ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Love how players blame the sun despite wearing a cap and sunglasses when failing to catch sitters.

Djemba-Djemba

If Roy is out for the rest of the World Cup I'd bring Hales back.

A rusty Hales is still a better opener than Vince or current Moeen.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Going along nicely in face of good Afghan bowling. Maybe time to start upping the rate a little with wickets in hand, test that sloppy field.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Bit surprised at that run rate. Are afghans bowling well then?

Samid

Rashid Khan will quickly become a victim of playing for a rubbish team. Put him in the England team instead of his namesake and he'd dominate the next decade in all formats.

TheGame

Rashid Khan will quickly become a victim of playing for a rubbish team. Put him in the England team instead of his namesake and he'd dominate the next decade in all formats.
Agree, think he would be a big threat when teams are chasing big totals which Afghanistan can't set. Still a quality player though.

PoTMS

England should comfortably get 350 here. Wickets in hand with Morgan and Buttler to come.

Skills

Snitch
Roots on 41/44 with just 2 fours. That's how you anchor an innings with minimal risk

PoTMS

Bairstow gone for 90. Interesting to see if Morgan or Buttler will step out next.

Samid

Crazy to see so many empty seats. Guess the Manchester traffic doesn't discriminate between football and cricket.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Let's hope England promote Buttler.

PoTMS

Shocking fielding from Afghanistan. Dropped catch goes for 4. Next ball goes for 6.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Buttler will be in next surely. He has a terrible record against Rashid Khan anyway.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
As the tournament goes on, I feel like my comments about adding more associate nations being pointless is being vindicated. This tournament, other than the big games, is an utter borefest when watching as neutral. Other than Pakistan beating England, as a cricket fan, none of the other games have been remotely interesting. Eoin Morgan is destorying the best of the associates who, in all honesty, have been a travesty so far.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
@Samid made a great point couple days back about Ireland being better in these conditions and would have done better in the tournament overall than Afghanistan. Given the tournament is being held in England, surely it would have made sense for the Qualifiers to be held there as well instead of in Zimbabwe.

AshRK

@Samid made a great point couple days back about Ireland being better in these conditions and would have done better in the tournament overall than Afghanistan. Given the tournament is being held in England, surely it would have made sense for the Qualifiers to be held there as well instead of in Zimbabwe.
Good point. Never understood why it was held in Zimbabwe.

JohnnyKills

As the tournament goes on, I feel like my comments about adding more associate nations being pointless is being vindicated. This tournament, other than the big games, is an utter borefest when watching as neutral. Other than Pakistan beating England, as a cricket fan, none of the other games have been remotely interesting. Eoin Morgan is destorying the best of the associates who, in all honesty, have been a travesty so far.
Don't agree with that tbh. Afghanistan have got three stars of the IPL in Rashid, Mujeeb and Nabi. Yes they've underperformed but many people will have expected them to beat Sri Lanka and even claim a bigger scalp.