Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
How dare he go out for a meal with his dad on his birthday, some people need to calm down. Yes, his performances have been utter crap but so has everyone else. Everyone gets a clean slate under the new permanent manager, hopefully the armband is taken away from him and he can get back to concentrating on being a competent defender. There’s a player in there somewhere.

Offsideagain

The bloke showed no emotion during the presser today. Just the same old bollocks about taking responsibility and doing feck all. Our local Chelsea fan said they will appeal Maguire’s red card so that he plays which is amusing.

Jackal981

Apparently his father's Birthday and a family gathering.
Not really the way some are portraying it.
Whatever anyone thinks of him as a player and his performance against Watford.
evidence this is a family gathering was supposedly supported by his sister posting images of the same family gathering,
if that is all true, nothing wrong here, I guess he could have looked miserable, that would have helped.
I mean I would celebrate the night too if I know Ole got the sack in the morning.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He cant play a full 90 minutes without a major error that leads to a goal. Thats his level right now. He was never a 80 million player but this season must be the worst decline I’ve seen in so my short time.

lex talionis

Ole rushed Maguire back when he was clearly not fit and his turd form snowballed into a steaming pile of shit. The man needs a break from football for a few weeks to sort out his mind and body.

Harry will no doubt start today but given his dire form it should be Lindelof and Bailly.

Villarreal 0:2 Man Utd

MattofManchester

Becoming something of a weak link. Played one good ball forward, but other than that, I don't see the "great ball player" that he is.
Plus, on two occasions, Telles was marked, and Maguire still chose to pass to him.

He tends to have a habit of throwing his teammates into trouble.

He's not adding anything to the team at the moment.
Given how calamitous he has been, it should be Bailly starting over him, due to his athleticism.

Nonetheless, we'll never drop him, even if he kicks it in his own net repeatedly.

YouknowNani

Becoming something of a weak link. Played one good ball forward, but other than that, I don't see the "great ball player" that he is.
Plus, on two occasions, Telles was marked, and Maguire still chose to pass to him.

He tends to have a habit of throwing his teammates into trouble.

He's not adding anything to the team at the moment.
Given how calamitous he has been, it should be Bailly starting over him, due to his athleticism.

Nonetheless, we'll never drop him, even if he kicks it in his own net repeatedly.
Amazing how he still gets a game isn't it. The rest of the team are carrying him. Fortunately for us he's not available for the Chelsea game.

It'll be very interesting to see if a new manager keeps him in the team. Based on ability and from there's no way any manager should be picking him, but he has some mysterious influence over the coaching staff and the dressing room that is never apparent in his personality when it comes to his interviews or what we see on the pitch.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he did ok personally, he’s in a poor run of form but looked more solid last night. I still believe he’s an important player for us and is a key part of the team.

simmee

He looks incredibly low on confidence. Needs to get help on how to ignore media criticism. On throw ins in our own half he moved so close to Telles that it would be impossible to throw it to him and he seemed to overthink every time he had the ball. He's a lot better than he has showed this season, but if he's going to hide from the ball it's better to play someone else until he gets his mojo back.

RPT_Reddevil

Confidence looks shot at the moment. Finding it difficult to do the simple things right at the moment. Being the captain needs to sort his head soon.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He was fine last night. We defended well.

Hopefully he can have a decent run now and get some confidence back. We saw last season how good he can be when he's confident and in form.

YouknowNani

Mark my words. He will have his best game ever against Chelsea.
I like this one :)

It's a blessing he's not available for this game but unfortunately we'll still probably get spanked. Maybe 3-0 instead of 6-0 if Maguire was playing.

norm87cro

I have defended him long enough but when your team is on the brink of another come back while 1 2 down and you make such an error (as our supposed) captain it begs the question if he is the right CB for this club. Despite this when your partner is Lindelof I just don't have the stomach to judge him or Varane objectively. A 3 month Varane Maguire partnership would make things clearer

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Imagine the scenes if Pogba went out for dinner after receiving a red card and losing 4-1 to Watford though...
It would have been nice if he went out to celebrate his mums birthday or something only to see Graeme Souness turn himself inside out in fury

YouknowNani

I have defended him long enough but when your team is on the brink of another come back while 1 2 down and you make such an error (as our supposed) captain it begs the question if he is the right CB for this club. Despite this when your partner is Lindelof I just don't have the stomach to judge him or Varane objectively. A 3 month Varane Maguire partnership would make things clearer
This is a ridiculous statement (bolded). You don't have the stomach to judge Maguire objectively when his partner is Lindelof, yet from this statement we can make the obvious assumption you judge Lindelof and class him as poor, disregarding the fact he's playing next to Maguire who's awful. Slightly contradictory.

Lindelof isn't the problem, he's carrying Maguire, and despite Maguire being literally the worst CB in the premier league this season, Lindelof hasn't made anywhere near the errors the rest of the defence has and hasn't stood out as being particularly poor compared to the others.

