ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What's the world record for highest number of sixes in an innings?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Don't agree with that tbh. Afghanistan have got three stars of the IPL in Rashid, Mujeeb and Nabi. Yes they've underperformed but many people will have expected them to beat Sri Lanka and even claim a bigger scalp.
Disagree with what exactly? Pakistan, WI, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa have been pathetic.

JohnnyKills

Disagree with what exactly? Pakistan, WI, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa have been pathetic.
You start by saying that we shouldn't add any more associate nations and, as evidence, go on to mention a load of teams which aren't associate nations.

What are you saying? That we should kick out Pakistan, WI, South Africa and Sri Lanka?

PoTMS

At this rate, Buttler might not get on. Root needs to accelerate. Every ball must go.

Di Maria's angel

You start by saying that we shouldn't add any more associate nations and, as evidence, go on to mention a load of teams which aren't associate nations.

What are you saying? That we should kick out Pakistan, WI, South Africa and Sri Lanka?
Cricket needs to bloody improve before we start complaining about the lack of exposure for the sport. This might just be the worst tournament I can remember.

JohnnyKills

Cricket needs to bloody improve before we start complaining about the lack of exposure for the sport. This might just be the worst tournament I can remember.
That's a completely different point, but tbh yeah the tournament hasn't been great. Let's hope it kicks on now. Loads of big match-ups from now on.

AshRK

That is why I said the other day that more bilateral series between these part time associate nations and full time ones need to happen. Afganisthan playing 20 odis against Zimbabwe and Ireland will do no good any of them. Just have bigger nations play against them. Icc can easily organize small series so that these nations start playing more and not just thrown out in WC.

PoTMS

15 an over will get 400. Reachable if Morgan carries on unleashing.

PoTMS

Root needs to start dispatching some of these. And he's gone. Buttler time.

Di Maria's angel

That is why I said the other day that more bilateral series between these part time associate nations and full time ones need to happen. Afganisthan playing 20 odis against Zimbabwe and Ireland will do no good any of them. Just have bigger nations play against them. Icc can easily organize small series so that these nations start playing more and not just thrown out in WC.
Which is why I said the CT and T20 tournaments must increase the number of participants. Crickets getting to a point where the games against associate nations are utterly pointless - it generates 0 fanfare and most top teams send their 2nd teams to those series'.

AJ10

This is basically city vs burton, not sure whats impressive here.