Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Treble

We look a far more mature side and this is the best and most balanced we've been at any point in the PL era, so I'm finding it hard to complain and surprised so many are when are on the same points as the leaders (we were 12 points behind at the same stage last year).
That's a premature statement. You won 86 pts season 08/09 and 84 pts season 13/14. It's not a given that you are going to beat that. Personally I think it's probable. My prediction: you are going to win between 85 and 88 pts.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You're comparing our form now to the team that finished last season and that's ridiculous, compare them to this time last season, we've scored more goals so far this season compared to this time last season, this time last season we had already lost to Newcastle, Watford, WBA, City and Spurs, we didn't really start to show our attacking fluency until January,
We'd dropped points to Newcastle, WBA and Newcastle but didn't lose to them did we?
We look a far more mature side and this is the best and most balanced we've been at any point in the PL era, so I'm finding it hard to complain and surprised so many are when are on the same points as the leaders (we were 12 points behind at the same stage last year).
It's more an observation based on how I think we're playing. Yesterday we looked slow and sloppy all over the pitch and it's not the first time I've felt like that this season.

The defense has improved but I'm hoping we've got a higher level in us. City look like clear favourites.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
We'd dropped points to Newcastle, WBA and Newcastle but didn't lose to them did we?

It's more an observation based on how I think we're playing. Yesterday we looked slow and sloppy all over the pitch and it's not the first time I've felt like that this season.

The defense has improved but I'm hoping we've got a higher level in us. City look like clear favourites.
Your'e right we didn't lose them but we didn't win them either, games we should be winning, this season we are winning them tpes of games.
Mate you need to think back to how we we're playing this time last season, we we're awful, we we're already out of the Title race, if we we're playing like we are and losing games it would be a massive concern but we're not, when our attack does kick in and it will, i would rather us be level on pts with City than 12 pts behind them like this time last season.

Last edited:

Treble

Mate you need to think back to how we we're playing this this time last season, we we're awful, we we're already out of the Title race, if we we're playing like we are and losing games it would be a massive concern but we're not, when our attack does kick in and it will, i would rather us be level on pts with City than 12 pts behind them like this time last season.
And the initial point he is making is that when your attack kicks in, your defence might become suspect again. It's far from guaranteed that when you start to score more you'll continue to be defensively solid.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
And the initial point he is making is that when your attack kicks in, your defence might become suspect again. It's far from guaranteed that when you start to score more you'll continue to be defensively solid.
Why would the defence become suspect just because the attack kicks in ?, our defence has the best defensive record in the league since the end of last year and we haven't conceded a goal at Anfield since Febuary and this was when our attack were scoring for fun, so why would they suddenly fall apart ?.

Treble

Why would the defence become suspect just because the attack kicks in ?, our defence has the best defensive record in the league since the end of last year and we haven't conceded a goal at Anfield since Febuary and this was when our attack were scoring for fun, so why would they suddenly fall apart ?.
Look at United, we had the best defensive record last calendar year or so and now we cannot defend to save our lives. Things can change quickly, linear progress is far from given. If you were told that you were going to struggle in attack and score just 1 goal in the last 3 games, you wouldn't believe it. Why would the best attack in the world struggle, it doesn't make sense. Well, you are struggling in attack now and looked pathetic against Huddersfield of all teams.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I just can't wait until Firmino and Salah learn to play basic football again. Once they're back doing their usual business the lack of Coutinho or Ox won't be such a big discussion point.

Charles Miller

They looked bad by their recent standards in the last games i watched despite the results. Some players are underperforming in the moment.

Jojo <3 Mou

They looked bad by their recent standards in the last games i watched despite the results. Some players are underperforming in the moment.
Yeah, I've not been impressed by them recently. I thought Huddersfield really deserved the points yesterday.

They have been getting good results throughout their "rough patch" which is important because form will come and go throughout a season.

montpelier

A solid defence could be just making the team not have to force things quite so much.

Like they will know a 2-0 lead means that the game is over, that they can likely hold a 1-0 lead while loking to score another rather than chasing it becuase they feel they have to.

As a factor in there somewhere, for the home games say, they become more like routine victories.

Thing is though, the free-scoring mob were also drawing games through mysteriously not scoring at times (those home draws) - so that's been got rid of too, it would seem, pre dating the proper orgy of goals maybe, that might have been, I don't follow so closely to have the exact details on recall.

Bigfoot Klopp might be trying to conserve energy for later in the season if it's a conscious tactical thing.

I wish it would stop anyway, :). VVD's ribs must be getting really sore, all these injections. And doesn't Moreno need a runout just in case he's needed** for a crunch game at some stage.

**no alternative can be found anywhere

Congus

Supports
Liverpool
After 9 games last season, we scored 14 and conceded 16. This season we're 16 and 3. I think we've definitely sacrificed some attacking intent and crazy pressing for more defensive solidarity.

