Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Stop with the agenda crap. Your stats mean nothing when you don't add context. How is it possible that he gets a lot of touches? Because everyone BUT HIM is marked tight. He is always left open on purpose. Because he is no threat to the other team. He can't create anything, he can't give a proper deep ball. You see what happens when Martinez gets on. The tempo goes up. He gets the ball? Forward pass, immediately. Maguire does not do that. They are night and day.

But if others are marked, how is Maguire at fault? Well, because he touches the ball 5-6 times every time and doesn't make a decision. He holds up play when he doesn't need to, so it's easy to defend our team when he's on the ball. Leeds have all the time in the world to set up. If you watch the game there are multiple sequences where he just stands there with the ball at his feet for 10 seconds straight. You know he's not going to do anything. Leeds know he's not going to do anything and multiple times he even passed it right in their defenders' feet with a supposed long ball or he almost gifts them a goal.

Gameplanning against players like him and Fred that lack footballing ability, football IQ and decisionmaking is easy. Leeds showed that twice. The fact you don't even see it yourself is beyond me, you've been watching this guy for how many games/years now? And you still choose to defend him, when it's clear he's a massive problem to how this team operates. That is, of course, assuming you watch the games. But since you are so adamant on lecturing others with stats that don't give any proper representation of his play other than it just being a bunch of numbers, I'm not sure you do.

Maybe its unfair that I criticize Maguire because its not his fault that he's a wildly mediocre football player that teams know how to exploit. He is way out of his depth in this team. But we've had to sit through his atrocious play for what, 3 years now? I'm tired of it. He needs to go to a team that doesn't play with a high line and doesn't play out from the back. Maybe then he'll have some value. But not for us.
Stop with the agenda crap. Your stats mean nothing when you don't add context. How is it possible that he gets a lot of touches? Because everyone BUT HIM is marked tight. He is always left open on purpose. Because he is no threat to the other team. He can't create anything, he can't give a proper deep ball. You see what happens when Martinez gets on. The tempo goes up. He gets the ball? Forward pass, immediately. Maguire does not do that. They are night and day.

But if others are marked, how is Maguire at fault? Well, because he touches the ball 5-6 times every time and doesn't make a decision. He holds up play when he doesn't need to, so it's easy to defend our team when he's on the ball. Leeds have all the time in the world to set up. If you watch the game there are multiple sequences where he just stands there with the ball at his feet for 10 seconds straight. You know he's not going to do anything. Leeds know he's not going to do anything and multiple times he even passed it right in their defenders' feet with a supposed long ball or he almost gifts them a goal.

Gameplanning against players like him and Fred that lack footballing ability, football IQ and decisionmaking is easy. Leeds showed that twice. The fact you don't even see it yourself is beyond me, you've been watching this guy for how many games/years now? And you still choose to defend him, when it's clear he's a massive problem to how this team operates. That is, of course, assuming you watch the games. But since you are so adamant on lecturing others with stats that don't give any proper representation of his play other than it just being a bunch of numbers, I'm not sure you do.

Maybe its unfair that I criticize Maguire because its not his fault that he's a wildly mediocre football player that teams know how to exploit. He is way out of his depth in this team. But we've had to sit through his atrocious play for what, 3 years now? I'm tired of it. He needs to go to a team that doesn't play with a high line and doesn't play out from the back. Maybe then he'll have some value. But not for us.
Stopped reading after the the first paragraph. You obviously only saw what you wanted to see. If you actually watched you would have seen the NONE OF THE LEEDS PLAYERS WERE CLOSING DOWN ANY OF OUR DEFENDERS, NOT JUST MAGUIRE. Sorry for yelling. Their 3 forwards were sitting in back of 3. Once a defender would pass the ball they would then close down the midfielder. This happened whether it was Maguire passing, Shaw passing, or any other defender passing. In fact, they kept up quite an impressive half press for 60-70 minutes of the game before running out of steam. But go on...tell me again how it was all Maguire and me thinking you have an agenda is nonsense

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He does every match though, it's not just some Leeds defensive masterclass thing. If he didn't think that he could break lines and/or cut out the entire team with one pass I think he'd just shift it sooner, even if that was straight out wide allowing the fullback to work a few yards up the pitch rather than being pressed the second they get it. I'll admit though that the fullback pass back to Maguire under pressure is an almighty carrot. You can practically feel the opposition fans and players getting energised by it and I especially look forward to the standard outcome of desperate pass back to De Gea followed by a sliced clearance straight out of play.
Or you'd think that if Maguire was as shite as everyone seems to think they would just press him. Interesting how they didn't do that. In fact, they didn't press any of our defenders. Hmmm...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
No. Bruno fumbled it. Just like Harrison did.

