ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
South Africa have to be strong favourites now, pretty well done getting Buttler out without conceding a boundary I think and now an out of form Moeen in now.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Disappointing from Buttler, Stokes will need to go on and Moeen and co. need to be ready to hit the rope.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
They're shaky if they lose Buttler cheaply, but they're going ok at the moment. Stokes has done very well and needs to stay in for big score with Jos.
Could sense Jos was gonna feck it up. I think England have scored too slowly for my liking - that pitch is a 330+ run pitch for a good side.

Good chance still for them to make it but they need to let loose very soon.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They need to have a smaller version of the fielding radar permanently on the screen.

Skills

Snitch
Could sense Jos was gonna feck it up. I think England have scored too slowly for my liking - that pitch is a 330+ run pitch for a good side.
I think 330 is still within reach. Won't even need that much if they get SAs top order early.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Maybe, Vaughan's just talking about the pitch maybe having caught them out a touch this morning. Faf won a good toss by the looks of it.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think 330 is still within reach. Won't even need that much if they get SAs top order early.
I hope so. If this was normal ODI I wouldn’t be worried but England in world cups anything can happen.

NinjaFletch

I think there's a little bit in this pitch tbh. Maybe a 320 pitch rather than the 350 ones we've played on.

Mooen's form is a real worry.

Skills

Snitch
Moeen out. Stokes needs to start hitting big regardles now. No point hanging around with 6 overs left

PoTMS

Fecking Moeen again. Well at least he's out before he drags our RR down any lower.

AJ10

Once again Ali gets out by playing a shot which he really shouldn't.

Typical.

NinjaFletch

Once again Ali gets out by playing a shot which he really shouldn't.

Typical.
Nah, he just didn't execute well. It was a length ball on his pads in the slog overs, if you aren't trying to hit that for four or six then you're doing something wrong.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Nah, he just didn't execute well. It was a length ball on his pads in the slog overs, if you aren't trying to hit that for four or six then you're doing something wrong.
Agreed.

England haven’t really executed their big hits well in this game - lots of mishit shots.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
A partnership here between Woakesy and Stokesy and we're in business still, it won't be easy but our bowlers can make things happen in the second innings.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not sure why that needed a second replay. Was obvious in the first showing.

AJ10

For me Ali shouldn't be hitting the ball in the air unless boundaries are rather short. He simply isn't strong enough to clear boundaries consistently and regularly gets out by trying to hit sixes. Hitting the ball on the floor can still increase run rate and if you're not strong then that should be the way a batsman should play and not give his wicket away as he does regularly.

Just not smart cricket with 8 overs left and Stokes set on the other end.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This has been wonderful bowling from SA. Pitch looks as flat as anything but England have constantly lost wickets at crucial moments. 300 should be chaseable.