also like speeding, its only really a crime if you get caught.

We do go forensic on players now like we didn't in the past though, I'm sure if we started watching back old United games from the glory days we'd pick up on loads of mistakes.

History is written by the winners too so in the event of failure players are going to get taken apart, whereas they'd be given a pass in a successful side and mistakes overlooked.

Adam-Utd

Mistakes are also like speeding, its only really a crime if you get caught.

We do go forensic on players now like we didn't in the past though, I'm sure if we started watching back old United games from the glory days we'd pick up on loads of mistakes.

History is written by the winners too so in the event of failure players are going to get taken apart, whereas they'd be given a pass in a successful side and mistakes overlooked.
Jeez the amount of mistakes Schmeichel made, some were criminal! it would be funny to see the reaction in this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.