ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Touseef

The two most balanced sides in the tournament. World class bowlers and batsmen on display. Can't wait to see how these match ups unfold.
Yeah most balanced maybe. However, overall I'd argue England would be up there as the strongest side (easily the strongest batting).

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Who comes up with those 'game plan' graphics? Apparently India's 'game plan' is to not lose wickets. Groundbreaking stuff.

Old Ma Crow

With the relative lack of depth in India’s batting that’s probably their only plan.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Time to get a move on ffs.

Cloud7

This is the first match I’ve watched this tournament where there hasn’t been anything in the pitch for the bowlers early on.

*I haven’t watched every match

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Really slow start, need to start picking it up.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Good work by the Indian openers, see off Cummins and Starc and go after the rest. There's a huge drop off in quality there

With no swing, Coulter-Nile isn't much use.

Old Ma Crow

Is Nathan Lyons injured or just strategically dropped? I’m hoping that India’s spinners will be the difference on this pitch.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Holy crap. Its done literally nothing since ball 1, why are we so watchful?

We played on similar pitches against Aus a few months back and 350 wasnt enough then.

Sanche7

Nothing wrong with a slow start. We saw yesterday how slow England started off. If this slow start means Dhawan finds some form, it will help India in the long run, even if they end up losing today's match. But, we all know how lethal these two can be if they get into the groove

Di Maria's angel

Nothing wrong with a slow start. We saw yesterday how slow England started off. If this slow start means Dhawan finds some form, it will help India in the long run, even if they end up losing today's match. But, we all know how lethal these two can be if they get into the groove
England went off after 5 overs. All we're doing is building pressure on ourselves.

MDFC Manager

Holy crap. Its done literally nothing since ball 1, why are we so watchful?

We played on similar pitches against Aus a few months back and 350 wasnt enough then.
We'll probably unfairly blame numbers 4,5,6 in the lineup for being not being able to accelerate fast enough

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Why are people surprised? This is how we play. It sometimes puts pressure on lower order to accelerate too much but this is tried and true strategy for us. With 2 spinners I am confident that we can defend 300 + here though ideally we should get at least 330

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Now It's fine but after seven it was 22/0. One dismissal and it'd have been a lot of pressure on Kohli and the rest of batsman.

zing

Zingle balls
Why are people surprised? This is how we play. It sometimes puts pressure on lower order to accelerate too much but this is tried and true strategy for us. With 2 spinners I am confident that we can defend 300 + here though ideally we should get at least 330
Agreed.. I'd be very happy with 100 in 20 and 150 in 30(with 2 or less down).

Di Maria's angel

They've been playing fine from the beginning. Seeing out Starc and Cummins' first spells without a wicket is worth an additional 25 runs.
Guess we'll know when Australia bat. History shows that the par total is 310 - 320 at The Oval.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This has been a masterclass. See off Starc and Cummins, go after the rest. Caf posters just love moaning for the sake of it.

Sylar

Very sensible

Wickets can change this and dent the run rate easily. But they played sensible against the better bowlers and settled

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Scoreboard pressure seems to be a big factor in the World Cup so this is a fantastic start by India here.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Australia's support bowlers are shite and the main reason why they won't win the tournament.

zing

Zingle balls
Australia's support bowlers are shite and the main reason why they won't win the tournament.
They'll be effective when Starc and Cummins take wickets. Coulter Nile is a pretty good bowler - as is Zampa.