Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He needed that, was a good game for him to come in for to start a run of games. Started off nervous but got better and then looked solid after the initial first 15-20

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He was clearly targeted though -- Leicester background, folded a couple of times when the boos got to him before.
Maybe so. Just saying that it's part of being a professional footballer. Bruno, Antony etc. get booed for 90 minutes in every away match.

spiriticon

Terrible first half, good second half.

Don't want to bash him too much, we need him at his best.

King Eric 7

The matchday thread was very toxic after his shaky start but thankfully he kicked on, performed well and got a clean sheet. Not a pen for me either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Unsteady start, and getting dogs abuse from the crowd, but came through decently.
Just as well, as he'll need to be strong for the rest of this season.

Bobski

A large segment of our support is completely consumed by hatred for the guy, very similar to the Pogba situation

Ever since we've fallen off a singular hate figure has been required to focus in the anger
I am not even a fan, and would be happy to see him moved on, but I hate the scapegoating of individuals that is so part of modern fandom, always need a meme candidate.

dove

I really expected him to get sent off after his booking on the 3rd minute but he surprised me. Good game from him, although admittedly Forest are fecking shite.

BorisManUtd

I was shitting myself after he got a yellow card so early + when he almost gave the ball away few minutes later but solid performance from Maguire after that. Well done Harry, another clean sheet.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was convinced he would get sent off. Looked so off it at the start but in the end played well

RedOrange

If he cant have a decent game against a side that is distant to be relegated he may as well hang up his boots. Hopefully he keeps consistent, but he gives me a barrel of nerves and I can only imagine the team don't feel.overly confident with him at the back.
The good news is he'll likely get less nervy the more decent performances he puts in.

DickDastardly

Good game.

Not his fault though.

Forest are relegation fodder, have about 20 minutes of football per game in them.

And in that 20 minutes, he managed to get a booking, almost scored an own goal and almost conceded a penalty.

Face a team that manages to put pressure on us for longer then 20 minutes, he's in trouble.

Still, managed to get a good last hour, got into the game.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Nervy as hell those first 15 mins. But fair play he revcovered and did well. We need him pretty badly at the moment

Dansk

Improved over the course of the game, but he's so slow that it's genuinely unbelievable. A professional athlete who has spent most of his life running for a living, how is it even possible to be this slow? Like it doesn't make sense physiologically. I haven't played sports at all since my teenage years and I can run faster than him in loafers.

Alemar

Another own goal attempt today, this time he has hit the post, though.

That said, after shaky first 15 minutes he started to play decently and didn’t make more mistakes going forward.

ClassAct147

Awful start. Looked like a cert for a red card. Slightly better in second half but still nowhere near good enough. Surely with the size of him he should be commanding in the air in both boxes but went missing as usual. Somewhere in there is a half decent player but I doubt even Guardiola could find it.
Needs to improve quickly with important matches rolling in.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
A large segment of our support is completely consumed by hatred for the guy, very similar to the Pogba situation

Ever since we've fallen off a singular hate figure has been required to focus in the anger
Completely. Some of these posts you can tell they are annoyed he didn't mess up.

Roboc7

I think he made what should have been a walk in a park look like hard work. Fair play to him for recovering after a shocker of a start though.

InfiniteBoredom

Braced myself for the worst after he got carded in the first minutes, but he ended up having a decent game.

His decent game, mind, still involved a moment where he ball watched for a cross that went uncleared across the box, and a handball incident that another ref might well have given a pen against us. Guy is a danger magnet.

ti vu

Nervy start but got comfortable as the game went. Just weird how he seems like a magnet for those potential own goal, hand ball. Even when he's doing decently, never feel assured until final whistle.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Nervy start but got comfortable as the game went. Just weird how he seems like a magnet for those potential own goal, hand ball. Even when he's doing decently, never feel assured until final whistle.
Shocking how people for years said he wasn't error prone. Just because the errors don't always end up being punished doesn't mean a player isn't error prone.

Thank god our midfield schooled Forrest though and took much of the pressure off of him after that start. It could have gotten ugly at the beginning if we were forced into some end to end contest.

Oscar Bonavena

Improved over the course of the game, but he's so slow that it's genuinely unbelievable. A professional athlete who has spent most of his life running for a living, how is it even possible to be this slow? Like it doesn't make sense physiologically. I haven't played sports at all since my teenage years and I can run faster than him in loafers.
It's not just how slow he is running in a straight line from A to B. Lots of brilliant defenders haven't had blistering pace in a foot race, but were still able to react quickly to the play around them.

As well as obviously slow at running, Maguire's reactions are also hypnotically slow. Any kind of clever sideways movement or shimmy by an attacking player, and Maguire is out of the game and often ends up having to f**king rugby tackle someone!

Did ok today after a shaky start, but Forest are one of the worst teams in the league. If he gets booked after 2 minutes v Brighton, he ain't seeing out the end of that game with the likes of Mitoma running at him all day!

always_hoping

Feared he'd get sent off after that early yellow, thankfully he composed himself. Every away crowd are jeering at him from the 1st minute, can't be easy to play in...

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He was easily the worst player on the pitch. His confidence and whatever he was good at are shot. Bloody awful.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So that’s now the 3rd or 4th time in recent games that he as a defender played the whole game after an early yellow, but Bruno and Antony as attackers weren’t trusted to finish the game against Sevilla. Sevilla are an annoying team but still a bit weird.

Kag

Can’t recall a player needing a fresh start as much as Maguire in my life. Bereft of any sort of confidence. That first fifteen minutes is not what he is about.

He clawed it back a little, in fairness.

cpresc

I hate Maguire and his start today had the whole team flapping with him.

The hair flicks and nose picks sum him up well

However, credit where it's due - I think he actually got stuck in well today, showed a lot of bravery and courage and had a good game.

Still 100% want him gone in the summer though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Last 9 games Harry has started we are now 9-0-0 with only 3 goals against and 6 clean sheets
A lot of those were against cannon fodder, including Charlton and Reading.

Maguire grew into it today. However, he was very shaky to start with.

On another day he gives away a penalty early on and we are fire fighting for the umpteenth time.

We have not learned anything about Maguire from today. He's never going to be first choice if Licha and Varane are fit and £190k a week is a lot to pay for a squad player.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
A lot of those were against cannon fodder, including Charlton and Reading.

Maguire grew into it today. However, he was very shaky to start with.

On another day he gives away a penalty early on and we are fire fighting for the umpteenth time.

We have not learned anything about Maguire from today. He's never going to be first choice if Licha and Varane are fit and £190k a week is a lot to pay for a squad player.
I never said he should be first choice. Just pointing out the facts that while most people here have blatant agendas against Maguire, we have been doing well with him in the games he's played since the world cup.

Abraxas

I didn't think that was a performance to reassure me going into the games ahead. The first half was a disasterclass in truth. Yes he improved but mainly because the initial baseline was so poor it was hard not to, and Forest achieved very little in the way of sustained pressure in the second. So that's a bit of an asterisk attached, but yes, ultimately he did improve and I guess we have to cling to that.

I thought the managers comments on him playing on the right were interesting. Sounded like complete common sense when he put it like that..to the extent that you wonder why the heck we didn't think of this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.