ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

NinjaFletch

Great idea!

Though stadium also full of placid passive England fans and way too many vaguely interested corporates.

Not much support or atmosphere being generated from England fans which is very odd. We are currently being outsung by 25 kiwi’s
Game situation init.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Nah, English cricket fans are so boring.

I remember going to Lords 2011 where about 2000-3000 Indian fans made far more noise than the 20,000 English supporters.
We have no interest in creating an atmosphere at lords. It's never been asked for or the case.

Edgbaston or Headingley in the Ashes however...that aint boring.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Am here and there are still quite a few Indians outside stadium trying the sell their ticket at half time.

Going price was £1500 pre game and £500 at innings change.

Game is a sell out many times over, just some ticket holders have not entered stadium. But not sure what ICC can do about that.
That's just wrong. If I could have got a ticket last minute I would have gone, wouldn't pay 1k though. They should have made the return process more simple.

NinjaFletch

I remember going to Lords 2011 where about 2000-3000 Indian fans made far more noise than the 20,000 English supporters.
Well that's caus Indian fans go fecking nuts for a single!

Normally a pretty good atmosphere once everyones got tanked up and the teams doing well.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Well that's caus Indian fans go fecking nuts for a single!

Normally a pretty good atmosphere once everyones got tanked up and the teams doing well.
That's true. Later in the evening, we had some drunk guy throwing paper plates around. Helped that Matt Prior hit a great hundred.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Do NZ have a spinner beyond Santner's attempts?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
We have no interest in creating an atmosphere at lords. It's never been asked for or the case.

Edgbaston or Headingley in the Ashes however...that aint boring.
Good point. Edgbaston 2005 was amazing.

Lords is terrible though - hate the rubbish clapping.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yes, how dare people be stuck in a queue buying food.
It's a bit better now, but still plenty of empty seats scattered around. The stands should be full to capacity in a game of this magnitude.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Unreal bowling performance from the NZ'ers so far. We should be three down.

Dan_F

Probably doesn’t help that the game has been relatively dull so far, but Lords is generally the worst for atmosphere.

Out of interest, does anyone know how much tickets were going for before it sold out? I checked a couple of group games a few weeks before the tournament and the cheapest England ticket I found was over £200 I think.

NinjaFletch

Probably doesn’t help that the game has been relatively dull so far, but Lords is generally the worst for atmosphere.

Out of interest, does anyone know how much tickets were going for before it sold out? I checked a couple of group games a few weeks before the tournament and the cheapest England ticket I found was over £200 I think.
Bronze £95
Silver £195
Gold £295
Platinum £395

There was a few restricted view ones as well which were all around £30-£40 cheaper than the rest of the price bracket.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
NZ have been unlucky. Bowled some terrific stuff.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Agreed with this!

Pakistan played Bangladesh in a dead rubber at Lords 10 days ago and even tough stadium was only 75% full, their fans generated a very loud, happy carnival type atmosphere for 8 hours.

This is the World Cup final!!! Very strange odd feeling not being encouraged to be loud!

Oops. Root out!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Another wicket will make this very interesting