5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

I have zero worries. We were completely outplayed in midfield. Yeah he wasn't great even considering that.

But it will take him time to gel with the others. And he will show his worth with time, esp against packed defenses.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Also, I think with Ronaldo joining us, its better to have Pogba as our creative outlet, rather than having Sancho or Rashford on the left.

Greenwood must start on the right by the way. And we must play with solid double pivot DM. No more Pogba in DM please.
Absolutely must play Pogba on the left and today clearly shows that we suffered massively and struggled to get anybody into the game with him sitting so deep. He also links up well with Shaw and there was none of that today.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He was truly great for Borussia Dortmund.
I always think I will never take BL seriously, and even less so after watching Werner, Havertz and Sancho disappointing display in PL (so far). The gap is huge between the 2 leagues.
But still hope Sancho will get better after settling.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Doesn't explain not being able to take on a single player, mis-placing passes and just jogging around. Generational talent you said?
This guy cried in Grealish thread when few posted negative posts on Grealish and he does same thing relentlessly in many threads on Sancho :lol:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He did nothing the whole game and showed no backbone. Got bullied off the ball constantly. The fact that Martial had a better game should be concerning. But it is only his first start so let's hope he does well in later games.

spiriticon

I'm now convinced there's a massive difference in pace and quality of the Premier League. Every Dortmund player we've had just looks a couple of secs off the pace at the start of their career.

Sancho is still young though so I'm confident he can adapt.

KennyBurner

Embarassing how off the pace he is. I think further down his career he might be an attacking midfielder. The main thing we need from him which is taking on his man he refuses to do. He wont make it here ahead of Martial and Rashford if he wont force the issue consistently.

He needs to beat the bumdesliga allegations.

El Zoido

He’s quality, you can see it in his touch on the ball. No problem here, feed Ronaldo all day.

Born2Lose

Can forgive young players playing badly but he looked really lazy and reminded me of Rashford in bad games where he thinks he doesn't have to track back.

Anyone who thought he'd come here and enjoy the acres of space he got in the Bundesliga must be deluded. Watch one of his highlights videos and be amazed at the amount of time he got there over and over again.

Last edited:

Abraxas

I just think it's a completely different situation he's coming into.

Dortmund play front foot football, he's getting the ball moving forwards, facing somebody up, closer to goal, team mates running off him. He's more of a creator isn't he, not an explosive pace merchant.

Compare and contrast to today. He had extremely slow ball, balls that had been passed deliberately across the backline for 30 seconds. He was 40 yards from goal. It was generally played to him as he was moving away from goal due to our slow tempo, allowing Wolves to press.

He'll have better days. He will have to do more himself. We have to get the best from him but he'll probably have to meet us half way. Passivity, safeness etc won't cut it.

Drainy

I'm now convinced there's a massive difference in pace and quality of the Premier League. Every Dortmund player we've had just looks a couple of secs off the pace at the start of their career.

I'm confident he will. The style of football is much more intense so you have to be much more assertive and direct if you aren't a physically dominant player.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button

Not just us, other teams have also brought in players from the bundesliga and the list of flops certainly outweighed the success stories.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think Pogba is far better than Rashford or Sancho in LWF (left side attacking midfield) role.
As a right or left winger, if we play as a team and get some sort of system going, then I'd guess that Sancho will step up and dominate and be a perfect fit. Pogba works there occasionally but he also had a decent chunk of games where he was ineffective there last season too. I just don't think there is any way we can get him and Bruno together properly, because they are best playing in the exact same position.

Woodenlung

Sancho is a wide playmaker who also has an incredible scoring record. That's why he's rated so highly. At Dortmund he would drop deep and progress play into attacking areas through his passing. And he's also score a boatload of goals. It's extremely rare to have both those qualities in a player, especially one so young.

But I think a period of adaptation may have to occur now. Not just for Sancho, but for United as well. To get the best out of him we need to be so much more tactically astute. Currently our plan is to just have a load of really good forwards on the pitch and tell them to pluck something from their arse. A player like Sancho has been drilled for years about where to stand to receive the next and where his teammates will be to pass to when he gets the ball. It's not a rote, robotic sort of thing, but rather a template the players can use to build their attacks from. He going to struggle initially when thrown into a side that has none of that.

