Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
@GifLord . I know that you are sick to death with all these requests but can you post Newcastle's goal? Maguire's defending by trying to push Maxim with two hands was hilarious

Teffe

But... but... "his heading will provide us with atleast 4-5 goals on set pieces every season" :lol:

Alejandro Angel

I see Harry is once again being fully scapegoated. You guys are worse than Leaf fans (sorry, I'm Canadian). You don't improve a team by getting rid of your best players. Maguire is head and shoulders better than both Lindelof and Bailly. If you want to make the team better then you get rid of the worst players and then bring in a player who is better than Maguire that will keep him on the bench.
How is he being scapegoated, he has been piss poor for the entire season. He is the captain and most of the goals against us have been a result of his mistakes, last night he was shockingly bad again I have not seen Lindelof play that badly ever. Maguire is held rightly so to a higher standard as the captain yet his weak mentality has undermined the team. He has played well only for half a season since he joined the club the rest of the time he has been playing like the player he is, I would rather Jones play now or Lindelof or Bailey or Mengi anyone really he is only playing because he cost 80 million. Leicester must be delighted, they got rid and now they have much better players.

Reactions: Sultan

MattofManchester

"You can't make any excuses", he says.

Goes on to make as many excuses as he can think of.

"Maybe we ran out of steam".
You never fecking had any steam, you twit.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@GifLord . I know that you are sick to death with all these requests but can you post Newcastle's goal? Maguire's defending by trying to push Maxim with two hands was hilarious
It was even more hilarious/dreadful to observe him during Newcastle's double chance (the one where they've hit the post before De Gea saved the second shot), he literally looked like Travolta from the Pulp Fiction gif, not knowing where to move and simply slowly turning around watching 2 consecutive attacks unfold one after another.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Came into this thread to admit how wrong I was.

For a long time I went against the conventional wisdom and said Maguire is on the same level as Bailly and Lindelof.

I was wrong. He's comfortably worse.

Remember when the narrative was we needed to find the right CB partner for Maguire? :lol:

One of those players I hope we get flog to Newcastle.

Peshi

Something that nobody thinks about is him on the ball. I just can't stand him when he has ball possession. Just look how long it takes for him to pass a ball, he thinks he is the best passer in the game and is looking for hard passes to make. Also he brings down the tempo like hell. Just look at Varane when he is on the ball he tries to keep up the tempo and always have the ball rolling and moving while Maguire thinks he is Paul Scholes. Just look at some passes he made I swear to god this guy is Championship.

Could someone please make "Maguire vs Newcastle all touches".

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He makes whole team nervous, his passing is so pointless most of the times and he takes ages ro release the ball. His defending has been very poor this season. The fact that he is ManUtd captain sums up how poor we are and he actually leads from the front, just that he leads the team to shit themselves on and off the ball.

Ixion

Should have used the change of manager to swap the captaincy. Let him concentrate on himself and his own game for a while.

SER19

Post match comments are typical of a guy happy to be here and collect the pay and the status. Nothing more nothing less. A wilting lettuce of a captain and i shiver saying his name in the breath of Keane, Robson, cantona, vidic

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Unfortunately, he's had a nightmare season so far. Way off. One of our biggest issues at the moment. His place must be under threat.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

What worries me is that Rangnick does not seem to see the need to ever bench him. Let's see what happens when Varane, Lindelöf and Bailly all are fit.

Jacob

Captain fantastic. Imagine looking to him for inspiration when you see error after error.

D. Mungai

He is the realest emboidment of the current worse state in the club. He is Woodward-esque in terms of everything wrong about United.

Woodward
Ole
Maguire

What a setup. incredible. Thank God 2 of those will not be there any longer, Maguire should follow.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Embarrassing player, needs to be booted out this summer.

simplyared

After last nights game (Newcastle) I've come to the conclusion that Harry Maguire should not have a guaranteed place in our defense nor should he be our captain. Took me a while to come to that conclusion but truth is he's becoming a liability.

BootsyCollins

There was a moment when he had 10 yards over opposition player but he barely made it to the ball. He is the slowest defender i have ever seen. If we want to play front foot pressing style with high back line, Maguire has no place in the starting eleven. For teams who sit back and defend in numbers, he is very good at that. Its why he was good initially but now have been found wanting.

Plus calling him ball playing CB is embarrassing to other defenders who can find their teammates with long and short pass.
I agree with this whole post. It describes my view on Harry.

