ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Changing half your team and captain just before the World Cup isn't the smartest of ideas it seems.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So this reducing the WC to 10 teams to increase competitiveness is working out well then.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

All set here in Bristol :drool: blazing hot day too!

Cloud7

So this reducing the WC to 10 teams to increase competitiveness is working out well then.
That’s one thing I can never decry FIFA for. You can say they’re corrupt and motivated by money or whatever, but at least they attempt to spread the game and make things more inclusive to smaller nations.

The exclusivity that the ICC truly to keep on cricket is appalling, and I can’t see what good it’s meant to do for the game as a whole.

ArmchairCritic

That’s one thing I can never decry FIFA for. You can say they’re corrupt and motivated by money or whatever, but at least they attempt to spread the game and make things more inclusive to smaller nations.

The exclusivity that the ICC truly to keep on cricket is appalling, and I can’t see what good it’s meant to do for the game as a whole.
There's a balance though. All for being inclusive, but on the other hand not a fan of tournaments lasting forever. They have to cram in an Ashes after this too.

EDIT: Just checked, pretty much same length as last world cup, 1 less game, 4 fewer nations, yeah it's crap.

Cloud7

There's a balance though. All for being inclusive, but on the other hand not a fan of tournaments lasting forever. They have to cram in an Ashes after this too.
If you aren’t going to try making a World Cup inclusive to teams besides the same ten teams then when are you going to try making it inclusive?

ArmchairCritic

If you aren’t going to try making a World Cup inclusive to teams besides the same ten teams then when are you going to try making it inclusive?
I agree, I've checked the numbers and this tournament is basically 1 game shorter than the last one. Competitive cricket is a poor excuse, associate nations need exposure to a higher quality of cricket and the extra money is also useful.

MJJ

It's due to the big 3 bs, they want them (particularly india) playing the maximum amount of games they can. Its incredibly short sighted and a power grab but what can you do.

I think the last few icc tournaments have also been held exclusively in big 3 countries and from memory the future ones will be too.

Skills

Snitch
feck sake Afghanistan batting first too. Another low total incoming

AshRK

Boring start to the WC. I hooe afganistan and Bangladesh give some good fight. But quality wise this could turn out to be one of the worst WCs in recent times. Even 2015 had many teams competitive and SL still had Sanga.

ArmchairCritic

Shahzad and Hazratullah is a fun opening pair (cue a duck for both of them).

Skills

Snitch
They should change the rules. The higher ranked team should always have to bat first. feck the toss

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Who the feck is that tajid lad in league. He had lockie Ferguson. Leading the league by 100 points.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can’t wait for SL v Pak... battle of shittiness

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Bangladesh Vs Saffers to follow this tomorrow and then we go to work while England play on 10.30 on a Monday morning. What a well run tournament

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh are all crap. South Africa are iffy. That leaves 5 teams for the 4 places then.

paulscholes18

Bangladesh Vs Saffers to follow this tomorrow and then we go to work while England play on 10.30 on a Monday morning. What a well run tournament
Don’t get why it’s not India vs Bangladesh tomorrow which would have meant that everyone has played once. But India play their first game V SA which is SA 3rd game