Last edited:

marktan

This guy cried in Grealish thread when few posted negative posts on Grealish and he does same thing relentlessly in many threads on Sancho :lol:
Calm down Grealish Watch.
I laid my stall out a long time ago, beyond last summers transfer window. I watched a lot of Dortmund specifically to see Sancho, I like him but I never thought he'd do well here against tight defences. He just doesn't have the pace to drive past players. It is what it is.

the_cliff

Not worried about Sancho just needs to get up to speed, he has way too much technical ability not to come good.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Obviously going to give him time but boy he was bad today. Reminded me of Rashford on one of his bad days. Doesn’t want to take anyone on, no movement and just spent the game passing it backwards. Weird.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Come Christmas his performances will have turned this thread into a bloodbath.

Gandalf

He is a different kind of attacker than we have featured recently and clearly needs time to get on the same wavelength as his team mates. He had an extended break and then was sick for the first couple of weeks he was in training so he is bound to be lacking match fitness. He is one for the next ten years not just the first 3 games of this season and I have no doubt he will get much stronger as the season goes on, even today he still had some very nice touches and showed he has the skill to beat a man in a tight space just lacked the end product.

Scholsey2004

A very slow start. He looks off the pace, he's not anticipating the space he has and when he's being pressed. He's not finding enough space or making incisive runs.

We also aren't getting the ball to him quickly which does not help because he's never facing anybody up in a dangerous position. He usually had the ball back to goal, or 40 yards out with one presser and another on the cover meaning a dribble attempt was secondary to simply finding a team mate.

Some work to be done on his adjustment to the league and cohesion in the side. We need to pass the ball much more quickly.
I think this sums it up. He's a technical player. His game relies on a lot of interplay with others and he wont develop that immediately so he may take a while to start ticking over. There are two obvious hurdles for him though, he wont have the luxury of not doing his share of defensive work at United, his team mates and Ole wont wear that and he's going to have to get used to having a lot less space and time. You could see he was struggling with being pressed so quickly today.

roonster09

Scout
I laid my stall out a long time ago, beyond last summers transfer window. I watched a lot of Dortmund specifically to see Sancho, I like him but I never thought he'd do well here against tight defences. He just doesn't have the pace to drive past players. It is what it is.
So Sancho can't dribble, he also doesn't have pace. Ok.

I will be honest here,, you sound like one of those posters who make a post and just stand by it no matter what, twisting everything to fit the narrative set by the first post. More like a e-ego or whatever that is.

laughtersassassin

Not a good game but in not concerned.

We need to be controlling games better to get the best out of all of our attackers.

Should be started again next game no questions.

Sancho Ronaldo Greenwood versus Newacastle.

laughtersassassin

I always think I will never take BL seriously, and even less so after watching Werner, Havertz and Sancho disappointing display in PL (so far). The gap is huge between the 2 leagues.
But still hope Sancho will get better after settling.
Havertz is a very good player and Sancho was miles better in the Bundesliga than him

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Not concerned at all we saw how long it took for Havertz to get up to speed. The transition from Bundesliga to premier league is huge

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Obviously going to give him time but boy he was bad today. Reminded me of Rashford on one of his bad days. Doesn’t want to take anyone on, no movement and just spent the game passing it backwards. Weird.
The worst bit was near the end where he lost the ball carelessly and made no effort to win it back. That really boiled my piss. Fine to have one of those days where nothing comes off but at least work hard ffs.

marktan

So Sancho can't dribble, he also doesn't have pace. Ok.

I will be honest here, I really couldn't care less on how you rate Sancho btw, you sound like one of those posters who make a post and just stand by it no matter what, twisting everything to fit the narrative set by the first post. More like a e-ego or whatever that is.
Did he not play poor? I'd love to be proven wrong because I hate watching us struggle and wasting money. But until he does that well yeah, he'll be called out when he is poor. I don't know why you're taking it so personally, it's a football forum.

roonster09

Scout
Did he not play poor? I'd love to be proven wrong because I hate watching us struggle and wasting money. But until he does that well yeah, he'll be called out when he is poor. I don't know why you're taking it so personally, it's a football forum.
Personally? I don't know about that, I thought ManUtd fan crying about negative posts on ManCity player, that was taking it personally. Wish you knew it was football forum back then.

Real Name

How has Grealish been thus far?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Early concerns, something I was a bit worried before he came here. This is EPL, the intensity is way higher, some gamse are not as stretched and you might not get that many balls to shine in our (non) system. He looked like a youngster from our u23 trying not to make mistake than a player who cost us 72 mil. But hopefully he will come good, it's just I have a bad feeling he might not be the best fit for us. He needs to press much better and never make runs in behind and when you play the ball to his feet, he's like Martial without strength but again, hopefully just a shy start and after being sit, he needs to get sharp. Wolves pressed well and our midfield didn't help. It's just that you expect from players who cost so much to make an impact not to be carried by other players..

Status
Not open for further replies.