Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Can’t wait for the interview once he loses the captaincy.

Its going to be like when Trump lost the election.

Harry M to reporters: I demand a recount, those votes were fraudulent!

Reporters to Harry M: What the fk are you talking about? What votes you big slabhead? You were shit as a player and even worse as a captain!

Harry M: Fake news! I was THE BEST captain anyone could ever have hoped for. All other captains wish they were me.
Do you know who I am?
I am in the Euros team of the tournament for a reason. 3 times I won the ball guys, 3 times, please show a little respect. I win the ball more times than the rest of you (journalists) in this room put together, 3 times (holds up 4 fingers on one hand and his thumb on the other), 3 times guys show me the respect!

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I have a source that tells me he didn't say it. It's exactly the same thing as Ogden has done, yes?
I'm not defending Maguire I'm simply not believing a story with zero proof that he actually said it .Well except the source that cannot be named which is very convenient.

Tell me, do you believe everything that a journalist says, especially articles with no evidence to back it up, Or do you simply believe the ones you want to believe and rubbish the ones you don't?.
Lets not forget that Sir Alex Ferguson banned Ogden from the press room at Old Trafford for talking bollocks.

If evidence comes out that he actually said what he said then that's a completely different story, but it hasn't and until then ill treat the story like it deserves to be treated.
He's the captain..if people acccuse him of a serious accusations that could drive a wedge and alienated his GK he should have stood up and say something.

This is what captains are for. Ridiculue Ogden for talking out of his arse if it's indeed untrue.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If you compare his interview and Bruno, total opposite. One refuses to blame himself and he has this idea that people criticise him for no reason, while the other one blamed himself for not performing and he has this idea that people criticise him because they expect he should and can do better.

InfiniteBoredom

Ogden does bullshit at times, like most sport journalists do, however, he also does have access to Maguire, getting interview with him and has tried to remain on his good side by defending him unprompted multiple times.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t think he would be hated as much if he wasn’t given the captain’s band.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The pro maguire brigade presenting themselves as voices of reason and being better fans. Typical.
Maybe read my next post in this thread. I'm not close to being pro Maguire, but bet it was more important to rant

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I don’t think he would be hated as much if he wasn’t given the captain’s band.
We have to differentiate between hate and not rating a player.

I don't have a personal opinion on the man and certainly don't hate him. He's probably a decent chap. More than likely.

He's not a decent footballer and not doing a good job as captain. Are we not allowed to say that ?

Too many idiots jumping on the hate bandwagon in this thread

Rojofiam

Reporters to Harry M: What the fk are you talking about? What votes you big slabhead? You were shit as a player and even worse as a captain!

Harry M: Fake news! I was THE BEST captain anyone could ever have hoped for. All other captains wish they were me.
Do you know who I am?
I am in the Euros team of the tournament for a reason. 3 times I won the ball guys, 3 times, please show a little respect. I win the ball more times than the rest of you (journalists) in this room put together, 3 times (holds up 4 fingers on one hand and his thumb on the other), 3 times guys show me the respect!
You're cringe.

Zippycup

Do you know who I am?
Bloody hell.
But there's no agenda?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Everything around him stinks as not good enough for Manchester United. He's slow, he lacks awareness of what's going around him on the pitch and he keeps shifting the blame to everyone around him (forward line, the Greek police, the media, the fans, United coaches, his team mates etc). Its quite evident that the guy won't settle with a place on the bench and being remembered as the 80m mistake, although, it would have made more sense if he just handled an official transfer request. Unfortunately it seem that less and less players are ready to take that step because they would have to forfeit any bonuses tied to them moving to another club.

If he isn't played then rest assured that these 'sources' and 'leaks' will increase. Maguire will of course claim that he doesn't follow what the media say (although everyone knows that his camp do) but the damage would still be made. I think it would be good for both parties that he leaves the club.

AdNani

We have to differentiate between hate and not rating a player.

I don't have a personal opinion on the man and certainly don't hate him. He's probably a decent chap. More than likely.

He's not a decent footballer and not doing a good job as captain. Are we not allowed to say that ?

Too many idiots jumping on the hate bandwagon in this thread
There's plenty who criticise for not being good enough, there's also plenty who go overboard.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Maguire has started 4 games this season and lost all 4.

hobbers

Lot of talk about Ogden but not sure why. English journos are best described as the lapdogs of England national team players. Provided the player in question hasn't made a major gaff in a tournament.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Every now and again, a poster comes along with vehement support for a player that doesn't make any sense considering their form and makes me think they must be a family member.
And I've also asked what leverage do we use for supporting him when talking in a pub? But no one seem to come up with an Answer yet, though I'm still waiting!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Wait what?! How come we're only hearing this in post 3,213 in this thread?
Has it already been mentioned :lol: To be honest I haven’t been following the thread.

romufc

If you compare his interview and Bruno, total opposite. One refuses to blame himself and he has this idea that people criticise him for no reason, while the other one blamed himself for not performing and he has this idea that people criticise him because they expect he should and can do better.

Exactly this. I think Ten Hag knows this, in pre season Harry gave 0 interviews, Bruno was there giving interviews and at the kit launch.

His recent interview showed why he is a leader in the dressing room, telling people off on the pitch.

Maguire's interviews are always about why he is playing, last season was about how every manager picked him, now its about how he got into the team of the tournament. He wont take ownership of his performances.

Interviews show what kind of person, leader he is in the dressing room, from his BBC interview about Greece to his most recent one is always about blame blame blame.

