5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon S

I will really like to understand what you meant in you reply.
Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions, if you prefer a different type of player, that is fine. But Jadon Sancho is just not a bad footballer by any metric.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I didn’t see a huge difference with his usual performance, not that he was bad but he is a pass and move type of player and not exactly the dribbler we really need. Glad he is back though. I think we should play with Rashford up top for the remainder of the season so Sancho can take the left.
It was a decent cameo, we need him hard
That's a good option. Rashford showed he can play well ST and we have to avoid using Weghorst at all costs from now on.

Bondi77

Nice cameo from him today and his link up play was tidy.
I said before his break that I thought he would be better used in the last part of a game when the game is stretched and defenders are no longer fresh as he has great technique and would have more impact.
The test will be when he starts a game and we see him over 90mins and see if he can be a genuine threat then.

Bondi77

You can still see he's lacking some sharpness but he honestly blows Antony out of the water in creativity.

The things Antony is supposedly good at on the ball, Sancho is at least a level above. His passes are actually threatening and progressive and most importantly get us in to the opponents box.

He linked with the striker and fullback in a way none of our wide players have this season.

His talent has always been outstanding to me its just his physical limitations and inner fight that have been the question marks. I really hope EtH can unlock him fully as he really is a gem.
I find it hard to disagree.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
And the strange thing is sancho came on on the second half, so it’s not like he had much time against Ayling in the first half, since, you know, sancho wasn’t on the pitch

Sancho came on towards the end of the game. Are you trying to judge sancho on his first half performance?
You're insane.

I still have reservations about him. That's it

TsuWave

I think a substantial amount of United fans like dogs and sprinters, and Sancho doesn’t really play like that. He’s closer to say a Mata. 1-2’s and you touch-I-touch football. I think he was great, and with better finishing from his team-mates he would have had a couple assists to go with the goal

Red_Heisenberg

Your post about him not beating men was pretty strange tbh.
Especially after he dusted his man yesterday and went round the outside. He definitely has the ability to beat people, he just seemed to have lost his confidence to try it.

The signs were good yesterday, let's hope he can kick on. His link up with rashford and Shaw was superb yesterday.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions, if you prefer a different type of player, that is fine. But Jadon Sancho is just not a bad footballer by any metric.
Understandable

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I particularly love his strafe dribbling. He keeps his body wide open while moving at a good pace. It’s a nightmare for defenders because they just can’t commit to a challenge because he’s poised to either cut inside or accelerate down the line.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think a substantial amount of United fans like dogs and sprinters, and Sancho doesn’t really play like that. He’s closer to say a Mata. 1-2’s and you touch-I-touch football. I think he was great, and with better finishing from his team-mates he would have had a couple assists to go with the goal
Weird how people don’t see this with Antony.

Great to see him back on the pitch and performing, undoubtedly the highlight of last night. Keep up the hard work Jadon and don't rest on your laurels. Hopefully he starts on Sunday.

Real Name

He still looks slow and he he still isn't driving at defenders. I still have reservations about him on the wing.
He was out for 2.5 months. He isnt a typical running down the wing taking on defenders type of winger anyway. His game is more about quick smart passing and playing across the forward line.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He was out for 2.5 months. He isnt a typical running down the wing taking on defenders type of winger anyway. His game is more about quick smart passing and playing across the forward line.
I get this yet we play him wide left. It's great to have him back and for him to score but I'm still a little concerned that the league might be too fast/quick for him out wide. Perhaps the second striker thing could work, keep him close to Rashford but yeah, anyone would think I hate him given the reaction.

SuperiorXI

I was at the match yesterday and again he stayed right until the end clapping every part of the stadium. He really appreciates the fans.

On top of that, he was great when he came on.

Mike Smalling

If Fred could kick a ball, Sancho might well have scored the equalizer and set up the winner. Oh well.

Really good to have him back. It's a shame that we have three really good players that are best in the same position, with all of them being significantly less effective on the right where Antony could do with some rotation and a bit of push.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
A fit, firing and happy Sancho is just the lift the team needs for the second half of the season. So excited to see him kill it.

My only concern is that he tends to ball watch when we're defending on the left. I think we need Shaw to start shouting at him more as he always switches off.

Grande

I get this yet we play him wide left. It's great to have him back and for him to score but I'm still a little concerned that the league might be too fast/quick for him out wide. Perhaps the second striker thing could work, keep him close to Rashford but yeah, anyone would think I hate him given the reaction.
I don’t think you hate him. :) What I’ll say, is that even though Samcho showed he can pass someone 1-on-1 yesterday, and that still isn’t his strong suite, I think he did ahow how he can be really dangerous yesterday. The goal showcased it, where Shaw and him is enough to put him close to goal with a good opportunity even when the area is quite crowded. Another, even more charcteristic moment for me was when he had five Leeds players in front of him and looks completely shut off, then at the perfect moment dinks a pass to Rashfords that looks like the easiest pass in the world, and suddenly there is a big chance created. Those passes are incredibly hard to do, and there is just a few players in the world that can make them look that easy. If he can beat five men with a pass, I don’t worry so much how many he can beat with dribbles.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah, he linked up nicely with Rashford and Shaw on his side and damn near won the game with a clever horizontal pass on the ground when most players just take a low percentage shot, but Bruno's shot was blocked.

