Harry Maguire

Minimalist

Is this the same big lad that Giroud bullied to the floor for his winner on the opening Friday night?

Dobbs

Arsenal or Liverpool maybe, imho he'd be ideal for City. Good touch and passing, comfortable under pressure and can bring it out from the back. Plus can defend. If they buy Evans for 30mil having passed on maguire for 15 I'd be well pleased
Yeah good point. Big mistake by City if that scenario plays out.

Dobbs

Is this the same big lad that Giroud bullied to the floor for his winner on the opening Friday night?
I remember Ruddock out muscling Pallister to score for Liverpool. Pallister probably the most dominant in the air centre half we've ever had.

It happens.

Dobbs

Ruddock was a beast. A big fat beast.
He was. He was still four inches shorter than the beastly Pallister though.

Giroud is no Ronnie Corbett either. Probably in the top three headers of a ball currently in the EPL.

Either way it's one single moment of play!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Giroud is no Ronnie Corbett either. Probably in the top three headers of a ball currently in the EPL.

You're right. There's not a defender in the history of the game who didn't lose a few 50/50s or get beaten to a header by a smaller man.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

He was also shite for the goal Welbeck scored. But that's exactly my point, he only plays for Leicester so his mistakes aren't going to be highlighted.

jesperjaap

Decent signing for Leicester, was a good player for Hull like Robertson who has moved also. The player premiership sides should and seem to be looking at for me is CLucas

Dobbs

He was also shite for the goal Welbeck scored. But that's exactly my point, he only plays for Leicester so his mistakes aren't going to be highlighted.
Same goes for every single player outside of the big clubs. A kind of mass criticism.

People watch more football than you think. They've also seen plenty of good stuff from him.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Think he's very good. Commanding defender but also very good on the ball. We have too many cb's though.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Can't understand why Liverpool didn't take him at that price when they went in for Robertson at the same time.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
Really impressed by him and Simpson today. Seemed to block every single shot or cross that came into the box

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Every bit as good as VVD for me, was great last season for Hull, not only the blocks but the passing and his ability to calmly find enough space to find a pass out from the back is great to see.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I mean, he was good and all, but you'd expect a gigantic unit like him to be making last ditch tackles and winning 50/50 tussles when the entire back-line was so tight together. Once the game opened up and Fuchs and Simpson were dragged a little wide he didn't look near as impervious as the BT commentator would have you know.

He is very tidy on the ball, though. Surprisingly so.

Adnandos

Really like him, have liked him since his Sheffield days, could see him going to Chelsea or Liverpool one day.

dbs235

For his price he's been a great signing, considering they can probably sell him for £50m now. Not fully convinced by his defending but he's definitely good on the ball.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He always looks like he is about to cry.

Played well though. Liked the look of him last season as well. Van Dijk having a £60m+ pricetag can't be justified when this lad went for £12m. It's slightly different considering Hull got relegated, but still not by that much.

CallyRed

Weren't we linked with him when he was at Sheffield United?

He'sGood player. Will be interesting to see how he takes to international football. Him and Jones. What a pair of units at the back.

Classical Mechanic

Also has a goal and assist this season in the first three games. He is handy at the other end of the pitch too. Wonder if he will start for England. A partnership of him and Jones would be interesting.

Walters_19_MuFc

Excellent defender and very good on the ball.

Won't be long until he moves to a top club, in my opinion.

Had we not got Lindelof, I'd be all for this guy, who fits that same profile of defender.

Very good performance from him today.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
He always looks like he is about to cry.

Played well though. Liked the look of him last season as well. Van Dijk having a £60m+ pricetag can't be justified when this lad went for £12m. It's slightly different considering Hull got relegated, but still not by that much.
So did Sunderland and Pickford went for £30m. Absolute steal.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's impressive every single time I've seen him. Great signing for Leicester.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How fast is this guy? Only ever seen him playing in teams with backs against the wall.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
You're right. It was £12m rising to £17m in reportedly 'achievable' add ons.

In the current market, definitely a bargain for an English defender.
Watched him today. Looks like a great bargain. I hate to admit, but he looks more solid than Lovren. We should have been in for him. But it seems like Klopp is either too stubborn or there's something behind the scenes going on. Why we haven't addressed out defense upto now, is beyond my understanding.

Given the prices being thrown around right now, he's an absolute bargain.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
With us spending (relatively) big bucks on Lindelof and Liverpool/Spurs/Chelsea all looking to spend megabucks on central defenders it looks as though Leicester have beaten everyone to the punch. This guy is class. Reminds me of Hummell.
Understandable though. Looking good at Hull doesn't mean one can make the step up to a club challenging for top 4 spots. If he keeps it up he'll be bought by someone in 2/3 years.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Understandable though. Looking good at Hull doesn't mean one can make the step up to a club challenging for top 4 spots. If he keeps it up he'll be bought by someone in 2/3 years.
Didn't stop Liverpool buying their left-back. Seeing as they're desperate for a central defender it seems borderline negligent that Liverpool signed Robertson but overlooked Maguire.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's decent and 15m is good value. He'd get torn asunder playing for city or Liverpool IMHO.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Watched him today. Looks like a great bargain. I hate to admit, but he looks more solid than Lovren. We should have been in for him. But it seems like Klopp is either too stubborn or there's something behind the scenes going on. Why we haven't addressed out defense upto now, is beyond my understanding.

Given the prices being thrown around right now, he's an absolute bargain.
Maguire and Keane both two solid CB transfers in the PL you should have been all over. Your scouting seems like shit or rather Klopp has failed to identify alternative targets to his first choice.

Likewise for DM, plenty of options out there like Romeu or N'Zonzi, yet no activity from you. I know you originally tried for a b2b midfielder in Keita but imo this is where this fabled transfer committee of yours should step in, you need a DM no matter what the silly German thinks, and one should have been brought in.