g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

ICC Champions Trophy 2017

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Poor from India and great from Pakistan. There's a real obsession in cricket about wanting to chase all the time, for me on a good pitch you win the toss and bat first and put up a score and then put pressure on your opponents. Its like you're taking the initiative too rather than allowing your opponent to.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Sri Lanka dropping Hafeez and Fakhar getting a reprieve were the major turning points of the tournament. Pakistan winning today the type of unexpected results is what makes the game great.

Congratulations to Pakistan. Enjoy your well-deserved victory.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Have been saying stuff like this on Twitter for 5 years now , first time Pakistan have won and the whole of Pakistan is in my Twitter mentions:lol:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Agreed, can't see us losing if we bowl first. They'll either set a below par score or aim too high and feck up massively.
Come on now. We'd have walloped them either way. Their bowling is bang average.
Feel bad for Pakistan, losing to India once is bad enough but to lose to us twice in the same tournament and that too in the finals is going to be brutal
Looks like there is going to be another chapter added to the most one sided rivalry in sport.
:lol: Indian cricket fans and their arrogance.

And the win in Centurion in 2003 is easily my favourite. Absolutely humiliated you lot.
:lol:

kps88

Poor from India and great from Pakistan. There's a real obsession in cricket about wanting to chase all the time, for me on a good pitch you win the toss and bat first and put up a score and then put pressure on your opponents. Its like you're taking the initiative too rather than allowing your opponent to.
Sri Lanka comfortably chased 320 against India at the very same venue. I'm sure that had a big impact on the decision to bowl first.

Habs

Anyone else feel Kohli's captaincy is pretty average? Didnt take Ashwin off when he was getting hammered, and for some strange reason gave Jadhav an extra over in the 44th when Bumrah had enough overs left.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Even for a side that is routinely unpredictable, even for a team with a long history of starting slowly then making a white-hot charge through a tournament, what Pakistan have pulled off at the 2017 Champions Trophy is some diamond-studded, galactic-scale nonsense.

They have not just defied logic, they have spat in logic's face, questioned the moral inclinations of its parents, kicked it in the shins, put it in a headlock, strangled it unconsciously, then shoved it into the mud and set its trousers on fire.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2017/content/story/1104414.html

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Anyone else feel Kohli's captaincy is pretty average? Didnt take Ashwin off when he was getting hammered, and for some strange reason gave Jadhav an extra over in the 44th when Bumrah had enough overs left.
I think he banked on keeping it tidy with Ashwin and waiting for Pak to crumble as they do. He did fail a few tests today as captain. I think due to India's recent high caliber of players his captaincy isn't getting tested all that well.

Sultan

Would be great if Bangladesh won an ICC tournament. Would do wonders for the country and the advancement of Cricket.

NinjaFletch

If the 2017 Champions Trophy were to have had another two games, Pakistan might be scoring 750 and bowling teams out for negative 12 by the end of it.

Even for a side that is routinely unpredictable, even for a team with a long history of starting slowly then making a white-hot charge through a tournament, what Pakistan have pulled off at the 2017 Champions Trophy is some diamond-studded, galactic-scale nonsense.

They have not just defied logic, they have spat in logic's face, questioned the moral inclinations of its parents, kicked it in the shins, put it in a headlock, strangled it unconsciously, then shoved it into the mud and set its trousers on fire.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2017/content/story/1104414.html
Was just about to quote this :lol:

Just about sums it up.

Habs

I think he banked on keeping it tidy with Ashwin and waiting for Pak to crumble as they do. He did fail a few tests today as captain. I think due to India's recent high caliber of players his captaincy isn't getting tested all that well.
They Indians were treating Fakhar like Don Bradman was batting, really didnt like Ashwin's tactics against him, it let him settle in without any danger of getting out

Sultan

Let us keep the thread civil. Have some banter, but no personal attacks, please.