ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Fully Fledged

You've got to wonder what they were doing in the warm-ups haven't you. Probably playing football as per.

Can you imagine United warming up with a game of cricket? FFS.
Probably handball.

Edit: seriously and you are not going to get serious from me for much longer as I'm going through the bears watching the cricket. I think it's probably the cold conditions that have cause the problems. With players standing around then trying to run with no warm up.

Last edited:

JohnnyKills

Rashid came back really well there. Only conceded 28 off his last six overs and 12 of them came off two shots from Russell. Hopefully he can build on that through the tournament now.

AshRK

Never understand a player who can bat takes single off the first ball and have a proper tailender play 5 balls. Liek wtf was Braithwaite thinking here. Having Thomas face a bowler like Archer. It's like their brain stops working.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Never understand a player who can bat takes single off the first ball and have a proper tailender play 5 balls. Liek wtf was Braithwaite thinking here. Having Thomas face a bowler like Archer. It's like their brain stops working.
Sarfaraz against the Aussies springs to mind too

NinjaFletch

Rashid came back really well there. Only conceded 28 off his last six overs and 12 of them came off two shots from Russell. Hopefully he can build on that through the tournament now.
I thought he bowled better than his figures suggest against Bangladesh too.

I think he's on the verge of bowling himself into some form.

NinjaFletch

'Oh feck, this man is bowling 90mph let's go watch this from the non-strikers end'

Cloud7

I hate when they make me get my hopes up, then one or two games later I remember who I support.

Fully Fledged

You guys are clueless. At least watch the replays before criticising the umpires.
We did. It wasn't until they showed the ultra edge that they could prove that it hit the bat. They wouldn't have shown Ultra edge if it didn't prove the umpire right.

JohnnyKills

Wood has been outstanding today. Let's hope he stays fit.

Doubt we'll mess about with the batting too much. I'd open with Root and have Stokes at three.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I hate when they make me get my hopes up, then one or two games later I remember who I support.
Not enough batsmen prepared to stick to the task unfortunately. I think this is easily the best England bowling performance so far but WI didn't help themselves getting in then getting out.

Edit: That's certainly not to say it's game over, the quicks could give England's slightly patched-up order absolute hell on this wicket