Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyspider13

He's filling in for Varane, he doesn't have to be as good as Varane is, just don't make bad mistakes. He can't even manage that for what, 10 mins? Doesn't have the mentality to succeed at a club aiming to win something.

He needs to be the first name out the door in the transfer window. Give him away for free if needed. He cannot be here next season. It's not good for him or the club.

SAFMUTD

I've never disliked a player as much as I dislike him.

Please just leave, pay him the full contract just don't be here tomorrow.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Need to update thread's stats with one assist. And on DDG's too.

Devil81

He's so bloody slow, it destroys us as a team.

He's also an absolute calamity.

kundalini

Maguire is good at heading the ball clear from corners, wide free-kicks and crosses, other than that, he's an ordinary player that lacks pace. Our attacking players barely saw the ball in the first half due to Maguire and Lindelof passing the ball to each other so often. For their first goal, the only way Maguire gets out of that dangerous situation is to dummy the ball and then hope he gets to it before a Sevilla player.

First half you'd think De Gea and Maguire were playing their first match together, such was the lack of understanding.

Dookingham United

How bizarre is it that he's our captain? He only plays when the first choice CBs are injured. Why is he the captain at all? Even if we set aside the fact that he's consistently awful, just having a captain who's usually on the bench is so absurd. Never heard of that at any other club. Your captain is supposed to be a guaranteed starter, and since that'd be suicide with Maguire, he shouldn't be the captain. It's not as if he shows any apparent leadership qualities, nor sensible decisionmaking. Pure disaster.
As always, it goes back to the cancer that Utd have named the Glazers.
Almost without question now, Maguire was given a clause in his contract saying that he would be our club captain.
There is no other reason in the world multiple managers would keep him as captain.
All of the Glazer's decisions are still causing us terrible pain.

united for life

Shocking tonight, went to pieces. But I have to ask, why are you trying to play out when the slowest person in the team has 3 men converging on him? I hate playing out from the back with the chuckle brothers and the clown in nets.
to me, to you; to me, to you; to me; to you..oh shit
de gea doesn’t want to learn. It’s not the first time. He’s done it before with Maguire and Fred. He just repeats the same mistake. Maguire played a terrible game, but the pass from de gea was just too frustrating

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Captain of Manchester United FC. Think about that for a second.
Remember when our captains were the ones setting the examples against the likes of Barcelona (Robson) and Juventus (Keane)?

Our current one can't even go through 15 minutes without making a fatal mistake against bloody Sevilla.

Jund

Ronaldo? Messi? Haaland? Salah? Nah, the only person that can singlehandedly destroy any defensive line and strike fear into everyone on the pitch is Harry Maguire. And to think we got rid of Smalling for this guy...

Chairman Steve

We need a still photo of Antony‘s face on the weekend when he made eye contact with him and pin it to the top of this thread.

It says it all really.

Lights Out

I was laughed at when I dared to criticise him a couple of weeks ago when he allowed Sims a free run at goal.

Since then:
Sevilla (h) - OG
Forest (a) - Lucky not to give a pen away at 0-0
Sevilla (a) - Gave a goal away within the first 10 minutes.

Could the apologists please name me another defender for a top team who makes as many mistakes?

Marwood

Don't think I've seen a player to attract so much bad luck whatever his limitations.

fallengt

Every game with him is a meme.
I don't know someone could do that even if they tried. fecking amazing

He'll be sold in the summer so who cares what he does anymore. He's a running joke at the club now.

Kopral Jono

Remember when our captains were the ones setting the examples against the likes of Barcelona (Robson) and Juventus (Keane)?

Our current one can't even go through 15 minutes without making a fatal mistake against bloody Sevilla.
I wasn't even mad at him for the first goal. Maguire is shit but shit happens to everyone (and if we're being honest it was all on De Gea anyway).

Instead I was fuming at how passive he was, as fecking captain, in the period between the first and the disallowed goal. Make a niggly foul, smash a player on a fifty-fifty, time-waste a bit; just do something to disturb their flow. Nothing.

Nigel Refalo

Watching this player makes you aware of the fact that there are footballers playing in lower leagues around Europe better in football than the captain of man united. That tells you something right there.

A-man

Not good tonight even though I blame DDG even more for the first goal he should have done better.

el3mel

I don't think I would have actually been that frustrated if he didn't have that fecking armband. Him being the captain gets on my nerve.

People used to mock Ashley Young as our captain. Young had far more guts and was a far better player and captain than this clown.

BBer13

just watched the offside goal they scored in the first half and i have no idea why he runs in to player and has his hands all over them, he achieves nothing. Im not fully sure what he is doing on the second goals they scored, seems to go into the back of one of our players again for no reason. Cant blame him directly for either goal but it bemuses me what he does sometimes, really odd player to watch.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Can’t think of a worse “captain”.

Absolute joke of a player with a terrible attitude.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Captain pathetic, he makes the entire defense nervous. One of the worst signing we have made and probably the worst.
He's just panic stations personified... All the time
One word association I have with him is: dread.

He makes everyone around him nervous; there's a palpable sense of impending doom that follows him around the pitch. He's good for at least one major mistake per game and you can get away with that when the opposition isn't good enough to capitalise, but it'll be a death knell forever more against anyone who can and will take the opportunity he hands on a plate for them.

He's a broken man. This is a stuck record. He and the club have nothing left for each other.

Blood Mage

He simply must be sold. You get the sense that most of our players don't respect him and somewhat dislike him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.