ICC World T20 2016

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Virat is not only a class act but is coming of age. MS coming in was a massive boost to Virat in keeping him patient.

VP

Kohli > Tendulkar surely..at least in limited overs. For all of Sachin's records, he rarely got us out of the shit this way.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Piss off Mitchell Johnson :lol:

I'm out of words. He's the best limited overs batsman of all time.
Big call. Can't agree with it right now. Viv Richards along with the rest of golden generation of West Indian cricket would've destroyed everything in sight on these pitches and all the batsmen friendly conditions and rules.

Though if he keeps going like this, he'll be there or thereabouts admittedly.

NK86

We someone else to turn up for that to happen. Kohli can't keep doing this very match surely?
Basically this. Out of the top 4, only Virat has fired. Cannot believe Raina and Dhawan have still held onto their spots. I will drop Dhawan and bring in Rahane right away. Cannot be any worse than what Dhawan has done so far.

zing

Zingle balls
We lost by 47 runs against NZ and the way we have played we are just one Kohli early dismissal away from losing any game.
imo he'll get support from the toher end.. they can't keep making 10s and 15s every game.. they're decent players. Rohit and Dhawan.

Wouldn't expect anything more from Yuvraj or Raina they way they're playing

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
We lost by 47 runs against NZ and the way we have played we are just one Kohli early dismissal away from losing any game.
We someone else to turn up for that to happen. Kohli can't keep doing this very match surely?
Yes other batsmen are living off Kohli's glory but still on home conditions we start as favs. Need to drop either Rohit or Dhawan though.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
imo he'll get support from the toher end.. they can't keep making 10s and 15s every game.. they're decent players. Rohit and Dhawan.

Wouldn't expect anything more from Yuvraj or Raina they way they're playing
Yes other batsmen are living off Kohli's glory but still on home conditions we start as favs. Need to drop either Rohit or Dhawan though.
Need to drop one of Raina and Yuvaj first and get Rahane in.

NK86

Kohli > Tendulkar surely..at least in limited overs. For all of Sachin's records, he rarely got us out of the shit this way.
People have really, really short memories when I see statements like that. Have people forgotten Sharjah when Sachin single handedly won us matches and the tournament against am Aussie side which were far, far superior to the current one. That is just one example off the top of my head.

kps88

In this form, the opposition should just always opt to bowl first no matter what the conditions are like.

crappycraperson

Scout
Think you are short changing his Sharjah innings here. In first one he single-handedly got us to qualify for the finals. And then followed up with another ton in the finals. Both times we were chasing 270+, which was equivalent of 320 or so nowdays in 50 overs.

NK86

Think you are short changing his Sharjah innings here. In first one he single-handedly got us to qualify for the finals. And then followed up with another ton in the finals. Both times we were chasing 270+, which was equivalent of 320 or so nowdays in 50 overs.
People have really, really short memories when I see statements like that. Have people forgotten Sharjah when Sachin single handedly won us matches and the tournament against am Aussie side which were far, far superior to the current one. That is just one example off the top of my head.
:)

JayWalker

Ball Spotter

I'd agree with this. Didn't Tendulkar play with a lot of shit around him too?

Also, the bowling in recent times is nothing compared to the likes of Donald, McGrath, Akram, Younis etc.

The Man Himself

Tendulkar for a long time carried way shitter team than Kohli has. There was no Dhoni at end and before Dravid-Ganguly came in and settled there was no proper top order support as well.

crappycraperson

Scout
Yeah. People take for granted how he dismantled Warne on a generally spin friendly Sharjah pitch.

Kohli is absolute top class and generally plays better than Sachin under pressure. But you have to take into account that the quality of team Sachin played through the majority of his career was inferior to anything we have now. The whole team set up was not as professional as it is now days. And no Indian player will ever have the same amount and kind of pressure Sachin had.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Stop comparing Virat with Sachin. 20/20 is a different game. I'm sure Sachin would have adapted to a higher level had this format had been played earlier in his career.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's probably already won as many matches for us as Sachin did. Saying anyone is better than Sachin is sacrilege here but I'd say he's right up there If he keeps this up by the time he finishes up if not better.

