g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Maguire involved in incident with police in Greece - conviction nullified by appeal, full retrial pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
If someone attacked my sister I would make them hurt really bad. If it is true that other football club supporters attacked his sis and the police that came were in civilian clothes, I have no trouble with his actions. I would have done the same.

Dyslexic Untied

I haven't got a clue about how the situation actually unfolded. Maybe he did something wrong and maybe he didn't. I don't understand the decision to use that very short period of time off, which he desperately needed to relax after a long season, by going on a friends holiday in Mykonos though. If there is one place you will find partying, drunk, and obnoxious British opposition fans at the moment it is there. It just seems like a stupid place for him to travel right now.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What reason would they have to add that to the police report? What reason would the police have to lie? what would they gain? You know if this was Rooney or Gerrard or some other bloke people love to hate these posts would be so different, now everyone's up coming with excuses, oh he didnt know they were coppers, oh the police are lying, oh its ok he was drunk and didnt know what he was doing.. just seems weird to me.
Seems weird to me too, using drunkness as an excuse to fight and shout and say it’s understandable. I think these people shouldn’t drink so much if they turn into knobs and can’t control themselves

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Seems weird to me too, using drunkness as an excuse to fight and shout and say it’s understandable. I think these people shouldn’t drink so much if they turn into knobs and can’t control themselves
If someone had stabbed family member of mine I would have knocked them out regardless of alcohol.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's funny. You get all these hardmen claiming how the current game is ruined because "half the sissies like dan james spend most of the match rollin round on't floor. What would R Kid Roy Keane have to say about all that".

Then Maguire gets into a situation like this where his sister gets(allegedly) stabbed in the arm and he (allegedly) retaliates and now the overwhelming majority are saying its horrendous and he should be sacked and stripped of captaincy etc???

All you hardcore utd fans: if Maguire's sister was stabbed in the arm and he did F-all what would you have to say about that?

"this squad - no character-imagine keane/neville putting up with that".

let's just see what the court system deem what happened before we jump in and start criticising peoples character shall we?
Bit different putting a hard tackle in or not diving to actual physically assaulting someone outside the pitch :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
If someone had stabbed family member of mine I would have knocked them out regardless of alcohol.
That’s fair. What was she stabbed with and why though, no one knows at all. Lovely excuse to run with though. Reminds me of dier saving his brothers life in the stands

edit: also, I was replying to the fact people using drunkness excuse to shout and swear and fight, nothing to do with his sister

Kostov

What happened to stand by our guy for a start? By all accounts he was defending his sister, I would probably kill the guy if he stabbed my sister.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Why would he have to enter the fight. He just puts himself between his sister and them, and they leave. Who cares if they goaded him? They have much less to lose. Only a child would care about it more than how it makes the club look to be getting into fights
That what I think, these people who are pleased with him because he stick up for Man Utd, grow up

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Also instinctive. If I’d been out and some fool had stabbed my Sister / Mrs / Daughter / Son or any other loved one I’d probably have done exactly the same.
I keep asking what happened with the others involved or were they just too intent on arresting Harry?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
That’s fair. What was she stabbed with and why though, no one knows at all. Lovely excuse to run with though. Reminds me of dier saving his brothers life in the stands

edit: also, I was replying to the fact people using drunkness excuse to shout and swear and fight, nothing to do with his sister
No one really knows anything as yet, only what has been stated. My surprise is just that so many have leapt on him without knowing exactly what’s happened.

For some to even make cracks about babies being born with big heads is astonishing.

Gasolin

I think my favourite detail in this whole saga is the repeated need to clarify that she was stabbed “with a sharp object”. Is it even possible to stab someone with a blunt object?
That’s true. I am just a parrot here.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I think my favourite detail in this whole saga is the repeated need to clarify that she was stabbed “with a sharp object”. Is it even possible to stab someone with a blunt object?
I think it’s because it wasn’t a knife but they want to make it sound as dangerous as possible.
theres just as many in this thread condemning him as those sticking up for him and excusing it all without knowing.
quite a funny and scary at the same time read through this morning though, I love how BLM and Irish priests gets dragged in and debated in aHarry Maguire arrest thread.

GazTheLegend

Even if his sister gets stabbed in the arm, he's silly to get into a brawl in a foreign country. All he had to do was make sure his sister was safe by breaking up whatever was happening with her and then they could all leave together. Its completely understandable to get upset and angry, its not to completely forget your responsibilities and act like a lout.
Oh get fecked.

I'm sure if a family member of yours got stabbed you would be too busy posting irate messages about it on a forum to do anything of course

If someone stabbed any of mine I'd hope to just about keep my head but you never know how you're going to react to any situation. The key of course is not to be in that situation in the first place but sometimes there's nothing you can do

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It sounds like he was sticking up for family, not Utd.
You keep quoting me but not replying to what i said. I didn’t mention his family, I said the people who think it’s great he stuck up for Man Utd

Jordan_mufc

Even if his sister gets stabbed in the arm, he's silly to get into a brawl in a foreign country. All he had to do was make sure his sister was safe by breaking up whatever was happening with her and then they could all leave together. Its completely understandable to get upset and angry, its not to completely forget your responsibilities and act like a lout.
:houllier::houllier:

People need to remember that footballers are human beings. If it is true that his sister was stabbed in the arm he was well within his rights to start brawling. If I was in that situation, I would be wary of the assailant causing further damage and would probably have done the same thing.