Jackal981

How is he being scapegoated, he has been piss poor for the entire season. He is the captain and most of the goals against us have been a result of his mistakes, last night he was shockingly bad again I have not seen Lindelof play that badly ever. Maguire is held rightly so to a higher standard as the captain yet his weak mentality has undermined the team. He has played well only for half a season since he joined the club the rest of the time he has been playing like the player he is, I would rather Jones play now or Lindelof or Bailey or Mengi anyone really he is only playing because he cost 80 million. Leicester must be delighted, they got rid and now they have much better players.
Might as well kept Jonny Evans he is far better than this lumbering oaf.

Oranges038

Is he supposed to defend by himself when varane was equally crap today?

Sure Varane has been great in previous years - but that doesn't change that one defender can hold back an attack.

Dalot was shit at defending. Varane was making mistakes.

And then everyone is pointing their finger at Maguire for not doing the job!
Don't forget Telles disappeared for the last ten minutes and it gifted Newcastle 2 goal chances.

Dalot is a rubbish defender, he's only in there because AWB is also rubbish at defending but is worse on the ball.

Varane looks like he's trying to run, but he's afraid of pulling something so he's holding himself back. He might have the excuse of being rusty from being injured for the last while.

But, they were all shite last night. The problem is that Maguire has just continued to be shite and it's just more obvious when he his. This has become the norm with him, simple errors over and over again, because he isn't doing the basics of defending off the ball right and on the ball he's just so bad, it's not even funny anymore.

Lyng

As long as he is our captain and main cb we will not get any better. He needs to get sold asap.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yeah, no. Lindelof and Bailly get plenty of stick on here. Having to point to other players to defend Maguires performance shows how poor he’s been. Judge him on his own without comparing him to lads that didn’t make the squad.
I do judge him on his own. He hasn't been great since coming back from injury too soon. He's starting to get back to normal, but still not at his best. That doesn't change the fact that he's still better than Bailly and Lindelof and if you are going to improve a team you start by getting rid of your worst players first, not your best

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Wow...that may have been word for word Mark Goldbridge. Have any thoughts of your own?

Stadjer

Wow...that may have been word for word Mark Goldbridge. Have any thoughts of your own?
Are you Harry his sister? Everything that is posted on this website which isnt overly possitive about your beloved Harry Maguire is directly answered with a ''you are repeating Goldbridge - come up with your own thing''. Youve said it to me, ive seen you say it to others many times and here you do it again. Maybe there is a reason you are the only one with a truly unique opinion concerning Harry Maguire. You might very well be the only one in the world who thinks Harry Maguire is the cream of crop centre back. Open your eyes, watch a game... Maguire has been horrible this season. Ofcourse people will point that out, Goldbridge does it (i guess, since i dont watch him but you keep repeating it), people at this site do it and im sure match going fans will also say he hasnt been good this season. Deal with it without calling everyone a Goldbridge repeater without an own opinion, it isnt that hard to watch him play and form the opinion that he hasnt exactly been good.

Yes, he isnt playing in ideal circumstances this season but even at his very best Harry Maguire has some obvious flaws and is not a world class defender.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I do judge him on his own. He hasn't been great since coming back from injury too soon. He's starting to get back to normal, but still not at his best. That doesn't change the fact that he's still better than Bailly and Lindelof and if you are going to improve a team you start by getting rid of your worst players first, not your best
That’s fair, for me I’d prefer Lindelof, especially this season I think he’s been good. I agree about Bailly, he has physical attributes but I don’t rate him. I don’t think any of our options are as good as say Dias or VVD I think that’s the main problem with debates like this.

el3mel

Can't wait for the day we realize our mistake, swallow our pride and sell him for a big loss to move forward with better CBs. He will never be good enough, period.

RedDevil250

Can't wait for the day we realize our mistake, swallow our pride and sell him for a big loss to move forward with better CBs. He will never be good enough, period.
Which PL team would even want him? Maybe a team like Burnley, but Mee is 10x better. Maguire is awful and I tried defending him last year but am done with him now. Get rid of him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is very slow to turn and respond. Think Bailly would have made a last ditch attempt to block that shot from ASM.

the chameleon

No one is getting their opinion from Goldbridge. If you watch properly, he is average. He doesn't deserve a starting 11 place (let alone captaincy). Should be sold off to a club that would be suited to his level. If they would take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.