ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

AJ10

Channel 4. That was the peak of cricket.

Put the cricket on whilst doing things around the house. Test after test.
Cheers.

Indeed, it was just brilliant. There was just something about it that made cricket even better, sky coverage is just meh imo.

Ashes series was just different class.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Channel 4. That was the peak of cricket.

Put the cricket on whilst doing things around the house. Test after test.
Agreed... I like Sky Sports, but C4's coverage was fantastic.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Why were all those indian/pakistani descent british citizens supporting england when they weren't earlier on ?

They shouldn't be supporting India/pakistan against england. Flip flops

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Why were all those indian/pakistani descent british citizens supporting england when they weren't earlier on ?

Do you know them personally?

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

Because we have ties to two nations. In my case Bangladesh and England.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Because we have ties to two nations. In my case Bangladesh and England.
Quite. I've seen quite a few folk going to England ODI's wearing half and half shirts making their dual cricket loyalty to England/India or England/Pakistan very clear. It's not a rare thing at all.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Quite. I've seen quite a few folk going to England ODI's wearing half and half shirts making their dual cricket loyalty to England/India or England/Pakistan very clear. It's not a rare thing at all.
Especially somewhere like Birmingham which is around 25% Asian, many of them multi generation who could understandably identify with both countries.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I support the West Indians even though I dont have a drop of WI blood in me... except maybe in the right places. :p

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
As a British Indian I get behind England/Britain in every sport, even if I don’t watch that sport I’d want them to win. Cricket is just one sport I can’t get behind them, I just don’t like them for some reason. I even prefer the Aussies

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Especially somewhere like Birmingham which is around 25% Asian, many of them multi generation who could understandably identify with both countries.
I've been wanting both to do well from the start, don't see why it's an issue.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
As a British Indian I get behind England/Britain in every sport, even if I don’t watch that sport I’d want them to win. Cricket is just one sport I can’t get behind them, I just don’t like them for some reason. I even prefer the Aussies
I quite like this cricket team, they play cricket how I prefer. It's the opposite for me I can't actually stand the football team

Cloud7

I support the West Indians even though I dont have a drop of WI blood in me... except maybe in the right places. :p
Welcome brother. There’s always room on the West Indies bandwagon. All aboard to misery and anger :lol:

NinjaFletch

Surely only cricket is daft enough to clash the World Cup final in England with not only one, but two 'crown jewel' events in the Wimbledon final AND the British Grand Prix?

So yay, crickets triumphant return to FTA TV sees half the match on More4 because Channel 4 can't shift the F1 coverage even if they wanted to...

arnie_ni

Surely only cricket is daft enough to clash the World Cup final in England with not only one, but two 'crown jewel' events in the Wimbledon final AND the British Grand Prix?

So yay, crickets triumphant return to FTA TV sees half the match on More4 because Channel 4 can't shift the F1 coverage even if they wanted to...
Should have timed it for Saturday, just poor planning

NinjaFletch

Should have timed it for Saturday, just poor planning
Eh, not sure. Saturday is league cricket day so a lot of your interested audience will be playing.

Just start the tournament a week later. Would have solved the problem with India, too.

dbs235

If Roy and Bairstow can do what they've done for the last 3 games I think England should win. However with England there's always going to be few hiccups. Although I guess I thought that yesterday and it went as plain-sailing as it possibly could have.

Djemba-Djemba

Dharmasena getting the final is a complete joke.

His decision to give Roy out was just atrocious, luckily it didn't really matter in the end, although it denied Roy a certain century in a World Cup semi final and chances like that don't come along often.

However on Sunday one of his usual feckups might cost England or New Zealand the game. Is there nobody else?

We seem to always be stuck with him too.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Its not the military it's a sport. Who cares who anyone supporters and flip flops. Besides , nothing wrong with having a secondary team