This was Kohli's Sharjah movement.

crappycraperson

Scout
Tendulkar for a long time carried way shitter team than Kohli has. There was no Dhoni and before Dravid-Ganguly came in and settled there was proper top order support as well.
Yeah and even Ganguly took a lot of time to settle into a top ODI player. Dravid took even more.

NK86

I'd agree with this. Didn't Tendulkar play with a lot of shit around him too?

Also, the bowling in recent times is nothing compared to the likes of Donald, McGrath, Akram, Younis etc.
I won't call that Indian side shite but there is no clear dominant side in world cricket now. That Australian side were the absolute best and they would trounce any side in world cricket now.

crappycraperson

Scout
Errrm you've already lost to NZ and got out of jail against Bangladesh. Amazing how cocky fans can get after 1 game.
It is not a question of quality, just that with momentum behind us and on home conditions, we will start as favs and rightly so. We face Windies next, who are dependent on Gayle themselves when it comes to scoring big runs.

Djemba-Djemba

Errrm you've already lost to NZ and got out of jail against Bangladesh. Amazing how cocky fans can get after 1 game.
And it's basically been one Player carrying them through the tournament.

If he fails then India are in big big trouble. Not that Kohli looks like failing anytime soon...

NK86

Stop comparing Virat with Sachin. 20/20 is a different game. I'm sure Sachin would have adapted to a higher level had this format had been played earlier in his career.
Another very important point people miss. Obviously 20-20 is tough too but here one big over and the game changes on its head. Not the case in 50-50 where there are a lot of changes in fortune and you need far more up your sleeve to succeed. Although in this version of the game, Virat is the best right now.

MDFC Manager

Tendulkar played alongside some genuine shite. Kohli tbf has fairly talented guys around him, who are currently shit.

NK86

And it's basically been one Player carrying them through the tournament.

If he fails then India are in big big trouble. Not that Kohli looks like failing anytime soon...
Get out of here with your logic! It is our moment now :D

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Zaheer Khan voice is quite girly. That makes me very unhappy.

NK86

I hope you lot get through against New Zealand so that we can tonk you. :)

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Another very important point people miss. Obviously 20-20 is tough too but here one big over and the game changes on its head. Not the case in 50-50 where there are a lot of changes in fortune and you need far more up your sleeve to succeed. Although in this version of the game, Virat is the best right now.
Have you seen his record in ODI's?

Kohli is a better match winner than Sachin in ODI's as well. And yes I saw Sachin at his best.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Tendulkar played alongside some genuine shite. Kohli tbf has fairly talented guys around him, who are currently shit.
There's also a lot of other components here, Tendulkar used to open the innings, which imo is tougher than coming down the order. Not to disservice Kohli in anyway, he's as clutch as they come but I don't think there's a comparison between the two at the moment. Kohli is on his way to one though which is what Indians should be relishing.

Boycott

Tendulkar assumed ODI greatness by 2000 in a bowler dominating era surrounded by mediocrity. Kohli has good support cast, they're just out of touch right now.

NK86

Have you seen his record in ODI's?

Kohli is a better match winner than Sachin in ODI's as well. And yes I saw Sachin at his best.
Well I saw our last few ODIs where we were tonked by Australia. Not deriding Virat but there is no team around who have the same caliber of players like that Australian side.

The Man Himself

Yeah. People take for granted how he dismantled Warne on a generally spin friendly Sharjah pitch.

Kohli is absolute top class and generally plays better than Sachin under pressure. But you have to take into account that the quality of team Sachin played through the majority of his career was inferior to anything we have now. The whole team set up was not as professional as it is now days. And no Indian player will ever have the same amount and kind of pressure Sachin had.
Ya, was going to add this. Right from his younger days, Sachin carried a Billion people's expectations. The expectation when he used to come to bat and the shush when he got out was something else. At least till now, same pressure is not put on Kohli.

If there has to be one example of expectation from Sachin I recall reading an incident after the final match of Natwest trophy in 2002 in England which Yuvraj-Kaif won it against all expectations. When Kaif's family was asked about his heroics and how they felt, they answered, "When Sachin got out, we switched off and went for movie!" :D

prath92

No idea why Zampa was stopped after 2 overs. They should have got at least 3 from him and earlier so that there is room for error from death bowlers given Maxwell, the 6th bowler had already bowled 2.
Smith just panicked. He thought with the players of spin, he would kill them with pace. Of Faulkner and NCN mind you.