ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Djemba-Djemba

Annoying little cameo at the end from Carey but that was looking like it would be a monster score at one point so I'll take chasing 286.

Unsure if we will chase it like.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
In last 17 overs Oz scored about 110 runs. That's not good enough given they had 9 wickets in hand around that mark.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Strong end by Carey, but England pulled it back well. Aus probably 30-40 short of where they feel they should have ended.

England should have enough in the tank to chase this.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Annoying little cameo at the end from Carey but that was looking like it would be a monster score at point so I'll take chasing 285.

Unsure if we will chase it like.
Absolutely. It could have been anything at 110-0 so we'll take sub-300 all day.

AshRK

Had Aussies shown more intent and a bit of intelligence they could have easily made 320 or even close to 340. I still think ENgland have to bat extremely well to chase this. The SL loss has put extra pressure on them and this 285 could soon look like 320-330 if they don't start well.

Djemba-Djemba

A good start is very important here after the shambles of the last game.

Bairstow needs to survive past his first ball and make a big contribution. Vince will be out for a nothing score sharpish so Bairstow needs to be on his game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Stuart Broad was hyping up Vince a moment ago and how he will smack Starc all around the park :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

It boggles the mind how he keeps getting chances
I honestly don't get it.

You even get all the England pundits, bar Boycott, constantly bigging him up and how it's only a matter of time before he gets a big score.

He's clearly not good enough for international cricket. He's been given chance after chance in all formats of the game for years and he's consistently shit.

It's infuriating.

NinjaFletch

I honestly don't get it.

You even get all the England pundits, bar Boycott, constantly bigging him up and how it's only a matter of time before he gets a big score.

He's clearly not good enough for international cricket. He's been given chance after chance in all formats of the game for years and he's consistently shit.

It's infuriating.
It's because cricket is stuck in the dark ages when it comes to selecting players. Players with 'good techniques' who score feck all runs get selected over uglier players at every level of the game. England have genuinely done quite well resisting that over the past few years in ODI sides, but Vince got runs at a good time to get himself another chance that an uglier player wouldn't have got.

Djemba-Djemba

It's because cricket is stuck in the dark ages when it comes to selecting players. Players with 'good techniques' who score feck all runs get selected over uglier players at every level of the game. England have genuinely done quite well resisting that over the past few years in ODI sides, but Vince got runs at a good time to get himself another chance that an uglier player wouldn't have got.
Do you think this is him done?

I heard worrying rumours they wanted him in the side for the Ashes....

Djemba-Djemba

For 4 years at home we could chase absolutely any total.

And now it's the World Cup and anything over 200 I wouldn't fancy us with :lol::(

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
For 4 years at home we could chase absolutely any total.

And now it's the World Cup and anything over 200 I wouldn't fancy us with :lol::(
Yeah but English fans think ICC championships don't mean anything and it is more important to be ranked World Number 1..

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
PS this why I will never rate Root in the same breath as Kohli, Smith and Williamson.. they're so clutch. With Root you always sense he's gettable to a degree. Still a quality operator but they're a class above mentally.

Sanche7

Almost every team struggles the moment the ball starts to swing. You would expect England and Australia to be better at handling the swinging ball but here they are doubting themselves seeing the ball move

Sanche7

How games do England need to win to get through?
Win one and pray the NRR saves them, win two and are almost certain to go through
Infact if they win just one out of the 3 games left (including this one), they will need more than NRR to save them as mathematically 3 teams can overtake them