Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

He doesn’t do himself any favours does he. That first 20 minutes was an absolute piss take, no wonder people laugh at him it was comically bad.

He’s crap and will cost us before the end of the season

Dominos

Oh didn't realise that. Who the f*ck is gonna be our CB pairing for that assuming Varane won't be back?!
Shaw will likely be back.

If not, it will have to be Casemiro or Mctominay you'd think alongside Lindelof. Really not ideal. Even Mctominay is injured at the moment. And given everyone is dropping like flies at the minute we might pick up more injuries over the next week.

darko

That's great. How about when he gets subbed on at half time? Not knocking his recent performances but you've picked a stat that conveniently leaves out what you don't want to highlight.
Well then enlighten us. I don't see the Harry trashers bringing any facts to their position. Tell us how many times he was subbed off in those nine matches.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He’s so good that’s why we’re looking to ship him out in the summer. But Sadler from redcafe things everyone is wrong on this guy.

I’m sure Varane and Martinez would have just as impressive record if they didn’t have to play against the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle and Arsenal.

There’s a very good reason Maguire is no longer a first choice defender.
You're grasping at straws now. It's almost as if you're mad that we are winning and keeping clean sheets with Maguire starting. Is you're agenda really that strong that you putting it above the team that you supposedly support?

wangyu

Bad start to the game but he composed himself and pulled through, football is not an easy game when you carry the weight of the world.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He was out of form and mentally not there with all that considers its not surprising he shows some wobbly moments but recently he’s been playing very well.

Of course plenty are denying because of his reputation but for a man that’s had a lot of burden he’s playing well and long may it continue

Witchking

Played very well after the initial hiccups. I just hope he has the strong mentality to navigate the coming games as there are some United fans who are baying for his blood even though he is trying his best.

He hasn't played much this season and a player like him needs games.

I have a been a very big critic but the booing and criticism he is currently subjected to, is not warranted.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
But presenting stats which mean absolutely nothing without presenting the context with it is pointless and partly mischievous.

When you add the context there’s nothing outstanding behind the stats and nothing to change the fact we are right to try and ship him out in the summer.

Maguire has played 7 full premier league games this season.

Brighton Home - Lost
Brentford away - Lost
West Ham home - won
Bournemouth home - won
Leeds away - won
Everton home - won
Forest away - won

The stat doesn’t look as impressive when he’s playing against teams rooted to the bottom of the league fighting relegation. Varane, Martinez, Lindelof all would match if not better those stats playing against those teams.

Like I said we can all see clearly why he doesn’t take part in the tough games.
The stats show how we do when Maguire is playing, there is no context being hidden there. It's not some plot designed to show how we would really be title contenders with Harry starting every game, it simply shows how we've done in the games he's played and it proves that we don't become a terrible team guaranteed to ship goals left, right and center whenever he's in the line up, which is the narrative from a lot of people in here.

If he's selected to do a job against team X,Y,Z and then does that job well he has still done that job well even if those teams aren't top of the league or the fact that Varane would've likely done better.
I agree he's not good enough for us but the effort on this forum to discredit even the positives of some of our players is so fecking tiring.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Could have got a red. The man loves walking on a tightrope
So could any of the players on the pitch. Maguire did one bookable offence and rightly got booked for it and that was that, why try and fabricate drama?.

I was more concerned by that heavy tackle Casemiro made right near the end, given his track record this season, and the swing by Weghorst..

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had a shaky start and Forest kept targetting him, he recovered well and had good game.

i was worried when he got yellow so early in the game, good that he didn't make any mistake after that.

Biggins

I think situation with him is really simple. If he is happy to be a third choice CB then he is a great asset. If he expects to be a first choice CB then he needs to be moved.

Anustart89

Well then enlighten us. I don't see the Harry trashers bringing any facts to their position. Tell us how many times he was subbed off in those nine matches.
I said subbed on. Sadler’s showed some stats and made the point that every time Maguire plays we win and don’t concede, and intentionally hid the game where he came on with the team at 2-0 up and we ended up drawing 2-2 because it didn’t fit his point and criteria that were chosen for a reason. My only point was that the line of arguing was intentionally dishonest.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Sorry to say that but the fact that he plays for a team which has the ambition to be among the world's elite is absurd. I have nothing against him and I am sure he is a professional and gives his all, but he is just not a very good footballer.

