ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Started yesterday with thunderstorms. Took my umbrella to office and not a drop to be seen anywhere :lol:
Amazing, second Monday of June, when schools open, used to be the unofficial rule to know when it starts. Looks like the rule still works.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Amazing, second Monday of June, when schools open, used to be the unofficial rule to know when it starts. Looks like the rule still works.
There was a circular issued yesterday warning of heavy rains for the coming days and it rained yesterday with lightning and in true Mumbai fashion not a drop today. I am actually wondering why did I even bother with an umbrella :lol:

Interval

Level
There was a circular issued yesterday warning of heavy rains for the coming days and it rained yesterday with lightning and in true Mumbai fashion not a drop today. I am actually wondering why did I even bother with an umbrella :lol:
Even the cabbies/ricks got played. Full day they've been saying no to everyone thinking the rains are here. Not a drop!

Interval

Level
Btw, possibly Stoinis also out of the WC. Next match for sure. So NCN is possibly safe

EDIT: funny how so many are dropping like flies with no cricket actually being played

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
IND Vs NZ seems a right off
and India Pakistan too if we go by the forecast available. ICC will be crying if the India Pakistan match is washed off :lol:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
and India Pakistan too if we go by the forecast available. ICC will be crying if the India Pakistan match is washed off :lol:
Manchester forecast is not that bad. First half would probably get completed in any case.

Fully Fledged

Because we have one every year?

At least if you staged the tournament in mid-late July/early August you'd give yourselves more of a chance.

Also, as others have said, the lack of rest days is ridiculous and some weird stadium choices have been made. Are the matches being held in different parts of the country by stages? If not, it's hard to see why so many games are being held in Wales and the West Country.
This time last year everyone was having barbecues and watching the World Cup in there back gardens. The weather was scorching.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This time last year everyone was having barbecues and watching the World Cup in there back gardens. The weather was scorching.
That summer was a complete abnormality in most of Europe with months of no downpour. Countries that rarely have temperatures over 30 degrees barely had a day with temperatures below 30. This summer is back to the norm.

You're saying the weather can't be predicted months in advance. That's pretty much the reason people want reserve days.

KM

Is there any chance of Aussie Pak happening?

NinjaFletch

That summer was a complete abnormality in most of Europe with months of no downpour. Countries that rarely have temperatures over 30 degrees barely had a day with temperatures below 30. This summer is back to the norm.

You're saying the weather can't be predicted months in advance. That's pretty much the reason people want reserve days.
And so is this one. We've seen enough rain in one week to put June on course for the wettest June on record. Even with reserve days the weather would have played havoc with the tournament.

Day 14: Australia vs Pakistan

KM

Stoinis is more or less out of this match. I'd bring in Behrendoff in place of him and Lyon in place of Zampa.

Looks like Pakistan is playing four pacers.

KM

Would prefer Dhawan to recover but Pant as a replacement doesn't weaken us that much.
It does weaken us quite a lot given Dhawan experience and the fact that Rahul hasn't convinced in ODIs as an opener

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why does Malik keep getting picked? He averages 14 with the bat in England. Pointless cricketer in these conditions.

NinjaFletch

Amir's probed away and caused a few problems. Shaheen bowled like a drain and then all of a sudden Hassan makes it look tough out there again.

Because of that the two commentators have, without any apparent problems, decided that the day was a bowling day, then a batting day, and now a bowling day again in the space of three overs...

KM

It's been a good start but I think four pacers for Pakistan especially when they've got a quality spinner like Shadab.

Decent start by Aussies helped largely by Shaheen.

Skills

Snitch
Amir's probed away and caused a few problems. Shaheen bowled like a drain and then all of a sudden Hassan makes it look tough out there again.

Because of that the two commentators have, without any apparent problems, decided that the day was a bowling day, then a batting day, and now a bowling day again in the space of three overs...
:lol: who is it?