Premier League goals conceded since VVD debut;

Liverpool 16
City 17
Spurs 22
United 28
Chelsea 29

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
That's a premature statement. You won 86 pts season 08/09 and 84 pts season 13/14. It's not a given that you are going to beat that. Personally I think it's probable. My prediction: you are going to win between 85 and 88 pts.
That's why I said 'we look' and not 'we are'.

But the signs are decent, especially when you consider we've had the toughest start of any top 6 side. Still improbable that it's enough to beat the City behemoth.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Coincidence that their attack has declined ever since Professor Snape left?
Aren’t we better off than the same stage last season? Pretty sure we’ve scored more or a similar amount of goals?

It’s our joint strongest start to a PL season so I can’t complain too much.

We need something more in midfield though.

CognitiveNeuro

Got owned by Emery today.

Guy has no clue when it comes to subs, like ever. Also their recruitment has been top notch with the exception of.....Fabinho. He has been awful from the first game in pre-season against Man Utd. Why does he look so slow all the time and clueless?

AshRK

Not a huge fan of klopp but have to say like pep did last season atleast klopp is starting to give respect to opponents especially in big games and not just pressing for the sake of it. He is finally starting to be pragmatic in games which is very much needed if you are to win trophies. I still don't think liverpool will win the league but I wouldn't be complaining about klopp too much if I were a liverpool fan just because he is compromising the attack. Pep also did it effectively last season and it yielded him the results.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fabinho isn't a Klopp player imo. Does that look like he has anywhere near the e ergy levels Klopp demands.

Treble

Not a huge fan of Klopp but have to say like pep did last season atleast Klopp is starting to give respect to opponents especially in big games and not just pressing for the sake of it. He is finally starting to be pragmatic in games which is very much needed if you are to win trophies. I still don't think Liverpool will win the league but I wouldn't be complaining about Klopp too much if I were a Liverpool fan just because he is compromising the attack. Pep also did it effectively last season and it yielded him the results.
City scored 106 goals, not sure what's your point.

Liverpool scored 84 goals last season which was very good but nothing really special. The myth that their attacking play is comparable to City's was born on the back of several big wins in the CL but doesn't find much support in terms of league performances.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Liverpool scored 84 goals last season which was very good but nothing really special. The myth that their attacking play is comparable to City's was born on the back of several big wins in the CL but doesn't find much support in terms of league performances.
I’m going to make a thread on the absurdity of the word “pragmatic” as it is used on the Caf.

AshRK

Point is they became more solid defensively also. Pep stopped attacking for the sake of it and improved his side's defensive play also. Compare pep's first season to second, he became more smarter. Best example could be the Chelsea away game, 1-0 and closed the game. Pragmatic does not automatically mean boring ( which dont know why many feel like that). Anyways point is Klopp , this season has also done the same, giving equal if not more importance to defending aspect as well and not just attacking and giving spaces to the opponent sides for the sake of it.

Treble

Currenly Liverpool are on course to 93 pts and a GD of 72-17.

Jose's Chelsea 04-05 won 95 pts with a GD of 72-15.

Given their not too impressive attack and defensive solidity, they look more like a Jose team right now.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Gegenpress all the way to the final.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Can anyone tell me what when through his mind when he decided "oh,I know who will change the face of the game, I need ORIGI!".

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
The BBC website just quoted this:

Klopp has been here for three seasons and has not won anything. he's lost every final he's been in, and managers are losing their jobs for much less. Questions must be asked.
Oh yeah. Questions should be asked. Klopp out!

I know it's just some daft comment on Twitter, but honestly modern football fans say the most stupid things.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I have started to see more and more of Klopp lookalikes than I ever did before, they almost always seems to be dads to.

I think the world is trying to tell him something.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
He's broken the attack. The defense is better but if we're having a bad night we haven't got anything up top to get us out of trouble any more.

We're probably going out of the CL unless some sort of divine intervention takes place.

I used to like how he set our midfield up but there's a severe lack of ball playing quality in there. Energetic workers are great if they're accompanied by players who can control a game and play the ball around.

Little bit concerned that we're in November and the attack isn't clicking still.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I used to like how he set our midfield up but there's a severe lack of ball playing quality in there. Energetic workers are great if they're accompanied by players who can control a game and play the ball around.
I haven't caught any of your games this season. I thought you guys had that aspect of the midfield covered this season tho with the 100m you spent on Fabinho and Keita. Why are you guys not playing them?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I haven't caught any of your games this season. I thought you guys had that aspect of the midfield covered this season tho with the 100m you spent on Fabinho and Keita. Why are you guys not playing them?
Keita did his hamstring, and Fabinho has been useless.

montpelier

it's more that the group is wide open than Liverpool are going out

they'll need a win in one of the games though I think it is

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's broken the attack. The defense is better but if we're having a bad night we haven't got anything up top to get us out of trouble any more.

We're probably going out of the CL unless some sort of divine intervention takes place.

Little bit concerned that we're in November and the attack isn't clicking still.
Salah failing to repeat the heroics of last season clearly doesn't help the issue.