TsuWave

Horrible player that people are still trying to convince themselves is good.

stoinz

Thougth he played well. We were spoiled with Licha and Varane for too long. Of cos he isn't as good as Licha or Varance but that doesnt mean he didn't play well. In fact I thought the back four did as well as we could under the circumstances. Hopefully they get better as we need them to step up during this crucial period.

glasgow 21

Horrible player that people are still trying to convince themselves is good.
Booked within 3mins , stuck his hand in the face of a player, clumsy in box and could have given a pen away with another ref, took a player down in second half to stop play could have had a yellow. So all in all was lucky to be still on pitch. Captain display is wasn't and needs a serious talking to as Sevilla will play the black arts and will target him. The only positive side? back 4 lookl fit to play the next game. Dalot played well in LB position.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Stonewall pen to me, why wasn't it given?

Thought he played very well after the first 20 minutes.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He is an ok defender when he plays in a low block team, with less space to run behind and no need to close the space.

I would see him play in Italy next year, and I would be happy to loan him there as I don't see many PL clubs going for him, or him going to promoted clubs.

But anyway, he needs to leave as opponents are targeting him and he is really short in confidence.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think everyone holding on meant they couldn't really judge whether another player had influenced his position?
Fair enough, think that makes sense but to me it seemed like reckless play from him.

Felt very fortunate.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He had a poor game, taking ages on the ball, yellow carded in first 5 mins (fair enough he made a decision to take the player down, but why all the whining after that rugby tackle?), and was a bit lucky with the pen.

I have to say I don't like him after the last comments about "having nothing to prove", seems a bit silly if you're on your way out of United. He has the arrogance but nothing to show for it in terms of skills/performance. I understand he has a strong character so that might be useful for some team that is considering buying him. He's all yours.

Andersonson

The amount of abuse he gets is absurd. Grown ass men abusing a player on social media, forums etc. To think that a lot of these morons are parents is sickening

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think situation with him is really simple. If he is happy to be a third choice CB then he is a great asset. If he expects to be a first choice CB then he needs to be moved.
Yeah that's it for me too. He has shown he isn't the liability that Redcafe would have us believe, and he's shown improvement too. I don't know if he will stay but I don't mind personally...

Real Name

Other than first 5,10 minutes of panic he actually had a good game. Snuffed out all the possible dangerous situations and headed all the high balls needed to be headed away.

Eric_the_Red99

He had a very shaky start against Forest, and it could have been even worse, but he recovered well and looked very solid for the rest of the match (although not sure why Forest seemed to stop targeting him for pressure after the first 10 minutes, as it was clearly working. The better teams we play next won’t be so kind).

Forest had no shots on target all game, and you can’t ask more from a defence than that. Bizarrely though, Garth Crooks picked DDG in his team of the week, despite the fact he had nothing to do.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I think everyone holding on meant they couldn't really judge whether another player had influenced his position?
Lost his bearings completely on that cross and looked panicked and very lucky to not give the pen and a red away. Reminded me of the spurs game when Shaw and him got tangled up, he seemed to be grabbing at something to get into the right position.

Not surprised by it, the amount of pressure he’s under is catastrophic and would affect anyone regardless of their status and wages.
Not me saying he’s good enough for the way we play because he isn’t but hopefully someone gets him in the summer and gets regular game time, he’s very rarely injured which is a massive thing for a CB.

UpWithRivers

I'm pretty sure fans don't watch the game anymore. They just watch Maguire and wait for any mistake to highlight it. This is the England captain that had a good world cup and got to the Euro finals before that. The same CB that we used to get 2nd and 3rd in the league. And yet people speak about him as if he is dog shit on their shoes. Its a disgrace the hate our fans have towards our own player. I've heard he's the worst signing ever, worse then Djemba Djemba and Kleberson etc. Come off it. Worst CB in the league! Come off it.