A 1v1 chance like that, if you don't score, you've fecked up. No if's and but's. He fecked up.

A defender? Sure i can. I expect from our defenders to go through a match without making a mistake. It's not that hard.
Attackers can miss chances, sure, i'll give them more leniency.
Midfielders overhit passes, feck things up. Fine.

Make a mistake that leads to a goal? You've fecked up. Get shit for it. Easy.

You've mentioned Rashford getting shit for his form? Sure, he was crap. Got called for being crap.
Picked it up. Now plays out of this world.

Martial? Always injured. Gets shit for it. Rightly so.
If this continues, get rid - easy.

Harry Maguire? Poor footballer, even worse center back.
Makes mistakes every game he plays, has been doing so for the last 2 years.
Gets shit for it on the forums.

We're not blind you know?
So what rating did you give Maguire yesterday and what rating did you give Varane midweek?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It’s his game to ponder on the ball. If he does it in every game then it’s likely got feck all to do with how Leeds press or our midfield options and much more likely to be because he does it in every game he plays.
When their forwards and midfield are all standing by our midfield waiting to pounce, the smart thing is to hold the ball a bit. Dangle the carrot. Try to suck them in. This is why our defense will give a pass to our midfielder and the midfielder would pass it back with their first touch. They aren't open but hoping Leeds would chase down a defender. They didn't do it though. They just sat. Waiting. So this means you either dribble a bit, try and bypass the midfield, or do the same thing again and pass it to the midfield in hopes that they can turn. If they can't, then it's another pass back to the defense. And it cycles around again.

Smores

I love it when we get these resident crazies fixated on players. We need more madwingers...i mean sadlermufcs.

acnumber9

When their forwards and midfield are all standing by our midfield waiting to pounce, the smart thing is to hold the ball a bit. Dangle the carrot. Try to suck them in. This is why our defense will give a pass to our midfielder and the midfielder would pass it back with their first touch. They aren't open but hoping Leeds would chase down a defender. They didn't do it though. They just sat. Waiting. So this means you either dribble a bit, try and bypass the midfield, or do the same thing again and pass it to the midfield in hopes that they can turn. If they can't, then it's another pass back to the defense. And it cycles around again.
He does it in every game he plays in.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He does it in every game he plays in.
I'd like him to play a little quicker as well. But that's no reason to give a guy a 4/10 in a game where we kept a clean sheet and no chances came through him. If we are giving Harry anything under an average 6/10 for the game vs Leeds then people are just looking for the negative and there's definitely an agenda. Personally, i gave him a 7 and thought he was the best of the starting back 4...

OhGee

A little bit of nostalgia when we kicked off on Sunday - thought Ole was at the wheel. Bruno to Maguire and a diagonal to the left missing our player by a mile. Good old days those were….

Pass and Move

So it was all on Maguire? Even though the rest of the team were doing the same and passed it to him more than any other player? How to tell me you have an agenda without telling me you have an agenda :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can you show me where I said it was all on Maguire?

It's the same story every time he plays for us. We look vulnerable in possession and lack penetration playing out from the back. It's not hard to see why a manager like ETH has relegated our club captain to 4th choice CB at best.

A CB doesn't have to make glaring mistakes in a game for him to play poorly. Having more of the ball than anyone and doing nothing of note with it is a good enough reason to claim he's had a bad game.

Kostov

I hope he leaves for his own sake this summer. He is not a bad player but pressure has obviously got to him and he needs a new start.