Pat Cat

Surely you're not talking about the Bruno who patted himself on the back for scoring a penalty in a game we lost 6-1? I'd link the article but I've not yet earnt that absolute privilege so here's the excerpt from the article on Sky Sports:

Fernandes told Soccer Saturday: "I don't know what people mean by 'top six', because the teams are in top six in the table. I score and assist against some of them. I score this season against Tottenham. But some people say penalties don't count!

Zippycup

Theres an agenda by people like you to whitewash his crimes against football.
Again. No agenda :houllier::houllier:

I'm not whitewashing anything. Maguire shouldn't be in the team due to the current form of Martinez and Varane but that doesn't mean I'm going to abuse him for no other reason than it's popular to do so.

The man's mental health must be on the ground and yet here we are as fans kicking and kicking and kicking him. If he's not suicidal I'd bet anything that's he's considered it. There's only so much a man can take.

As I've said before. What's happened to the days when we protected our own?

little.triangles

I'm not whitewashing anything. Maguire shouldn't be in the team due to the current form of Martinez and Varane but that doesn't mean I'm going to abuse him for no other reason than it's popular to do so.

The man's mental health must be on the ground and yet here we are as fans kicking and kicking and kicking him. If he's not suicidal I'd bet anything that's he's considered it. There's only so much a man can take.

Why don't you ask your source and let us know? :lol:

Jokes aside, I agree with you that calling him names like slabhead etc. is below the belt. He should be criticized for his performances and for his leaks, but not for his looks.

b82REZ

Criticism is not abuse.

Tap

He can suspend or shut down his social media accounts and stop giving interviews for a while. He can also offer to give up the armband or put in a transfer request. Stay low and sit quietly on the bench.
So many things he can do to take the heat off. He’s not some defenceless maiden in distress.

Beckham and young Ronaldo had it much worse than whatever Maguire is going through now.

red_de_pologne

Jokes aside, I agree with you that calling him names like slabhead etc. is below the belt. He should be criticized for his performances and for his leaks, but not for his looks.
And for his atrocious interviews where he never assumes even a fraction of responsibility for his/teams poor performances.

Absolute opposite of what a captain should be.

crossy1686

career ending
Exactly this. I think Ten Hag knows this, in pre season Harry gave 0 interviews, Bruno was there giving interviews and at the kit launch.

His recent interview showed why he is a leader in the dressing room, telling people off on the pitch.

Maguire's interviews are always about why he is playing, last season was about how every manager picked him, now its about how he got into the team of the tournament. He wont take ownership of his performances.

Interviews show what kind of person, leader he is in the dressing room, from his BBC interview about Greece to his most recent one is always about blame blame blame.
I’m convinced the only reason Maguire was made captain in the first place was because we had a bunch of self interested, social media focussed/business distracted/sponsor chasing kids when we were looking to appoint someone.

Maguire isn’t capable of pursing anything else other than football so it was a safe choice to make at the time.

romufc

I’m convinced the only reason Maguire was made captain in the first place was because we had a bunch of self interested, social media focussed/business distracted/sponsor chasing kids when we were looking to appoint someone.

Maguire isn’t capable of pursing anything else other than football so it was a safe choice to make at the time.
Obviously it showed the lack of experience from the coach Ole too, naming a captain in the middle of the season, other managers wouldn't name one and would just keep it quiet until the summer and decide on one.

We were also in the middle of a crisis situation where no one was playing well and the only player that was starting every week was Maguire. England International, having had good international tournaments seemed a safe choice for Ole and the club.

Zippycup

I’ve asked my source and he agrees with me, word for word ;)

This is my point entirely.
When you defend a player against abuse he receives you come across too many as someone who is defending his form or lack thereof. I’m not. His form has been terrible and he has rightly been dropped from the team.
Only an injury will get him back into the team and I for one would want him to be in the best possible shape both physically and mentally when that time comes. And it will come.

Zippycup

Criticism is not abuse.
Where did I say it was?
In fact, I've said several times that I've no issue with constructive criticism on any player. I don't think there's a Manchester United fan who hasn't been critical of Harry Maguires performances this season or last.

b82REZ

There has definitely been abuse. If you aren't part of it then no need to put yourself in the line of fire.
I'll put myself where I like, you're not the gatekeeper of the thread.

People constantly conflate criticism and abuse. They are not mutually exclusive.

Any posters overstepping the mark into abuse will be dealt with by the mods, not you. So report any posts where he is personally attacked.

b82REZ

Where did I say it was?
In fact, I've said several times that I've no issue with constructive criticism on any player. I don't think there's a Manchester United fan who hasn't been critical of Harry Maguires performances this season or last.

You literally said

I'm going to abuse him for no other reason than it's popular to do so.
I've seen no-one abuse him, if you have report it the post and the mods will deal with it.

Zippycup

You literally said

I've seen no-one abuse him, if you have report it the post and the mods will deal with it.
Again. where did I say criticism is abuse?
Oh, and as for seeing no one abuse him and it report it to the mods if I do? you do realise that Redcafe is a very, very small minority of united fans and there's a much bigger world outside off it?

b82REZ

Again. where did I say criticism is abuse?
Oh, and as for seeing no one abuse him and it report it to the mods if I do? you do realise that Redcafe is a very, very small minority of united fans and there's a much bigger world outside off it?
Well if you've not seen it here why do you keep bringing up abuse?

I can only assume you mean on Twitter, but if you're daft enough to use that horrible platform you have to accept many do these things for attention; and you constantly crying abuse at everything is giving them what they want.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Did you know that he's started 4 games and lost all 4 though?
I didn't, but I did know he single-handedly got Sheff United relegated in the five appearances he made for them in 2010-11 as a 17 year old and again for Hull City in the three appearances he made for them in 2014/15.
I can't wait til he moves on and this thread dies a death.

Status
Not open for further replies.