ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

NinjaFletch

So I just dug out the scorecard from Brian Lara Cricket 2005:

Huge fan of so many of those, Guisseppi is my favourite though.

Boycott

My favorite was EA Cricket 07. Shocking game in the way it played but was strangely amusing to play for a little bit of time.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
They're not, but they're not 'expensive renovations at every single ground' rich. Lord's are adding 2500 seats at the cost of £50m; it isn't the FIFA World Cup, this tournament simply doesn't make enough cash to carry out building work at stadiums which are often in built up areas. And even if it did it's questionable whether the money is better spent building extensions to grounds that might struggle to sell out rather than spending money on the grassroots. The ECB do lots of things wrong, but building white elephants isn't something you can realistically demand of them.

They did want to play India v Pakistan and England v Australia at West Ham's Stadium, but they couldn't work out how to position the strip to stop the sun blinding the batsman.

Oh, and the counties that actually own the grounds have absolutely feck all money.
I reckon India alone would rake in enough money to fund the renovation of one stadium. Its why the ECB were charging £150 for tickets to the Australia game at the Oval.

Its not the FIFA World Cup but it'll attract huge revenue from broadcasting where you can assume, at worst, most India matches will bring in viewers in 100 millions. What ECB choose to do with the money is their choice.

As a fan, its disappointing that the Oval game was sold out and all they could provide was around 15,000 tickets and that too at an extorniate price.

NinjaFletch

I reckon India alone would rake in enough money to fund the renovation of one stadium. Its why the ECB were charging £150 for tickets to the Australia game at the Oval.

Its not the FIFA World Cup but it'll attract huge revenue from broadcasting where you can assume, at worst, most India matches will bring in viewers in 100 millions. What ECB choose to do with the money is their choice.

As a fan, its disappointing that the Oval game was sold out and all they could provide was around 15,000 tickets and that too at an extorniate price.
Maybe, but that's the issue. India might, and England might too. But beyond that? Can't imagine many Aussies are getting up to watch. So how then do you decide which ground gets renovated? Surrey are by far the most minted county, so counties would (rightly) complain that money is being spent by the ECB on improving the Oval, when counties like Northants are perpetually on the verge of going out of business. Better to spend the money that will be made hosting the tournament (which I very highly doubt is significantly higher than they'd make from a bilateral India tour given that some matches won't make money) on grassroots and growing the game.

As I say, they wanted to use the London Stadium for the two big rivalry games but couldn't make it work.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
Remember you have 3 powerplays per round. I see me and samid activated it for this game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Remember you have 3 powerplays per round. I see me and samid activated it for this game.
I'm going super fours today, bowling machine with Boult+Southee and triple captain de Kock.

Warner(C) and Finch(VC). They are playing afghanistan so figured one of the two will go off big.
Right, remember to activate triple captain on Warner.

Skills

Snitch
Warner(C) and Finch(VC). They are playing afghanistan so figured one of the two will go off big.
I went with De Kock and Amla. Thought I'd get two shots at it with SA playing 2x this round.

Skills

Snitch
What's triple captain? Okay something to do with power plays will look into it.
Basically for 3 matches in each round you can use one of those powerplays.

You can select the matches now - for example like samid said stick triple captain on the Aus match as Warners your captain.

The other two are super fours (you get extra points per boundary scored by one of your players in that game).

And bowling machine (extra points per wicket taken by one of your players).

MJJ

Basically for 3 matches in each round you can use one of those powerplays.

You can select the matches now - for example like samid said stick triple captain on the Aus match as Warners your captain.

The other two are super fours (you get extra points per boundary scored by one of your players in that game).

And bowling machine (extra points per wicket taken by one of your players).
Thanks, its only allowing me to choose freehits for west indies vs pakistan match weirdly

Skills

Snitch
Thanks, its only allowing me to choose freehits for west indies vs pakistan match weirdly
Same.

You're on your phone? I think the site is shit on mobile. I'm sure I could select it for any game when I was on my laptop last night.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Same.

You're on your phone? I think the site is shit on mobile. I'm sure I could select it for any game when I was on my laptop last night.
Think it only allows you to select from matches starting within 24 hours. So you've got to wait a couple of days for the Australia one.

NinjaFletch

Best thing about the coverage is the more frequent use of the fielding radar.

Absolutely nuts to me that we barely see it normally.

paulscholes18

If Roy has a very good World Cup, let’s say average over 50, does he get picked for the Ashes?

MJJ

Think it only allows you to select from matches starting within 24 hours. So you've got to wait a couple of days for the Australia one.
It made me realise I pick nobody from Pakistan vs west indies which was a mistake. Babar will score 80 and one of their all rounders will go off.

Skills

Snitch
It made me realise I pick nobody from Pakistan vs west indies which was a mistake. Babar will score 80 and one of their all rounders will go off.
What's your team name?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Shit. England look shaky here.. Buttler needs to bring it on the big occasion.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Shit. England look shaky here.. Buttler needs to bring it on the big occasion.
They're shaky if they lose Buttler cheaply, but they're going ok at the moment. Stokes has done very well and needs to stay in for big score with Jos.

NinjaFletch

That partnership between Stokes and Morgan was only England's 10th 100 partnership in World Cup history.

NinjaFletch

9th was the 100 between Root and Roy :lol:
Actually, you're right, that was the 10th. This was the 11th.

First time England have ever, and I mean EVER, had more than one hundred partnership in a WC tournament. Managed 1 a tournament before today.