ICC Champions Trophy 2017

kps88

This thread has gone off the rails. India were naturally massive favorites going into the final. All the experts backed them so no real surprise almost everyone here backed India as well. I can dig up a few Pakistan fans on here expecting defeat as well. Pakistan did fantastically well and caused a big upset.

All the posts I've seen from Indian fans have been very graceful in defeat so the attempts to continually gloat or get a rise out of people comes across as one sided. Enjoy the win more than someone else's defeat.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
If this thread proves anything its that pakistani fans would be as arrogant as the indian fans if their team won more.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Translate please?
The guy goes to light fireworks, but the other one says "You don't need these. What we were going to blow, we already have."

In Hindi/Urdu, the word for "blow" is the same as the word for "rip", so they're implying they've ripped the opposition a new asshole.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
This thread has gone off the rails. India were naturally massive favorites going into the final. All the experts backed them so no real surprise almost everyone here backed India as well. I can dig up a few Pakistan fans on here expecting defeat as well. Pakistan did fantastically well and caused a big upset.

All the posts I've seen from Indian fans have been very graceful in defeat so the attempts to continually gloat or get a rise out of people comes across as one sided. Enjoy the win more than someone else's defeat.
I'm trying, but seeing Kohli's dejected face is sexual.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
If this thread proves anything its that pakistani fans would be as arrogant as the indian fans if their team won more.
It's a fierce rivalry so arrogance/pride from fans is alright. The thing about Indian cricket that annoys me more than the fans itself is BCCI/IPL and all of the stuff that goes on there.

As in any sport it is silly to suggest a certain set of fans have certain traits.

Habs

You do know India hasn't won that much more than Pakistan tournament wise right? I am personally not a Pakistan supporter, but I find that there is a lot of arrogance from Indian cricket (from the board to the fans) and it generally makes neutrals support the team against them.

MJJ

Not really, if you have one set of fans that have been beyond arrogant than don't complain when people remind you of the fact.

Other teams have won a lot more than India without being anywhere near as arrogant.

It's one thing backing a team and another to be completely arrogant as was the case here. Yes, we were expecting defeat but that's different than saying that we have no chance and victory was on the bag. If it was the other way around, you would be doing the same so don't complain when somebody does it to you.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
The guy goes to light fireworks, but the other one says "You don't need these. What we were going to blow, we already have."

In Hindi/Urdu, the word for "blow" is the same as the word for "rip", so they're implying they've ripped the opposition a new asshole.
Maybe one of the jokes when you need to know Hindi/Urdu to get the timing right. That lelo tissue was better IMHO

Neelu

You do know India hasn't won that much more than Pakistan tournament wise right? I am personally not a Pakistan supporter, but I find that there is a lot of arrogance from Indian cricket (from the board to the fans) and it generally makes neutrals support the team against them.
In recent history? Dont tell me you would rate the Indian team and Pakistan team of recent years on the same level.

Neelu

Anyway dont really care much about cricket as hockey is our national sport :wenger:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Not really, if you have one set of fans that have been beyond arrogant than don't complain when people remind you of the fact.

Other teams have won a lot more than India without being anywhere near as arrogant.

It's one thing backing a team and another to be completely arrogant as was the case here. Yes, we were expecting defeat but that's different than saying that we have no chance and victory was on the bag. If it was the other way around, you would be doing the same so don't complain when somebody does it to you.
But what is this rivalry if there are no moments like this after a momentous win/spectacular loss? :devil:

kps88

India were massive favourites; if you think that's arrogance then so be it. Some of the people gloating in here right now gave Pakistan no chance as well.

And na I wouldn't do the same. If the team I supported pulled off a great underdog win, my immediate reaction would be to celebrate rather than seeking out the losing team to gloat. Each to their own I guess.

Habs

In recent history? Dont tell me you would rate the Indian team and Pakistan team of recent years on the same level.
Thats not what I said is it? Even in recent history both have 1 T20 WC win each and 1 CT win each. India has no doubt one of the best teams in recent times, and they're amazing to watch. But I find the level of arrogance and hype out of proportion to what the team has actually achieved in its overall history compared to other great teams. In terms of investment wise todays win for Pakistan is like Sunderland beating Manchester, hence the fans should be ecstatic.

Also I am not talking about Indian fans on this forum, just in general.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Looks like some can dish it out but can't take it back in return.

It wasn't just 'confidence' from some of the Indian fans some of the comments were just pure arrogance , and nothing better then seeing people like that with pie in their faces.

shamans

India were massive favourites; if you think that's arrogance then so be it. Some of the people gloating in here right now gave Pakistan no chance as well.

And na I wouldn't do the same. If the team I supported pulled off a great underdog win, my immediate reaction would be to celebrate rather than seeking out the losing team to gloat. Each to their own I guess.
Well it's nice to see team India put back in their place.

Also... top order darlings got wrecked by the pace attack!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm trying, but seeing Kohli's dejected face is sexual.
I thought Virat was very eloquent and made all the right notes in his post-match interview. He didn't look dejected likely due to having had time to digest the loss after losing early wickets.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
:lol: Indian cricket fans and their arrogance.

:lol:
I'm a Pakistan fan lol just got back from the game, what an atmosphere... me and the boys were doing the SUI chant - not sure if it could be heard from TV!

Neelu

It wasn't just 'confidence' from some of the Indian fans some of the comments were just pure arrogance , and nothing better then seeing people like that with pie in their faces.
Quote a post where I dished it out.

kps88

I haven't dished anything out or used the word "confidence" so not sure what you're talking about.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Quote a post where I dished it out.
Exactly, the posts that were made were in response to those people who were dishing it out, funnily enough all have dissappeared now. You should be advising them not to get too cocky in the first place.

prath92

Eh? For one, we have one more World Cup than Pakistan.

shamans

I thought Virat was very eloquent and made all the right notes in his post-match interview. He didn't look dejected likely due to having had time to digest the loss after losing early wickets.
Yeah. Very professional. He knows how to handle a defeat that's for sure. fecking class act of a player tbh but that's why it's fun to gloat.

What's so annoying about Kohli is that he's arrogant and rubs it in when he's playing and he can back it up but when he's losing he's not a cry baby either. A monster of a player....

... but Amir wrecked him today :drool:

Neelu

Exactly, the posts that were made were in response to those people who were dishing it out, funnily enough all have dissappeared now. You should be advising them not to get too cocky in the first place.
Oh i have. In this thread as well. Just dont like the tone of this thread ever since the win. Looks more India and indian fans bashing than praising Pakistan for their performance.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Oh i have. In this thread as well. Just dont like the tone of this thread ever since the win. Looks more India and indian fans bashing than praising Pakistan for their performance.
I think the majority of fans have had good dialogue, it's only the few that were making bold predictions about humiliating Pakistan were getting gloaty responses. Majority of Indian fans on here have been good sports.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Judging Virat's demeanour depends on which team you support.

Neelu

I think the majority of fans have had good dialogue, it's only the few that were making bold predictions about humiliating Pakistan were getting gloaty responses. Majority of Indian fans on here have been good sports.
Guess it may seem arrogant from opposition's pov. Peace out.

Varun

Staff
There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Judging Virat's demeanour depends on which team you support.
I think he is arrogant but it has nothing to do with the quality of opposition or his win expectancy. Its just the way he is and it plays a huge role in his performance. His attitude doesnt change be it Netherlands, Pakistan, Australia and if we played vs the aliens some day, I'm sure he'd still be the same.

MDFC Manager

What was wrong about making bold predictions?