Let's not act holier than thou now.

lysglimt

Scout
If the local newspapers version of the story is correct - he is innocent as hell.

DomesticTadpole

What nobody thinks he did.
Think early on it was reported about those morons singing about United and saying Harry was a sh*t footballer. Some on here reacted to that, then the reports about his sister came out along with those morons messing with some girls.

lysglimt

Scout
If he’s defending his sister whose supposedly be assaulted (stabbed!?) then you can understand why he’s completely lost his head.

Rival fans, what’s the bet they are of the Scouse variety?
I have heard they were city-fans but those are rumours

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
:houllier::houllier:

People need to remember that footballers are human beings. If it is true that his sister was stabbed in the arm he was well within his rights to start brawling. If I was in that situation, I would be wary of the assailant causing further damage and would probably have done the same thing.

Let's not act holier than thou now.
If my sister was stabbed with a chuppa chup lolly after being a gobby fecker I’d laugh. What was maguires sister stabbed with and why?

mu4c_20le

I find it quite ironic this thread is full of people arguing Greek police are extremely corrupt, yet one of the charges is attempted bribery. So corrupt they deny a bribe, eh?
Well that's it then, they've proven themselves to be incorruptible and permanently reversed the image of the Greek authorities through this one incident.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Sadly this incident brings out the worst of biased and badly informed opinions.

1. There are good and bad coops all around the world. Use common sense and have respect and I think you’re fine wherever you go.

2. Greece people are in general very nice and friendly against those who shows respect. No different to the rest of world.

3. Greek local food taste really good. Greek salad is my favorite wherever I travel around the world

4. All men (and women) with too much alcohol is annoying. Especially if they comes in hordes, screams and show no respect to others. What’s new? Young Scandinavians and those from the British islands are often over represented when you’re on holidays in Europe. (Me and my friends was really awful in the eighties with too mush alcohol and parties 24/7. If my children saw me at that time they would never talk to me again. Thank God we had no mobile phones at that time. Imagine pictures of all the girls....)

5. Mykonos is one of the best places in the world to go on holiday. I don’t know if the nightclub Venue is till there but Paradise Beach has one (if no the best)after beach in the whole world. People from all around the world. Gay, straights, you name it and almost all on that beach is dancing, are friendly and is having fun. My first time there was in 1983 and I always go back to this little pearl when I want to eat good food, having fun and meet beautiful and nice people.

6. I will wait until the whole story is out before making any judgement.

7. Harry Maguire is my captain so I stand by him until he’s proven guilty in court. Fck other supporters and their bias view. A Manchester United player is my guy as long they are wearing a red shirt.

RUCK4444

1. There are good and bad coops all around the world. Use common sense and have respect and I think you’re fine wherever you go.

2. Greece people are in general very nice and friendly against those who shows respect. No different to the rest of world.

3. Greek local food taste really good. Greek salad is my favorite wherever I travel around the world

4. All men (and women) with too much alcohol is annoying. Especially if they comes in hordes, screams and show no respect to others. What’s new? Young Scandinavians and those from the British islands are often over represented when you’re on holidays in Europe. (Me and my friends was really awful in the eighties with too mush alcohol and parties 24/7. If my children saw me at that time they would never talk to me again. Thank God we had no mobile phones at that time. Imagine pictures of all the girls....)

5. Mykonos is one of the best places in the world to go on holiday. I don’t know if the nightclub Venue is till there but Paradise Beach has one (if no the best)after beach in the whole world. People from all around the world. Gay, straights, you name it and almost all on that beach is dancing, are friendly and is having fun. My first time there was in 1983 and I always go back to this little pearl when I want to eat good food, having fun and meet beautiful and nice people.

7. Harry Maguire is my captain so I stand by him until he’s proven guilty in court. Fck other supporters and their bias view. A Manchester United player is my guy as long they are wearing a red shirt.
I agree Greek food is amazing and the people are lovely.

Ive lived in Spain and have family from Greece and been there many times, food and people in Greece trump Spain by a country mile

Disclaimer: this is my personal experience, other Spanish food and people are available.

DomesticTadpole

Oliver Holt has thrown his shit hat in the ring:

If the club gave him permission to go there and all the others that are on Greek Island, then the club have to take some of the blame. If they had said no I am sure he would have gone somewhere else.
Oliver Holt has always a pontificating twerp.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Agree apart from point 7.
A united players personal affairs have nothing to do with me as a fan. I will judge or back only when all the information is out.

In case of crimes commited nobody derves blind backing just because of their status. He is backed on the pitch as a United player and thats where it ends.

Ole'sattheWheel

Bit different putting a hard tackle in or not diving to actual physically assaulting someone outside the pitch :lol:
Physically assaulting someone who (allegedly) stabbed his sister.

What would Roy Keane do?

I jest, I apologised for my facetiousness regarding comparing "football hardmen" to "vicious drunken yobs" in a previous post but you must not have seen it, my main point was we can't really come to a conclusion on this until we have all of the full legal details.

Was just trying to make light of the situation is all so apologies if that was lost in textlasion (yeah I did just make a portmanteau with text and translation. Sue me and my big fat head I mean my regular sized head my name is Jerry McWire)

Status
Not open for further replies.