ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

TheGame

I love it people are still moaning about the rules even though they have been in place before the tournament. It’s like the bitterness just keeps on showing through. Keep going guys.

Two great sides in the final and what a match. NZ were definitely unlucky. Well done England, actually can’t believe they won it, so pleased!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Its so weird when people "hate" nations. I genuinely don't get it. I've never hated a sporting nation, even the England-Germany rival felt tame. The home nations also didn't feel anywhere near something like United-Liverpool either..
Why hate anything at all? Why do we hate other clubs?

I said it before - its an irrational hate. But England has always been the enemy for me, as an Indian fan. Cant stand them or their players.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Yes. I'm aware.

And my point is that the fact you single Archer out rather than, say, the guy who played for Ireland for six years or Roy, or Stokes speaks volumes.
I've been told to drop now, so I will.

I'm most certainly not a racist, nor do I believe this opinion to be so. I don't think my opinion on this is so crazy. In fact, I started to think about this when, I read an article on the subject by Micheal Atherton.

I mentioned Archer because the ECB changed the qualifying system before the world cup to fast-trackk him. He's just bowled the winning over, so it was relevant. However, I accpect it's a debate for another time. And it was a debate many were having before the tournament.

Since you mention him, I think what Morgen did was wrong as well. Stokes, I have no issue with because he come over here as a young teen and learnt his cricket. The best comparison I can think of is KP. He is a player who in my view should not have played cricket for England. He come over here at 19, and already had his technique formed in South Arfica. He should have played for SA.

Hope that helps clear up my views on the subject.

Kopral Jono

The thing about cricket is you suffer for hours, it’s like torture. Every ball, every run, every over...agony
Well put. I was a mess for the entirety of the run chase, and you wouldn't want to imagine how it was for me during the last few overs and the Super Over. Feck me.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
You mean like it’s a draw in football and they give it to the team who can score the most penalties?
Or when City beat us to the title cause they scored more goals..

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

I'm most certainly not a racist, nor do I believe this opinion to be so. I don't think my opinion on this is so crazy. In fact, I started to think about this when, I read an article on the subject by Micheal Atherton.

I mentioned Archer because the ECB changed the qualifying system before the world cup to fast-trackk him. He's just bowled the winning over, so it was relevant. However, I accpect it's a debate for another time. And it was a debate many were having before the tournament.

Since you mention him, I think what Morgen did was wrong as well. Stokes, I have no issue with because he come over here as a young teen and learnt his cricket. The best comparison I can think of is KP. He is a player who in my view should not have played cricket for England. He come over here at 19, and already had his technique formed in South Arfica. He should have played for SA.

Some fair points.

Personally i think it's too easy to switch in cricket.

Djemba-Djemba

Exactly, we dispatched them easily then went on to thrash the Aussies before showing the world how to win a final with class, grit and skill.
We had to beat India, New Zealand, Australia and New Zealand again in a row to win it.

And they bloody did it, totally deserved over the course of the World Cup.

arnie_ni

What did warne whisper to nasser just right before he said "you cannot tell me that dinesh katik is one the 6 best batters in india".

Sounded like he said shutup Mate

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
After all that excitement, the ashes might turn out to be a let down.
Yeah it probably will but for England the World Cup was much more important. We’ve won the Ashes 3 times in a row at home, the team has been built to win the World Cup.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
We had to beat India, New Zealand, Australia and New Zealand again in a row to win it.

And they bloody did it, totally deserved over the course of the World Cup.
Took great discipline to hold the innings together when things were looking bleak. Stokes never panicked.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I don't really like or follow cricket, but people being bitter when England win at literally anything is always a brilliant laugh.

Hated, adored, never ignored .. that's a United saying right? Maybe England sports teams should nick it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The posters who deem it acceptable to make frivolous accusations of racism should be under threat of warning, not this guy, even if the timing was poor and his point naff!
We all have our own opinions, but with timing of his post he has to expect to get called out on it and questions asked. Had he spoke about all the players in the team who didn't fit his criteria his opinion would have been held in higher esteem. However he singled out the black player, and he's done it at the most peculiar of times, so he's been rightly called out.

For what's it's worth i don't think what he's said is racist, nor are his views. His views are wrong though, it's a topic that shouldn't even be up for debate.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I love it people are still moaning about the rules even though they have been in place before the tournament. It’s like the bitterness just keeps on showing through. Keep going guys.

Two great sides in the final and what a match. NZ were definitely unlucky. Well done England, actually can’t believe they won it, so pleased!
Almost like NZ didn't win the toss on a pitch absolutely tailor-made for their team

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

You missed out a 'k'.

arnie_ni

The moment of the tourney for me was still guptills run out. Think it was helped by Ian Smith being on commentary at the time and i think india would have snuck home otherwise.

On to the golf thread!

Djemba-Djemba

Nothing bitter about the truth. It took a literal fluke for England to lift the trophy for the first time.
Oh grow up.

You've spoken at length about how much you hate the England team and the England players. You've spent weeks making snide comments about England. And you're trying to claim you're not bitter?

Well unlucky, we're World Champions!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
When did you came back posting? Don't tell me it was after the SF game :lol:

That'd be very sammsky like.
:lol: Yup.

If you can be bothered, go back and read my post after India lose ;)

Anyways what a day out at Lords. Cannot explain it!

Hope you are well