Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

Can't think of a player that represents the state of the club more right now than Maguire, shocking

Woodenlung

Thought he was fine today. Generally defended well in one on one situations.

I saw a lot of posts in the match day thread heaping blame on Maguire for Citys opening goals, but really he had no part to play in either of them. I'm sure the agenda peddlers and those wanting to argue in bad faith will be here shortly to blame him regardless.

He had a far better game than Lindelof, AWB and Telles who were really at fault for two of Citys goals for instance. But nobody really seems to care.

Gandalf

I saw a lot of posts in the match day thread heaping blame on Maguire for Citys opening goals, but really he had no part to play in either of them. I'm sure the agenda peddlers and those wanting to argue in bad faith will be here shortly to blame him regardless.

He had a far better game than Lindelof, AWB and Telles who were really at fault for two of Citys goals for instance. But nobody really seems to care.
So when he decided to let the ball run through him on the second goal instead of clearing it that was playing no part? Were you even watching.

L1nk

How well do we play in defense when Maguire isn't around though? Maybe he plays better individually but his mere precense just completely unsettles our backline and leaves us a mess, we have no organisation and everybody panics when he's around

United in sin

Did you not see him spread his legs wide to let City in for both goals? He's easy

Abhinav

It was sort of funny watching him run after Foden and then he pushed him because Foden actually made him look like a fool. He really is a tank and not in a good way. Waste of 80 million on current form.

NK86

That's you going to 2 players thread who have had poor matches calling all potential criticism as pushing agenda. Are you their agent? :lol:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

He literally let the ball through his legs rather than put it out for a corner.

led_scholes

There was a moment when it was 3-1, when the City player was about to pass in the middle, Maguire looked who was behind him, saw a City player on his right, and instead went on his left and almost out of the pitch.

He is a just a midtable footballer with an ego and behavior as he is Baresi.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Said it before and said it again;

Take the L on him. Admit defeat. Accept the banter and the criticisms but persisting with this decision and defending it by playing him as our fecking captain makes us look even more deluded and clueless. He is footballing asbestos.

Maguire is the epitome of the gamblers fallacy; because we invested a lot we cannot walk away and continue to pay more and more in via his contract and the constant loss points on the pitch.

Take the L, lose £50m on him and move on. It's about being brave and strong here.

Weakness is keeping him and persisting with him in defence.

united for life

The pundits on Bein sports - Arabic are actually talking about him as a joke. They are having a good laugh. Their conclusion is that he is useless. I can’t disagree

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He does things I never saw defender capable of doing before. Not in a good way.

How the feck can you let the ball go between your legs for that 2nd goal right back in the danger area?

mu4c_20le

Feels like he dropped a level this season. He was never world class, we all know that, but he used to be pretty solid at least.

Kaos

It feels like we start every game a goal down with him in the starting lineup. It's almost a given he'll be involved in some feck up that gifts the opposition a cheap goal.

Absolute fraud of a defender, an even bigger fraud of a captain. I pray that Poch/Ten Hag/Whoever comes next sits his ass on the bench, or better yet flogs him off to Newcastle or some other club stupid enough to pay anything remotely substantial for him.

dirkey

Joke of a player. Even worse captain. Zero fight from anyone after going two down. Unacceptable. Where's the leadership?

Get rid.

3KDré

No clue why he is still playing for us...start Jones or Bailly ahead of him I hate seeing his name on the team sheet. Lumbering oaf. People hated Fellaini for example but even he was better than this fool.

Sylar

Said it before and said it again;

Take the L on him. Admit defeat. Accept the banter and the criticisms but persisting with this decision and defending it by playing him as our fecking captain makes us look even more deluded and clueless. He is footballing asbestos.

Maguire is the epitome of the gamblers fallacy; because we invested a lot we cannot walk away and continue to pay more and more in via his contract and the constant loss points on the pitch.

Take the L, lose £50m on him and move on. It's about being brave and strong here.

Weakness is keeping him and persisting with him in defence.
Should cut our losses with him. He's not good enough

Woodenlung

That's you going to 2 players thread who have had poor matches calling all potential criticism as pushing agenda. Are you their agent? :lol:
When a player is blamed for two goals when he clearly wasn't at fault and when the other is blamed despite barely getting a touch in twenty minutes, then yes, there is an issue with agendas being peddled.

MichaelRed

Give us a shot on your time machine bud.

sirAlexsglasses

Leicester must have been laughing all the way to the bank……80 million, 80……..million. And the board sanctioned this, yet tuned down Mourinho when he requested Perisic

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
When a player is blamed for two goals when he clearly wasn't at fault and when the other is blamed despite barely getting a touch in twenty minutes, then yes, there is an issue with agendas being peddled.
Have no agenda against Maguire. Now, look at the 2nd goal and say it's not baffling to let that ball from De Gea come back in a danger area through his legs? Ffs, hit it in the corner first time.

Admittedly, it's a shitshow from many players, but shouldn't a natural reaction from our captain be to clear the danger?

Castia

Absolutely shocking player. He’s nowhere near good enough. He’s the club captain (….) and cost 80m so we’re stuck with this fecking donkey.

What a complete mess

Ole'sgunnarwin

Get your head out of the clouds. Honestly!

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Crap as usual, but today he didn't stand out as much given damn near everyone put in a turd of a performance.

Irwin99

Probably the least crap of our defenders today, although Lindelof did play some nice passes at least.

Alejandro Angel

He was involved with the first three goals, he was really poor for the first, De Gea expects the ball to come round not through the legs. He was really poor positionally and not ready he was standing flat footed for the first. The second goes past him again clear it for a corner don't let it go back into the danger area. He could have cleared it
The third goal I don't blame him for, he tried to block but deflected it in.
He is poor, as a leader and just has no confidence his movement to receive a pass are also not good enough help your team move, but he is too lazy and busy pointing to where to play the ball, which is generally the only option as he is stood still being marked.

Bobski

He just can't run or defend in space. Whatever other qualities he has the defense will always have to be built around mitigating those issues. It was obvious problem before we signed him that should have vetoed the signing. Unless we are going towards a counter attacking deep block there is no future for him.

Lindelof as well, looks like a player, accomplishes very little, when I think of all the shit Smalling and Jones got, when they were probably better than these 2, it frustrates.

Oranges038

He wasn't the worst, but he was still shite.

That moment where he went to run or move and ended up doing the splits was comical.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Worst defender we have had as a regular. Him being captain embodies why we won’t win anything anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.