I'm no Maguire fan and he is slapable when he opens his mouth. But come on people. Clean sheet and the Maguire hate is everywhere. Youtubers, fans. Everyone. Leave the guy alone. He is one of the best back up CBs at any club in the world. Does he have weaknesses? Sure. But thats why he is a back up CB. Give the guy a break. How about we try support our own every now and again.

miked99

Had a seriously wobbly first 15m or so but deserves credit for not falling apart and going on to have a really good game.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Harry will leave some day but we can’t continue discrediting him just to not feel like fools. This attitude of doubling down instead of accepting we’ve not been hampered by his involvement is wildly baffling.
The fact of the matter is, he is stepped up when called upon this season and that’s all you can want from any one of our players. He is likely not a ETH favourite but he sure is not making a fool of himself around the club and that’s respectable enough.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Played very well after the initial hiccups. I just hope he has the strong mentality to navigate the coming games as there are some United fans who are baying for his blood even though he is trying his best.

He hasn't played much this season and a player like him needs games.

I have a been a very big critic but the booing and criticism he is currently subjected to, is not warranted.
That’s the frustrating part. He is 100% a confidence player and call it his weakness but I don’t think he is mentally the strongest when it comes to harsh criticism

Yet our own fans treat him like he’s John Terry from the opposition ffs. The guy needs backing whether or not he stays in the team is for ETH to decide come end of the season. What good does it do to be so toxic against him now? Especially if he’s playing somewhat well as of late

Marwood

I don't really get the criticism for the yellow. He was on the halfway line against a much quicker player. I thought it was just a coming together anyway but if he doesn't bring him down the guy is away and through on goal possibly.

Not the first time a CB is high up the pitch and realises a foot race is pointless. Was just unfortunate it came about so early.

eire-red

I said it in the matchday thread at half time, when he plays there's like this sub-plot surrounding him. It's almost like Pogba, but without the bad attitude and circus surrounding PP.

I think he did well to bounce back in the second half and put in a solid performance, but the spotlight on him is a negative and I think it's best for United and Maguire if he is moved on in the summer.

He would be a great asset to a team looking to push into those Europa League spots, like Brentford or Fulham or someone.

eire-red

I don't really get the criticism for the yellow. He was on the halfway line against a much quicker player. I thought it was just a coming together anyway but if he doesn't bring him down the guy is away and through on goal possibly.

Not the first time a CB is high up the pitch and realises a foot race is pointless. Was just unfortunate it came about so early.
Yeah I know what you mean. It was a textbook professional foul, but it's just the whole circumstance when you know you're going to be under the spotlight like that, is there any need to push up that high in the opening minutes?

He's just a magnet for bad luck. He's a good guy and a good defender, but this move hasn't worked out well for him. It's cringe when he's the captain and the likes of DDG, Bruno and Casemiro are on the pitch. One mistake is all it took for the Forest crowd to be on his back all game.

Gavinb33

I'm pretty sure fans don't watch the game anymore. They just watch Maguire and wait for any mistake to highlight it. This is the England captain that had a good world cup and got to the Euro finals before that. The same CB that we used to get 2nd and 3rd in the league. And yet people speak about him as if he is dog shit on their shoes. Its a disgrace the hate our fans have towards our own player. I've heard he's the worst signing ever, worse then Djemba Djemba and Kleberson etc. Come off it. Worst CB in the league! Come off it.

I'm no Maguire fan and he is slapable when he opens his mouth. But come on people. Clean sheet and the Maguire hate is everywhere. Youtubers, fans. Everyone. Leave the guy alone. He is one of the best back up CBs at any club in the world. Does he have weaknesses? Sure. But thats why he is a back up CB. Give the guy a break. How about we try support our own every now and again.
Supporting your own is anathema to some fans, you can hear it on the terraces too the blokes behind me at the match were just waiting to say I told you he was shit as much as people on here do.

Status
Not open for further replies.