He still didn't look like beating anyone on the dribble, but when he had the ball out left, he was finding anyone near him who actually moved. And he showed some tenacity to bundle in the goal. He might benefit from us looking a bit more 4-3-3 in attack with the LCM on his side (Sabitzer or Eriksen) free to make runs past him and Bruno playing a tad deeper than he normally does on the opposite wing.
Nice one, that's exciting.

Borussia Teeth

Weird how people don’t see this with Antony.
I see it. I think the two have very a similar play style. Neither are rapid dribblers but they're not slow and are both very skillful. I'm happy with both of them but if they're to both start then we need Rashford's pace down the middle.

Skills

Snitch
Him and Shaw are the smartest footballers at the club. Potentially scary combo on the left

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You know, driving at defenders isn't always the right choice. Messi for instance never does it. Sancho's brillant between the lines and there are very few players who can take multiple players out of the game through close control, body feints and intricate passing so effortlessly and consistently like Sancho. IMO that's worth much more than having a winger who can skin his full back through acceleration all the time. Sancho creates so much chaos in the opposition defense and thus space for his team mates. Compare that to someone like Coman who's among the best in the world in terms of one on ones and brillant in his own right but not close to being as impactful as Sancho is/can be when in form.

Plus he can definitely win one on ones as well. It's simply not such a frequent element of his game. I think he'll be incredible to dislike once he really found his spot in ETH'S tactical set up :)

Marwood

Whatever his style the fundamentals have to be there. Which they haven't been. Hence him being dropped for 2 months.

I think that's what most fans want to see rather than him suddenly becoming Kanchelskis.

Davie Moyes

You know, driving at defenders isn't always the right choice. Messi for instance never does it. Sancho's brillant between the lines and there are very few players who can take multiple players out of the game through close control, body feints and intricate passing so effortlessly and consistently like Sancho. IMO that's worth much more than having a winger who can skin his full back through acceleration all the time. Sancho creates so much chaos in the opposition defense and thus space for his team mates. Compare that to someone like Coman who's among the best in the world in terms of one on ones and brillant in his own right but not close to being as impactful as Sancho is/can be when in form.

Plus he can definitely win one on ones as well. It's simply not such a frequent element of his game. I think he'll be incredible to dislike once he really found his spot in ETH'S tactical set up :)
Spot on. There are a lot of Utd fans who have a fixated view of what a typical Utd winger should play like and can't seem to move away from that. This explains all the criticism of Sancho and Antony on this forum.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Spot on. There are a lot of Utd fans who have a fixated view of what a typical Utd winger should play like and can't seem to move away from that. This explains all the criticism of Sancho and Antony on this forum.
I think this will change once the system has really starts to come into its own. Sancho's time in Manchester so far has been characterised a pretty chaotic one for United and in times of crises, people tend to trust stuff they know. Antony as well, I'm sure he'll come good eventually. New systems take a little while to be fully integrated and when the team starts to click players such as Sancho and Antony will find themselves in situations in whicch they excel much more frequently. Will be hard to ignore even for the most nostalgic fans :)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm excited for him now. Very encouraging cameo, Martial is always injured so it's a chance for Rashford to play centrally consistently and a chance for Sancho to form a partnership with Shaw. Our decision making in the final third is still such a huge weakness that having someone who can lift his head up and pick someone out like Sancho (previously only Eriksen really) is a huge plus.

OverratedOpinion

He was fantastic I thought.

He is never going to be the type of player who can dribble past an entire defence regularly but he showed what he can be which is Juan Mata at his best with a turn of pace that Juan never had. That is the makings of a pretty special player.

adedawson

I really want to see this guy succeed. Hopefully, he behaves like a new signing and injects something special into the team.

TsuWave

Whatever his style the fundamentals have to be there. Which they haven't been. Hence him being dropped for 2 months.

I think that's what most fans want to see rather than him suddenly becoming Kanchelskis.
I don’t think that’s true. I think he’s contributed more than Antony. Even early in the season.

The details about him not being included in match day squads, as far as I know, aren’t readily available so saying he was simply dropped for two months is also not reflective of what has happened seeing as when the manager spoke on it I believe remarks were made in regards to being ready physically and mentally.

A substantial amount of fans do like their dogs and sprinters. I don’t think I’m off the mark there. I’ve seen people lamenting us selling Dan James - and he’s in a personal battle against “fundamentals”. When I hear the average United fan talk I often hear words like “passion”, “running”, “knowing what the club is all about” - this is obviously anecdotal, but it’s my experience. It is what it is.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah it's quite clear United fans value a player that will just relentlessly run at defenders even if he's doing more harm than good (Garnacho last night) than a player like Sancho who will basically never be dispossessed but isn't going to attempt 5+ takeons a game and will instead create via his vision/passing.

I just think people underestimate how good Sancho can be in a good side. People should go back and look at his numbers from just 35 minutes last night. Had 6 shot creations and 8 progressive passes (2nd to Bruno and Varane who had 11 a piece playing every minute) while scoring a goal and never losing the ball. That's elite productivity

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hard to feel any confidence after tonight
We played well at home vs Leeds. We made some brian farts off the ball but our general play was high quality. We are in a proper top 4 battle though. Hopefully Spurs implode and make it easier

croadyman

We played well at home vs Leeds. We made some brian farts off the ball but our general play was high quality. We are in a proper top 4 battle though. Hopefully Spurs implode and make it easier
Depends if Lloris injury has any effect

Status
Not open for further replies.