Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Gutted we haven't got to see :

Rashford- Greenwood- Sancho
Shame, not all transfers work out for the best of the club ;)

united for life

He should start against watford on the right today. This guy is low on confidence. He came into a team for a big sum of money expecting to be a starter. He unfortunately hasnt been given a good run of games and has found himself having to adapt to a struggling team. I hope he gets some chance for a decent run of games to get to his level.

dablem_10

lets not forget he was 7 years in watford academy. i want him start and do well so much. I dont know why but i think he would complement ronaldo rashford/greenwood much better as he is more of creator than finisher, but this was mentioned multiple times

Watford 4:1 Man Utd

Woodenlung

Sancho struggled a lot in the first half. Made some good runs early on, but when the midfield started to struggle he got none of the ball and became very isolated. McTominay was genuinely awful and doesn't have the abilities to be even a midtable Premier League player.

Van de Beek being subbed on changed the game for Sancho. We had a player who had the technical ability on the ball to play progressive passes into the area Sancho thrives in. And because of that we saw Sancho put in two excellent crosses. We also saw the two players make off the ball runs when the other was in possession and actually play passes behind Watfords midfield.

Overall this was easily Sanchos best oerformance for us, albeit against pretty poor opposition. Yeah, they beat us, but they really arent that good. I'd like to see him play more and with VDB who can actually find his runs. They're both extremely intelligent players who know when to run and when to give it. It's very telling that both obviously learned who to do that at different clubs.

Idxomer

He's a great player.

Did he even lose the ball once in the 2nd half?

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Of course it's not very important, but I think it's a nice detail, that United won that phase of the game 1-0 while Sancho and Donny played together. Just underlines the point, that those two get each other and know how to pass and move.

Firstouch20

Poor man's Depay. Does he really offer more than Lingard? I'd rather give Lingard minutes at this present moment.

kps88

Came to life when DVB came on and we had someone who could actually make forward passes.

Needs to massively up his defensive game though.

Bobski

Good second half, but I hope he got a rocket from someone for his work on that second Watford goal, showed little interest in following the RB.

Donny and he worked well together, showed some clever movement into space which is where his strength lies.

AndySmith1990

Judging any player under an incompetent management team is a wasted exercise. I have no doubt Sancho would look incredible with Klopp or Pep coaching him.

Really poor first half, really good second half.

Still has an annoying tendency to pull out of 50/50s, which even the commentators mentioned.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Absolutely embarrassing in the first half, lightweight and no desire at all. Awful performance.

Was unplayable however at times in the second half, looked dangerous and looked to drive forward and get dangerous balls in the box at every opportunity.

Andersonson

He was a big part of us losing the game. Both he and Rashford were diabolical the first half.

Was alot better the second half, but it was too late.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm sure he will be better under a different manager

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Somehow came into his own second half. Sad it didn't seem start like that though. Deserves a run at wide right.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
The first half Sancho is the player he will ultimately be for us in the long term with mere occasion glimpses of the first half version.

It's just a question of how long it will be until we finally face up to this sad truth before we flog up to Everton for £50 million loss.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Still a lot to work on but consistent game time can only make him get used to the tempo & the urgency of the league, the quality on the ball is real, seems the best player in tight spaces to operate with the ball and good passer to create chances, however it's really hard to judge him cuz this team is just horrible with no structure under incompetent manager, so I have no doubts Sancho like many other players will go a gear or two up when that happens.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Sancho and Beek seems like a obvious partnership in the side when you consider both players attributes.
The only redeeming feature today from a absolute shambles of a performance.

lost7

That second half was fabulous, let's hope he can build on that

Bobski

Sancho and Beek seems like a obvious partnership in the side when you consider both players attributes.
The only redeeming feature today from a absolute shambles of a performance.
Does that mean transitioning to a flat 4-3-3? Because Donny played quite wide to link up with Sancho, now when chasing a game that is an easy choice but against Chelsea he might have to drop Bruno if we want that shape, Matic deep with Fred and Donny given more responsibility to link play higher.

Sancho made quite a few good runs into space today, in the first half they weren't being found but Donny(and maybe Ole) targeted that side in the second and got some joy. Any type of potential workable partnerships need to be embraced, we have so little to build on otherwise.

Ludens the Red

And that second half down the right is exactly what he can bring to the table. 3 near perfect effortless crosses.
Linked up well with Donny too. Just give him a run in the team, let him develop, let him build from that right hand side.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His link up with VDB was excellent. Those little feints and runs were being picked up by him. That's more like it.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
By far and away his best so far. Second half was what I expected when we'd signed him.

Siezard

Incredible. He assists the assister. Is that called a second assist?

He's great at dribbling. Wonder if there's anyone better at dribbling in the premier league (other than Sterling).

Last edited:

sammyhol

We signed Depay at a similar age and can you honestly say Sancho is more talented and brings more to the table than Depay did? I dont think there's much that separates both of them, the only difference is that one of them cost 80m. Watching him play for Dortmund he was never a player that gave me that WOW factor. He was efficient in his output but he never really blew me away with his raw ability and talent. Certainly didn't warrant such a high price tag especially when we are pretty well stocked in his position and there were more pressing area's on the pitch where that money would have went to good use.
this… this… a thousand times this…

another player who got an easy ride in the German league. Just like the other 2 attackers we have bought from Dortmund in the last 10 years.

there is a reason that he wasn’t getting a kick over Saka in the Euros.

it’s because he isn’t as good.

Frank White

Didn't see the incredible performances people are talking about. He did get better in the 2nd half but his contribution for their 2nd was disgusting.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Sancho needs clever players around, in fact Ronaldo as well. VDB provided that, Ole single handedly made Utd this bad which is criminal.

OneUnited24

Sancho needs clever players around, in fact Ronaldo as well. VDB provided that, Ole single handedly made Utd this bad which is criminal.
It was great watching that link play between him and VDB. Actually looked like a functioning righthand attack

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Quality 2nd half performance, that's the Sancho we signed and will see more of in the future. Him and Ronaldo are starting to develop a good understanding too. He needed a player like Donny to spot and be able to pass it into him as AWB/McTominay don't have that quality. He's basically feeding off scraps.

I still think long term he'd do better with Laird who is a player I think will surprise a lot of caftards, he's far more technically gifted than AWB who will be a useful option for a tactically astute Manager but I feel Laird like Donny will help Sanchos game no end. Either way, much better 2nd half. Let's not discuss the 1st half.

In Rainbows

this… this… a thousand times this…

another player who got an easy ride in the German league. Just like the other 2 attackers we have bought from Dortmund in the last 10 years.

there is a reason that he wasn’t getting a kick over Saka in the Euros.

it’s because he isn’t as good.
Oh lord. You will be eating crow.

And it's not a good point either. Greenwood doesn't even get a look in over Saka.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a little bit fair weather, doesn't enjoy doing the dirty work and considering he's come from a league that's quite friendly and not physical it's not surprising.

He will adjust to that though. The positives are though that we finally got to see more of why we signed him. The crosses for DVB's goal, and the one for the Fernandes shot that went just wide were absolutely class.

He showed great pace today at times, and a lovely link up with DVB. We need to see them as part of the right axis a lot more often.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Second half was very positive, best he’s shown so far. Still more to come, and hopefully as we start to shape a team that makes sense, he will improve further.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This was the first thread I was headed for even before the goal. It’s been his best night for us and that was a nice way to seal it. Ready, willing and able.

Status
Not open for further replies.