Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Vanrouge

Yep.. and he's a mod. Work that one out.
That's probably why he thinks he can get away with trolling United fans constantly. The thing is, I for one love the mix of fans on here, and would never want it to turn into a United echo chamber, but rival fans need to remember this is still a United forum and be respectful of that. Dissent is fine, but wumming (or trolling) is not.

Vanrouge

Been discussed before, of course, but re: that great Liverpool vintage, it's a question of context and degrees, unsurprisingly. Great team (obviously) but a bit dull, lacking some callitwhatyouwill - magic - compared to other teams in that category. Just being in said category is special, though, so this shouldn't be taken as a slight.

An apt parallel might be Keegan: Great player, won two Ballons (very nearly three), but doesn't really cut the mustard compared to other multiple Ballon winners - he lacks something in terms of truly extreme, eye-catching qualities.

Liverpool were a very impressive machinery without being a team which made you sit back in sheer amazement.

BTW, I agree with the comment above: The late 80s team with Barnes (and Beardo) were great to watch at times - though I never properly enjoyed watching them (but that was the rivalry, not the quality of the football).
This is the best post on this topic. Fully agree.

TheReligion

Abusive
That's probably why he thinks he can get away with trolling United fans constantly. The thing is, I for one love the mix of fans on here, and would never want it to turn into a United echo chamber, but rival fans need to remember this is still a United forum and be respectful of that. Dissent is fine, but wumming (or trolling) is not.
Agreed. I once had the audacity to have a dispute with some oppo fans who were trolling in the United forum. It seems we are far too left wing on this sort of problem now and if anyone dare challenge an oppo you're ostracised and told you're acting like RAWK.

As you said banter in the football forum is good but when the place has Football Association style double standards you begin to feel like Jose Mourinho.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
You know that everyone could play that way right? It wasn't exclusively the Liverpool back pass rule.
For feck sake Klopper, it was clearly a joke. Not like you to bite, unlike the other halfwits.

Rules is rules and Liverpool were the best under said rules.

Similarly, if they abolished offside tomorrow, Inzaghi could come out of retirement and win the treble for someone.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That raises as many questions about Phil Dowd as it does about anything else.
Just tells you what everyone knows. Refs aren't fair. Everyone knows that seasoned Englishmen get lenier treatment from the refs. Young players that come on as subs get no chance.

Also shows that in incidents such as this there should be a motive of challenging, either during the game or after the game by the FA. This "ref dealt with it so we can't do anything about it" bullshit needs to stop.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
For feck sake Klopper, it was clearly a joke. Not like you to bite, unlike the other halfwits.

Rules is rules and Liverpool were the best under said rules.

Similarly, if they abolished offside tomorrow, Inzaghi could come out of retirement and win the treble for someone.
You caught me out although it was early(ish) morning in my defence.

I'd probably take Inzaghi over Sturridge right now based on what the latter is serving up.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Was expecting Klopp to be charged with improper conduct following his tirade against the fourth official yesterday but I see no action will be taken. The double standards from the media and the FA are shocking. It's almost a cliché but if it was Mourinho he'd have been sent off and hung out to dry.
The reasoning that I've seen so far (mostly from Liverpool fans) is that he didn't physically touch him or swear and also apparently Swarbrick didn't care that much.

It's just double standards and inconcistency as usual. Rooney gets banned for swearing at a camera (who was that hurting, really?) but can tell the ref to feck off every game and they don't care.

What it boils down to is that the refs have complete authority at the time and since he wasn't sent off the FA can't do anything about it. Just messed up rules that have been heavily exposed as awful in every match day of football. The archaic executives won't do anything to change that however, despite the evidence of how effective the goal line technology and spray cans have been. In both those instances the similarities is consistency. When there's consistency like that no one can complain. But what we have now is ref in one game getting headputted by a player one game and doing nothing and in the other giving a red card because he shirt was lightly tugged. It's infuriating is what it is.

Vanrouge

Agreed. I once had the audacity to have a dispute with some oppo fans who were trolling in the United forum. It seems we are far too left wing on this sort of problem now and if anyone dare challenge an oppo you're ostracised and told you're acting like RAWK.

As you said banter in the football forum is good but when the place has Football Association style double standards you begin to feel like Jose Mourinho.
Yeah, it has to be balanced. And without getting too territorial, it's still our turf. I mean, it's genuinely a good thing to be welcoming, especially when we end up with the likes of Klopper76, but we don't need to go in the opposite direction and treat all rival fans as precious snowflakes (to use an unfortunate term in the current political climate).

sugar_kane

I'm glad Jose is calling out the hypocrisy of the officials on the "passion" quote, even though it will no doubt land him in trouble.
Klopp apologised after shouting in Swarbrick's face during the second half of Tuesday's match at Anfield, and said the official told him: "No problem, I like your passion."

Former Chelsea boss Mourinho, who had earlier walked out of a BBC TV interview, said: "Yesterday a fourth official told a manager: 'I enjoy very much your passion.' Today, I am told to sit down or I am going to be sent to the stand."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38836249

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If the opposite happened here Klopp would be accused of being bitter and obsessed.

