How will you deal with it when Pool win the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Well done to all of you who jinxed Liverpoo with such threads and related posts :D

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Folks, I apologise for starting this thread and making some of ye think the most horrible of thoughts. Look on the bright side though, this video will live with us for many years to come.

You're ok. We were all in a dark place at the time. You found an outlet and it probably felt good to release some of that horrible tension, that gnawing knot of anxiety inside of you. We're ok now though - you and I. We've found our happy place. The sun is shining again, we still have as many premier league medals as Stevie Me and all is well.

I look forward to tomorrow and to all the tomorrows.

Chairman Steve

I’d just laugh at them if they were crowing about it beyond the tenure someone else had won it. It smacks of small time if people brag about shit beyond two seasons, unless you retained.

I barely hear Utd fans reminisce about Moscow or Chelsea fans about Munich which are more recent events, but holy shit do most Liverpool fans I know go on about ‘ISTANBUL LA, WE WON IT 5 TIMES WITH STEVIE LA’

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I'll probably end up puking my ring up. The thought of it alone is enough to make my insides curl

Bwuk

Worryingly convinced they’ll win it. No obvious weaknesses in that side and VvD is a monster.

SER19

Literally the only thing that could soften it would be us winning the cl , beating them in the final.

It would be a disaster.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
In before one of the mods rage locks :D

...I'm not going to let this thread ruin what has been one of the most magical days as a United fan since SAF retired.

I'm just going to put a pillow over my head and shout loudly that we've got Ole and we scored five goals. I can't hear you, lalalala.

Sterling Archer

In before one of the mods rage locks :D

...I'm not going to let this thread ruin what has been one of the most magical days as a United fan since SAF retired.

I'm just going to put a pillow over my head and shout loudly that we've got Ole and we scored five goals. I can't hear you, lalalala.
Great time to bump this...not.

You'd think it was May or that the lead up top were triple digits. Klopp's Liverpool have yet to win anything except most frequent runner-up. Guardiola on the other hand has a pretty decent league record...a few points in December isn't much

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Suck my dogs dick. I'm sorry, but that is what would happen. It is not going to happen. It just isn't

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Great time to bump this...not.

You'd think it was May or that the lead up top were triple digits. Klopp's Liverpool have yet to win anything except most frequent runner-up. Guardiola on the other hand has a pretty decent league record...a few points in December isn't much
I agree, a terrible time to bump this thread.

Luckily you're right, Liverpool still haven't won Jack, and we can ignore this monstrosity of a thread and bask in the fact that we scored five goals today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'll just switch off from football till next year. I'm not really on any social media other than this place so it'll be pretty easy for me.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As long as things are looking up for us, think it's something ilI' quickly forget. I'd definitely avoid some media sources though.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

As long as things are looking up for us, think it's something ilI' quickly forget. I'd definitely abound some media sources though.
Yeah, I felt horrible after City's defeat but it's slipped into irrelevance once our game got underway and thereafter. I mean, I want to enjoy watching us and that's really my priority at the heart of it. Logically if you said United will finish 12th and Liverpool 3rd I'd take it. But deep inside, I know long to feel excited about watching our matches more than anything.

amolbhatia50k

The worst thing is that they probably deserve it..

It was bound to happen at some point.
That's true. It was bound to happen at some point. The fact that it's been this long is brilliant in itself.

As for it actually happening, while I'm internally accepting it, we do play them and City at home. And if I'm not mistaken we have a very good recent record (Moyes aside) against Liverpool at home. Probably a poor one against City.

Schneckerl

The worst thing is that they probably deserve it..

It was bound to happen at some point.
There are teams which had a 100 year title drought. Wish 'some point' would be in 2122 and not now.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
That's true. It was bound to happen at some point. The fact that it's been this long is brilliant in itself.

As for it actually happening, while I'm internally accepting it, we do play them and City at home. And if I'm not mistaken we have a very good recent record (Moyes aside) against Liverpool at home. Probably a poor one against City.
I hope we play against them like they used to do with us. Raise our game like crazy winning every 50 50 challenge.

Basically play out of our skins.

amolbhatia50k

I hope we play against them like they used to do with us. Raise our game like crazy winning every 50 50 challenge.

Basically play out of our skins.
I don't even think we have to play out of our skins. We've got a good football team. When on song, we should be confident of beating/drawing against any team at OT.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I don't even think we have to play out of our skins. We've got a good football team. When on song, we should be confident of beating/drawing against any team at OT.
True.

But I remember the last time they were on the verge of winning the league. Came to Old Trafford and just strolled past.

Anyhow.. We will see what happens then.

lysglimt

Scout
I don't want it to happen - but I am more concerned about us raising our game so we can challenge for it next season, or the season after that. And I never thought I would admit this, but I actually prefer them winning to City (after that FFP cheat)

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Would hate to see them win but if they do you just have to bite your lip and say well done. Any team that wins a title without financial doping deserves credit for it even if it’s these guys.

CallyRed

I'll just switch off from football till next year. I'm not really on any social media other than this place so it'll be pretty easy for me.
This.
I'll be avoiding Sky Sports News like the plague. I'll also be giving BBC sport a miss for a couple of months too.
Not on Facebook etc.
I did it after that Ageuro winner and I can do it again

The other thing I'm going to have to cope with is mates and colleagues who are pool fans.

NK86

I will probably be turning in my grave, because I don't think they are winning it before that. Also, I don't intend to roll over just yet.

Kapardin

I have some headache tablets that cause drowsiness and deep sleep as a side effect. You can take a maximum of 8 a day without long term repercussions. Might consider downing 8 and doing a Rip Van Winkle for a stretch till everything dies down.

montpelier

I'm not worried - if City beat them on Jan 3rd, there isn't really any gap & this bedwetting is way premature. In fact, I see the thread is from 2004, :lol:.

I am worried, it'll be fecking grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.