ICC Champions Trophy 2017

Varun

Staff
Let's not turn this thread into a Political debate. Take it to the CE Forum if you guys are really interested in discussing this.

MDFC Manager

Totally OK for india fans to mock, incite and display arrogance.... this thread has been full of it before today. Not so much fun when you don't have the team to back it up and you get your cumuppence.
I understand the truth is hard to swallow. Suck it up boys.
:lol: brilliant.

Sylar

A wum doesn't threaten a poster over PM and then reports posts about being off topic in a cricket thread only to get in political jibes in the same thread the next day. There are more specific terms to describe such a poster.
Yeah fair. Its been obvious baiting hoping to get a rise by derailing the thread. Shame as its been such a good tournament despite the final not living up to what it should have been.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah fair. Its been obvious baiting hoping to get a rise by derailing the thread. Shame as its been such a good tournament despite the final not living up to what it should have been.
Only if you're an Indian fan, everyone else thought it was great. :)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
A wum doesn't threaten a poster over PM and then reports posts about being off topic in a cricket thread only to get in political jibes in the same thread the next day. There are more specific terms to describe such a poster.
threaten?! Oh kay Then!

PS. What's it like sitting down this morning? Please use a cushion!

Varun

Staff
There's always some special posters in every thread, just like real life. Just have to ignore them as the thread overall has been in very good spirits.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There's always some special posters in every thread, just like real life. Just have to ignore them as the thread overall has been in very good spirits.
Good spirits = when India team fans
abuse all other fans because their team is so dominant.

Not good spirits = when India loses and their fans can't take the kick back.

Last edited:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Not good spirits = when India loses and fans their fans can't take the kick back.
:lol:

Yes, just don't post in the thread when India has lost and posters are in a foul mood. It's only fair, because we own cricket, with BCCI and shit. lol

Varun

Staff

Not good spirits = when India loses and fans their fans can't take the kick back.
Ordinarily, I'd engage in a debate and point out how you've convinced yourself of something that hasn't happened and then tried to justify your idiocy as a response to that but you've proved over the past day that you're not worth engaging in a logical way. I'd rather sit back and wait for the high quality "use a cushion today morning' jibes.

Neutral

BTV
Well this thread is a clusterfeck.

Someone on cricinfo threw out a stat saying Kohli in 8 big final innings has an average of 22 with no 50s or centuries.

That can't be true, can it?

prath92

Someone on cricinfo threw out a stat saying Kohli in 8 big final innings has an average of 22 with no 50s or centuries.

It's true. To be fair I think Sachin would have a pretty similar record too. He was out cheaply in both the wc finals he played.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's true. To be fair I think Sachin would have a pretty similar record too. He was out cheaply in both the wc finals he played.
How many finals did Sachin play in?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
ICC finals just 2 given one CL final in Sri Lanka got washed out.

Sachin had a good record in ODI finals in general before it tapered off towards the end.
Thought so, i would imagine Kohli has played in more.

Gilchrist probably has the best record in finals in recent times.

Neutral

BTV
Really surprised. Seen him play so many crucial innings, tough to think he's struggled so much in finals.

Then again, he has a LOT of time left to get things right.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Really surprised. Seen him play so many crucial innings, tough to think he's struggled so much in finals.

Then again, he has a LOT of time left to get things right.
Kohli's knock in 2011 final was actually pretty crucial for us since his partnership stabilized our innings after the early 2 wickets and did not expose Dhoni/Yuvi early to their pacers. He played a good hand in T20 WC final we lost to SRL before being hampered by Yuvi at the other end. He generally plays well under pressure, perhaps better than any other Indian batsmen over last 2 decades, so I think we wills see big runs from him in finals sooner than later.

kps88

To be fair those stats can be misleading without the context of the game. Off the top of my head, he was top scorer in the rain effected 2013 final and also played a decent knock in the 2011 WC final.

kotha

2nd time hes done that

Did the same - India v Australia when Sachin made 175 in Hyderabad
Was in the stadium that day.. The anger at Jadeja was palpable.. He took the strike off Sachin when he was in such a flow..

kotha

Ah well,had a feeling we would get a spanking.. But that was something else.. Damn..

Hopefully we'll replace Dhoni and Yuvi now.. Overall not a bad tournament.. Didn't think we should even reach the finals considering all the Kohli-Kumble handbags before the tourney even started!

Last edited:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Kohli being rubbish in finals is pure shit. Like most have stated, hes had some important innings in finals. Plus hes amazing under pressure.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
How about Mohammad Amir's bowling spell? Wasn't old enough to watch Akram's '92 spell but is it comparable? Obviously that was in a world cup and swung way more but Amir got much better batsmen out.

MDFC Manager

How about Mohammad Amir's bowling spell? Wasn't old enough to watch Akram's '92 spell but is it comparable? Obviously that was in a world cup and swung way more but Amir got much better batsmen out.
I might be in the minority but I didn't really think Amir's spell was extraordinary. It was a very good one. Fakhar's century was rightly awarded the man of the match IMO.

rotherham_red

I'm Pakistani, but it's Kohli over SRT every day of the week for me...

Both great batsmen, but Kohli has done it much more often in crunch situations than Sachin ever did, and most of Sachin's centuries were stat padding and centuries in drawn tests or inconsequential to the end result of the game. Virat on the other hand, just seems to step it up by a gear or four when India need him to. And in this era of blasters, he's one of the very few along with Root and Williamson, who play proper cricketing shots and rely on touch and finesse... I hate him when he plays against us, but I genuinely love to watch him play against anyone else.

I'd say this is the same among most Pak fans too. SRT was never as well liked or respected for his achievements among us as he perhaps should have been, but Kohli is just a proper gun player, and genuinely special. He'll end his career as India's greatest batsman IMO.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It really wasn't that great. Lazy from Rohit and stupid from Kohli. The ball to Dhawan was great, though. It was a good spell on a flat wicket. And to be fair, Bhuvi bowled a very decent 5 over spell, too, conceding only 10 runs. The spell from Wahab Riaz back in 2015 was comparable to Wasim in 92.