Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyng

Nothing wrong with this. Let's pile on anyway.
Yeah don't really see what's wrong about that. It's the type of defending and environment he thrives in and is very good in.
Anyone getting mad about that statement is a tool.

Man Utd 4:2 Aston Villa

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Lost the ball multiple times, made stupid tackles and missed a free header.

I was not really against him until he's failed to even adapt to a manager like ETH, he's not a player that should stay at the club IMO.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Very lucky to not get a second yellow card and be sent off.... would have capped off another not great evening.

At fault for both goals. Crap positioning and he had no idea where the danger was on either goal. He's got to be fourth choice now.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
:lol: Did we buy a person that looked like Maguire for 80 million! Mistake after mistake after mistake today.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Poor today, honestly don't get what's happened to him, he was a good defender.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Need someone to buy him. I don't care we'll lose money. Get him off the books and use that money towards getting another defender.
It's not gonna happen for him with us.

KjaAnd

Another poor game. He looks completely clueless both on and off the ball. I don’t know how much has to do with confidence but he will never be close to the level of a United defender.

RaulitoElCrack

You can see why we have been turd over the last few years, maguire...lindelof...fred...mctominay, add wan bissaka to that and you have definition of mid table.

sect2k

Maguire is a type of player you bring on for the last 5 minutes of the game, when protecting a 1:0 lead and opposition is bombarding your box with crosses, nothing more.

The Dane

Shocking performance. The fact that he should have been sent of for two bookings against a toothless Villa team says it all.
How on earth did he get selected for the WC.

Marwood

He's better than Lindelof and a good defender but his confidence is compleyely shot.

Was such an assured defender at one stage. Like a nervous kitten now.

Chief123

He was Villa’s biggest threat today!

He’s had a break from the game, he’s been taken out of the limelight, he’s had a chance to come back from fresh and guess what, he’s still absolutely shit.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I can’t believe how slow and cumbersome he looks, he seems far more sluggish than he was last season but perhaps it’s because we have other defenders now. I’m trying to think back to his Leicester days, I’m sure he used to be a good player.

edgecutter

He's better than Lindelof and a good defender but his confidence is compleyely shot.

Was such an assured defender at one stage. Like a nervous kitten now.
He's been found out. Lacks pace, and even if he had some better defensive brain once you lack pace your fecked.

Also, being better than lindelof (I don't think he is) that is no achievement, both should be moved on.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
In next two years Ten Hag will require more and more from him as United's football will be pushed for further progress. I just don't know how he will cope...

Valencia Shin Crosses

So tired of hearing about his fecking confidence. He's not good. It's not like he was this brave hard charging defender even at his "best", he was always this passive. He's just being punished more for it now than previously, and looks like a clown after we've watched Varane and Martinez boss it at the back under the same setup

fecking terrible excuse for a CB and laughable that he's getting an England call-up.

Marwood

He's been found out. Lacks pace, and even if he had some better defensive brain once you lack pace your fecked.

Also, being better than lindelof (I don't think he is) that is no achievement, both should be moved on.
True he does lack pace but so do plenty of other CB's.

His issues tonight (I didn't think he was that bad or at fault for the goals) were purely confidence. Rash moments that didn't exist in his game two years ago.

Based Adnan

Awful for a side looking to play even a resemblance of modern football. Needs booting out.

Ludens the Red

It’s an absolute total injustice that this guy is going to the World Cup. He doesn’t deserve to under any circumstance.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he's awful.

What was he doing on the first goal? he ran the opposite direction to Watkins. He had no idea where he was :lol:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Trent level defending for that first goal.

I'm not convinced by him on the right hand side either, him and Lindelof seem to struggle with the switch.

Roboc7

Was really poor, writing is on wall for him now. Hopefully good World Cup so we can’t get rid easier.

delerium

Horrible game for Maguire. Wonder if he's going to be in the starting lineup for England. Doesn't bode very good for Southgate if he plans to do so.

His confidence seems to be shot, or ability, or both, but he's not looking like the player we once signed.

largelyworried

He's not cut out to play in a team with a high line. The way Dalot speeds past to try and recover despite starting two yards behind him shows you all you need to know. He's a penalty box defender. West Ham would be ideal for him. Not United.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Needs to go in the winter window

Status
Not open for further replies.