ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
So impressed with how Smith and Australia have dug in here. If that was England, would have capitulated by now under World Cup pressure. Run rate is good too.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Coulter-Nile going very well, this is his best ODI score. This has been a decent repair job by Smith, Carey and NCN, and I think if WI can get wickets here then the Aussies can too, it could be a classic if they're defending 280+.

Sanche7

Looks like Australia could score 300+, that would be some recovery

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Small time fans. This holier than thou attitude by these english fans is funny.
I doubt it is just the English fans booing him to be fair. Fact is there was a lot of potentially hypocritical schadenfreude from all quarters when Sandpaper-gate happened.

AshRK

I doubt it is just the English fans booing him to be fair.
Didn't see or hear him getting booed him in IPL. So it could b e more to do with the rivalry and hatred for Aussies in general by the english fans. Not that SMith is very popular in India but booing him after he has already served his punishment is very small time irrespective if it is done by Indian fans or English fans.

FlawlessThaw

Didn't see or hear him getting booed him in IPL. So it could b e more to do with the rivalry and hatred for Aussies in general by the english fans. Not that SMith is very popular in India but booing him after he has already served his punishment is very small time irrespective if it is done by Indian fans or English fans.
Well that is a club competition. Agree though it is small time, but they are bringing it on themselves by making a big deal about it particularly with Langer coming out and asking fans not to heckle him.

AshRK

This Knock and Aussie comeback reminds me a lot of their comeback against Pakistan in 2003 WC when SYmonds went berserk.

FlawlessThaw

288 all out, great recovery for Australia. This will be a real contest.

Fully Fledged

Small time fans. This holier than thou attitude by these english fans is funny.
You realise that when England played the ashes in Australia last time the Australian team went on TV telling the fans to tell their fans to heckle Broad for not walking when the umpire gave him not out in a previous test series.

Australia coach Darren Lehmann has called on fans to make England's Stuart Broad "cry" over his "blatant cheating" in the first Ashes Test.
Broad was criticised for deciding not to walk after edging Ashton Agar to slip via keeper Brad Haddin's gloves.

"I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole [Australian] summer," he said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/23778598

What goes around comes around.

AshRK

You realise that when England played the ashes in Australia last time the Australian team went on TV telling the fans to tell their fans to heckle Broad for not walking when the umpire gave him not out in a previous test series.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/23778598

What goes around comes around.
I am not here defending Aussies. Their fans are even more unbearable and hypocrite bunch but I still think booing Smith today felt small time. And it doesn't matter if it is done by an Aussie or English or Indian, it felt small time.

Fully Fledged

I am not here defending Aussies. Their fans are even more unbearable and hypocrite bunch but I still think booing Smith today felt small time. And it doesn't matter if it is done by an Aussie or English or Indian, it felt small time.
It's payback for the abuse that Broad got in Australia that was instigated by the Aussie team. They didn't boo
Amir when he came back from his ban.

AJ10

How the feck did he give that out? :lol::lol:

That ball was closer to Jamaica than the wicket.

Pathetic Decision.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
If you checked all the balls in an ODI, you will find umpires miss at least 10-20 no balls per innings. Still absolutely pathetic to miss such a big overstep. Though IIRC that ball was called a wide.