ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

AshRK

This Australian batting has surprised me a lot. Never thought they will be doing this well, especially Finch. Having said that they have to be a bit more aggressive and try to play at 6 runs/over. Cannot always leave for late overs.

England's bowling so far in this competition has been really underwhelming. Need to improve or they might be asking from their batters for a lot.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Wood is very underwhelming bowler. Quickish but ugly action and just doesn't wow me in general. He'll probably take a wicket now but in general I'd like to see him show more movement off the deck.

Balljy

Wood is very underwhelming bowler. Quickish but ugly action and just doesn't wow me in general. He'll probably take a wicket now but in general I'd like to see him show more movement off the deck.
Inevitable

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Maxwell is like the new Afridi, hit a few sixes then out.

mav_9me

I don't know how fast he bowls generally but he just bowled a 152 kph ball

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Stoinis taking his good old time to settle in. 1 off 8 right now. Will need to hit big to make it up later on. Oz can screw this up badly if they don't make 300. England will chase anything around 280 with ease.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Bowled Rashid, keep bowling dots to Stoinis all day and watch Smith's head explode at the other end.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Stoinis taking his good old time to settle in. 1 off 8 right now. Will need to hit big to make it up later on. Oz can screw this up badly if they don't make 300. England will chase anything around 280 with ease.
We've heard that before. I agree they should but they found a way to foul it up against a lesser bowling attack the other day.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not sure if the pitch and conditions are really set up for a big chase and England have struggled chasing in the tournament so far. Think Australia have got this with their attack regardless of what score they put up which will be 280+ for sure.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Nice bit of comedy. This innings is looking much less slick now, that's not to say Smith, Carey and even Coulter-Nile could still be very dangerous from here.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
We've heard that before. I agree they should but they found a way to foul it up against a lesser bowling attack the other day.
That was a different pitch. Pak scored 300 here the other day and SA batted poorly otherwise they could and should have gotten closer. Think Oz will struggle to defend anything less than 300

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
That was a different pitch. Pak scored 300 here the other day and SA batted poorly otherwise they could and should have gotten closer. Think Oz will struggle to defend anything less than 300
Fair point on the pitch. I think the Sri Lanka game has rattled me more than it should, I'm worrying about England chasing which has been a great strength of this side for a while.

Moonred

Aussies end game has been incredibly poor. That’s what happens when you have a bunch of openers and one hit and miss lower order batsman.

Sanche7

Wow well done England. Pulled it back very well after the start Australia had. The Aussie bowling isn't great except for their opening bowlers, so if they can just play those two out, it should be a walk in the park for England

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Wow well done England. Pulled it back very well after the start Australia had. The Aussie bowling isn't great except for their opening bowlers, so if they can just play those two out, it should be a walk in the park for England
Behrendorff and Lyon are a step up from Coulter-Nile and Zampa for me. It's obviously not as good as India's attack but it's still pretty decent.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Aussies end game has been incredibly poor. That’s what happens when you have a bunch of openers and one hit and miss lower order batsman.
This. It’s been a theme throughout the World Cup. Openers and smith set them up well, only for the middle and lower order to complete undo the work.

It will be their undoing in the knockouts, assuming they get there.

AshRK

This is not a 320-330 wicket but England have done a very good job of restricting Aussies. Still think it will be a challenging run chase and Roy would be a miss.