Cloud7

A little bit of nostalgia when we kicked off on Sunday - thought Ole was at the wheel. Bruno to Maguire and a diagonal to the left missing our player by a mile. Good old days those were….
:lol:

EtH

I'd like him to play a little quicker as well. But that's no reason to give a guy a 4/10 in a game where we kept a clean sheet and no chances came through him. If we are giving Harry anything under an average 6/10 for the game vs Leeds then people are just looking for the negative and there's definitely an agenda. Personally, i gave him a 7 and thought he was the best of the starting back 4...
Your tagline should be “Maguire’s mum”.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He held on to the ball far too long against Leeds, but then so did the whole team including Martinez when he came on.

Other than that he was absolutely fine, as he usually is these days. Nothing spectacular but no major errors and generally pretty steady.

Marwood

I hope he leaves for his own sake this summer. He is not a bad player but pressure has obviously got to him and he needs a new start.
Definitely.

Those passes against Leeds weren't in his game three years ago.

He was at one stage a very controlled, composed player. One whose technique could be relied on even of he had other shortcomings.

Now he looks nervous and rash.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Can you show me where I said it was all on Maguire?

It's the same story every time he plays for us. We look vulnerable in possession and lack penetration playing out from the back. It's not hard to see why a manager like ETH has relegated our club captain to 4th choice CB at best.

A CB doesn't have to make glaring mistakes in a game for him to play poorly. Having more of the ball than anyone and doing nothing of note with it is a good enough reason to claim he's had a bad game.
"We look vulnerable with Maguire" but every chance they had came from the other side of the park. Again...tell me you have an agenda without telling me you have an agenda

Pass and Move

"We look vulnerable with Maguire" but every chance they had came from the other side of the park. Again...tell me you have an agenda without telling me you have an agenda
There’s one person here acting as an SJW on behalf of poor old Harry, when everyone else is explaining to you their reasons for his low ratings and being dropped by the manager, yet somehow we’re the ones with an agenda.

EtH

Why? Does Harry's mom just want fair treatment for him too?
If you think Maguire was better than Shaw or even Dalot Sunday you are blinkered. Or maybe just being contrary for the sake of it.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
There’s one person here acting as an SJW on behalf of poor old Harry, when everyone else is explaining to you their reasons for his low ratings and being dropped by the manager, yet somehow we’re the ones with an agenda.
So you think I"m going to listen to people on here when 85% of them want Rashford sold? Not the smartest lot around here. Besides, I"m not saying anything about him belonging in the first 11 or questioning the manager. I'm questioning how he was the lowest rated player in a game when we kept a clean sheet and gave up very little chances. If you don't think giving the central defender who was most active in our back 4 a low rating in a game in which we gave up very little is an agenda, then guess what? You also have an agenda

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
If you think Maguire was better than Shaw or even Dalot Sunday you are blinkered. Or maybe just being contrary for the sake of it.
I think he was a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 (all about even). Not MOTM or anything like that, but he was good. Mind you, if he gave up the chance that Shaw did, theCaf would go into meltdown...

EtH

I think he was a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 (all about even). Not MOTM or anything like that, but he was good. Mind you, if he gave up the chance that Shaw did, theCaf would go into meltdown...
Maguire started countless Leeds counters.

Robbie Boy

I love it when we get these resident crazies fixated on players. We need more madwingers...i mean sadlermufcs.
:lol: :lol:

It makes for good entertainment, though. What's funnier is that they always lack the self-awareness to see that they have become meme material.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Harry Maguire had a genuinely good, solid first season here. What happened to that player could probably cover a thesis on its own. The criticism towards Harry back then was that he didnt score enough goals on headers.

Tony247

Harry Maguire had a genuinely good, solid first season here. What happened to that player could probably cover a thesis on its own. The criticism towards Harry back then was that he didnt score enough goals on headers.
Yes. He was criticised for header but rarely for his defending. Hence all these nicknames like 'microwave harry', '50p head' stuck.

BorisManUtd

He was solid in 2nd season too other than terrible start of that season when everyone were out of shape after having only few weeks of rest.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Yes. He was criticised for header but rarely for his defending. Hence all these nicknames like 'microwave harry', '50p head' stuck.
He was bad even in his first season but people were never blaming him. It was either De gea's,Shaw's or Lindelof's fault but never Maguire's. 2nd season people were using the Greece incident as to why he was so bad. Like come on man.
I still remember in his first season every time he was criticised his fanboys came out in full swing.

TheLittleOne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.