ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

JohnnyKills

Great start for India but the problem is they haven't got the power hitters to up the pace from here. If they had a Buttler or Russell they'd be looking at 400.

(i say this hoping that someone comes in and smashes it everywhere!)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Zampa has a very good record against Kohli.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This is 2019, mate. 57 at a strike of 80 is an awful innings. Theres nothing in this pitch.
In this tournament the average opening score is 240. The pitch is slow with variable bounce. There's no movement obviously but it's not a 400 pitch.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
In this tournament the average opening score is 240. The pitch is slow with variable bounce. There's no movement obviously but it's not a 400 pitch.
Maybe I'm just a little worried 300 wont be enough. Bangladesh scored 330 here just the other day.

As for Rohit, if youre going to go that slow, you HAVE to go on and get a big hundred.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I’m with the others here, run a ball is a minimum requirement.

Interval

Level
Maybe I'm just a little worried 300 wont be enough. Bangladesh scored 330 here just the other day.

As for Rohit, if youre going to go that slow, you HAVE to go on and get a big hundred.
Yeah and in the subsequent match both Bangladesh and NZ struggled to get to 250. Rohit played a good inning. Not amazing but a good steady start

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
As I said earlier, you just have to go back 3 months to a series where Australia chased down 350 in our backyard without their best batsmen.
Batting is Aus strength so I think they would be happy to chase around 300. Though India have been bowling well so will be interesting.

Not sure why India batted first their lineup is great at chasing and would put the unbalanced Aussie bowling attack under pressure.

zing

Zingle balls
Rohit played a good innings. It doesn't matter if he got those next 40 runs at 120 or someone else is able to do it because he played a part in setting up a platform. The latter will happen most days.

Interval

Level
What difference does that make? @KM is right, this isn't a 400 surface clearly. The other day people were dissing Roots inning against Pakistan. You have to look at the inning holistically. A partnership of a 100plus at almost 6 is a great start and Sharma played a good part in iit

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Finch does manage his bowlers well, did a great job against WI bringing in his best bowlers for a few overs when required. Lot of other teams just save the block of overs for the end overs.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What difference does that make? @KM is right, this isn't a 400 surface clearly. The other day people were dissing Roots inning against Pakistan. You have to look at the inning holistically. A partnership of a 100plus at almost 6 is a great start and Sharma played a good part in iit
Even Root scored just over a run a ball though.

JohnnyKills

Yep, definitely. They're playing Australia here, not Bangladesh. You have to play the pitch and the opposition.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yep, definitely. They're playing Australia here, not Bangladesh. You have to play the pitch and the opposition.
And playing Australia is exactly why some are worried about the scoring rate. This same Aussie team went from 79-5 to 288 the other day.

Aloysius's Back 3

Cricket has gone down a level for me since the IPL. This has made India virtually untouchable & everyone else plays at a lower level than them.

JohnnyKills

Don't think Rahul will bat here, unless there's a collapse. Will be Yadav or Dhoni next.

JohnnyKills

Cricket has gone down a level for me since the IPL. This has made India virtually untouchable & everyone else plays at a lower level than them.
Don't think that's true tbf. England and Australia are up at the same level and have both beaten India recently.