We shouldn't even be contemplating a 3 month Varane Maguire partnership at this point. Maguire has never been good enough, he's had about half a season where he's been decent for us, the rest of the time he's been poor. First season it was excused as he's settling in, second season Greece was the excuse for months until he picked up form, and this season, what's the excuse now? He's just not a very good player and he's an awful captain. We'll be a far better team when he's permanently dropped.

KennyBurner

We are in trouble tactically with him. Anytime Villarreal played a pass behind our midfielders both him and lindelof always backed off. That is an issue because we need more aggression from one of them but he is the one that cost 80m and is captain.

His lack of pace and mobility is also a reason we can never play a high line.

KennyBurner

This is a ridiculous statement (bolded). You don't have the stomach to judge Maguire objectively when his partner is Lindelof, yet from this statement we can make the obvious assumption you judge Lindelof and class him as poor, disregarding the fact he's playing next to Maguire who's awful. Slightly contradictory.

Lindelof isn't the problem, he's carrying Maguire, and despite Maguire being literally the worst CB in the premier league this season, Lindelof hasn't made anywhere near the errors the rest of the defence has and hasn't stood out as being particularly poor compared to the others.

We shouldn't even be contemplating a 3 month Varane Maguire partnership at this point. Maguire has never been good enough, he's had about half a season where he's been decent for us, the rest of the time he's been poor. First season it was excused as he's settling in, second season Greece was the excuse for months until he picked up form, and this season, what's the excuse now? He's just not a very good player and he's an awful captain. We'll be a far better team when he's permanently dropped.
Great post and shows the hypocrisy of posters on this forum. I’m not a huge lindelof enthusiast because of his lack of aerial ability and strength but He has been good this season. He has been let down by his manager, midfield and defensive partners.
We need to stop lumping him in with Maguire similar to how we lump Fred in with Mctominay.

OTRightWinger07

much better last night from our captain, he had the same bad time last season and then he recovered and finish the season really well and even got nominated for the best EUROS XI

norm87cro

Maybe so. That leaves us with Lindelof and Varane as a potential partnership. I guess I wouldn't mind a few more dropped points once Lindelof has nowhere left to hide but I still think Maguire is one of our two best CBs and at this point that isnt saying much. Maybe a 3 5 2 with Varane? I don't see a scenario with Bailly and Varane so if we don't sign a CB in january we will see more of Maguire

TSE123

Maybe so. That leaves us with Lindelof and Varane as a potential partnership. I guess I wouldn't mind a few more dropped points once Lindelof has nowhere left to hide but I still think Maguire is one of our two best CBs and at this point that isnt saying much. Maybe a 3 5 2 with Varane? I don't see a scenario with Bailly and Varane so if we don't sign a CB in january we will see more of Maguire
Have you actually been watching any of the games this season?
Maguire has been, without a doubt or need to exaggerate, the worst defender in the league. Whilst Lindelof has actually been one of uniteds most stable players.
Football is SO much more than physical strenght and aerial ability (which is all Maguire has ever been good at - although not this season)!

YouknowNani

Great post and shows the hypocrisy of posters on this forum. I’m not a huge lindelof enthusiast because of his lack of aerial ability and strength but He has been good this season. He has been let down by his manager, midfield and defensive partners.
We need to stop lumping him in with Maguire similar to how we lump Fred in with Mctominay.
Thank you. And I completely agree on the need to stop lumping together Lindelof and Maguire and likewise Fred and McTomminay. Lindelof and Fred are decent players, Maguire and Mctomminay are not.

JeffFromHK

using s**t is too strong but he really is not better than like of Wes Brown and O'shea we had back in the days.
Just a classic 2nd tier defender who has some purple patches here and there.

YouknowNani

Are these genuinely supposed to be his highlights? There's mistakes all over the place, he makes the basics look a challenge. This is supposed to be a positive video showing how good he is and still he looks crap.

captaincantona

He's the biggest fraud in the premier league. How he ever got to this level in football is baffling.
The turning on Maguire is frightening...let’s get this straight...I hate the guys face and his voice...he annoys me no end and his fake captaincy bullshit and apologising is really getting to me...

but form is temporary...he is easily one of the best centre half’s in the PL for the last 5 years and has been solid for us more often than not. I don’t think he should be the captain...I don’t think he is an automatic starter in other teams...but for us, he is one of the two best centre halves we have and needs to play when fit.

I’ll put my neck on the line, he will get fit again and he will be solid for us again and this thread - especially posts like this will be Embarrassing...If you can’t see he is a few yards off the pace then you must not be watching him play at all.That’s on Ole for not trusting Bailey or loaning Axel...he did the same bringing in an unfit McT earlier this season instead of trusting VDB and he did the same running a fuking crocked Rashford into the ground last season. All of those players have a place in our squad and shouldn’t be written off.

I mean it...I’ll see you all back here at the end of the season...and that’s coming from an Irishman who genuiney can’t stand Maguire’s little pencil tashed mouth open gawking at linesman face!

Status
Not open for further replies.