But hey...
What Jose said was correct. Refs shouldn't be saying "I like your passion", they are there to enforce the rules, not to make friends. Carragher even said how he got away with red card incident because he knew that ref.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
What Jose said was correct. Refs shouldn't be saying "I like your passion", they are there to enforce the rules, not to make friends. Carragher even said how he got away with red card incident because he knew that ref.
I can't believe I'm having a debate about the craft of influencing refs on a United forum.

Anyway...

It's rabidly denied on here, but there's no escaping the the fact that Klopp has a personality and lightness of touch that offers him leeway. It's obvious that Klopp has extremely good people skills. He may very well be sweetening refs in corridors before a matche etc. It's all part of the art of management. Jose (a superb manager) doesn't have those softer skills to the same extent. He also has a litany of bad behaviour as a backdrop. Whereas Klopp's backdrop is far more positive. Even when he's being "naughty" there's still a notion of charm about it. What I mean is that he's comedic in his antics and expression. I'm sure I'll get pelters on here for saying that but many outside of the rivalry would agree.

There's a strong argument to suggest that Jose is paying the consequences of being pretty damn unpleasant to officialls for the best part of a decade. Prejudice against him may not be overt but officials may subconsciously perceive him differently.

Is that entirely fair? Probably not. The bottle incident was a technicality (breached a law) rather than it being truly unfair. Harsh but not totally unreasonable if the letter of the law is kept to.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I can't believe I'm having a debate about the craft of influencing refs on a United forum.

Anyway...

It's rabidly denied on here, but there's no escaping the the fact that Klopp has a personality and lightness of touch that offers him leeway. It's obvious that Klopp has extremely good people skills. He may very well be sweetening refs in corridors before a matche etc. It's all part of the art of management. Jose (a superb manager) doesn't have those softer skills to the same extent. He also has a litany of bad behaviour as a backdrop. Whereas Klopp's backdrop is far more positive. Even when he's being "naughty" there's still a notion of charm about it. What I mean is that he's comedic in his antics and expression. I'm sure I'll get pelters on here for saying that but many outside of the rivalry would agree.

There's a strong argument to suggest that Jose is paying the consequences of being pretty damn unpleasant to officialls for the best part of a decade. Prejudice against him may not be overt but officials may subconsciously perceive him differently.

Is that entirely fair? Probably not. The bottle incident was a technicality (breached a law) rather than it being truly unfair. Harsh but not totally unreasonable if the letter of the law is kept to.
Whatever you said is maybe true but the fourth official saying "I like your passion" when the manager shouted at his face is very worrying.

Last edited:

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City

Anyway...

Not sure about that mate - I think Klopp is getting on the tits of us non-United fans as well because we're actually seeing that he isn't just this nicey nicey bloke all the time - the persona we were spoon fed when he was Dortmund manager - and he has a nasty streak in him that sometimes comes to the fore when things don't go the way he wants.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Not sure about that mate - I think Klopp is getting on the tits of us non-United fans as well because we're actually seeing that he isn't just this nicey nicey bloke all the time - the persona we were spoon fed when he was Dortmund manager - and he has a nasty streak in him that sometimes comes to the fore when things don't go the way he wants.

You're a direct rival as well tho and your judgement is probably influenced by that. Its the same with us and Pep - still like the guy but nowhere near as much as when he was at Barca.

Klopp was never a "nicey nicey bloke" - just look at him on the sidelines with Dortmund at times. If anything he was even wilder then. Don't think Klopp is nasty tho - wild, passionate, a bit crazy and OTT at times absolutely, and I can see (and love) how that would piss off rival fans.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
You're a direct rival as well tho and your judgement is probably influenced by that. Its the same with us and Pep - still like the guy but nowhere near as much as when he was at Barca.

Klopp was never a "nicey nicey bloke" - just look at him on the sidelines with Dortmund at times. If anything he was even wilder then. Don't think Klopp is nasty tho - wild, passionate, a bit crazy and OTT at times absolutely, and I can see (and love) how that would piss off rival fans.
True enough but I was thinking more of the United/Liverpool rivalry. You've got a point though - if we weren't challenging alongside Liverpool, I'd probably give less of a toss about his antics. As a casual observer from England though, I wasn't aware that he had those less palatable traits to him when he was at Dortmund.

JustJackTheLad

Still unsure how he got away with screaming in the fourth officials face. If i was Mourinho i'd do the exact same thing in a few weeks just for sh*ts and giggles to see if i got fined or not.

That could be a bad idea.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
True enough but I was thinking more of the United/Liverpool rivalry. You've got a point though - if we weren't challenging alongside Liverpool, I'd probably give less of a toss about his antics. As a casual observer from England though, I wasn't aware that he had those less palatable traits to him when he was at Dortmund.
20 seconds in

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Still unsure how he got away with screaming in the fourth officials face. If i was Mourinho i'd do the exact same thing in a few weeks just for sh*ts and giggles to see if i got fined or not.

That could be a bad idea.
He should, shout the same thing and apologise straight away, just to point out the double standards.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Keown stuck the boot in on BT Sport when Hull scored their second :lol:

Called him a motivator and not a tactician.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Normal One win in 10 games.

Man-United

They will now be so fresh though. 2 games in 28 days. That's what Klopp wanted..