Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Agree but my point was that his passing in general is bad (away from the box). It was like that before the break and it still does not improve after. I doubt you can improve those things much after certain age. So it might stay with him which would be annoying.

Naturally, our forwards will get tighter spaces when we start dominate more. He either gets used to it or he will just get sold.
He has a bit sloppy passing sometimes but I see that as lack of rhythm problem. Also within our team. He is capable of not being sloppy due to his technique so it's just a rhythm thing, imo. I haven't seen those issues when passes generally is done a lot quicker. If it happens that he brings our attacking flow down because of passing then yeah, but I don't see it that way. I haven't seen him in a functional set up at United yet.

zaafi

That was always the case, even at Dortmund. He has never been explosive. He has good close control and can run fast at top speed, but he's like Anthony in that they're not traditional wide players that can regularly beat a man from a standing start.
His dribbling at Dortmund was superb and at times also here, but now it looked really, really slow but I think it comes down to lack of match sharpness as @Walters_19_MuFc pointed out.

saivet

Thought he was okay and some nice moments today but didn't get into the game and a bit sloppy at times. Generally thought he was more involved than the rest of our attack prior to him getting subbed off.

First start back and against a team who have super high intensity and we better than us.

Hope to see improvements on his next performance.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He was poor again, seems both him and Garnacho are really more capable of impacting games off the bench as his previous outing against Leeds was miles better.

footballbite

He's better on the left than on the right, but I think Garnacho is a better prospect than him on the left in future. That's before you even consider playing Rashford there.

On the right he's probably not going to be as good as Antony, who isn't even top-tier himself.

Don't see how he ever really becomes a first choice at Utd, he'll have to make do as a rotation/bench option.

Red Rash

Sancho wasn't great but I'd like to see how he fares in the number 10 role since Bruno looks like he needs a rest

Red Royal

He's better on the left than on the right, but I think Garnacho is a better prospect than him on the left in future. That's before you even consider playing Rashford there.

On the right he's probably not going to be as good as Antony, who isn't even top-tier himself.

Don't see how he ever really becomes a first choice at Utd, he'll have to make do as a rotation/bench option.
Try him at 10.. Weghorst showed a different type of CAM to Bruno at the end vs Leeds and I think Sancho cam do even better

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The whole team looked very poor him included but I did think that he started to play more aggressively and tried to beat his fullback more often than usual, which is a good sign.

gza the genius

He was alright. Our best attacker the first half. The problem was mostly with advancing the ball forward from the back, none of our attackers stood much of a chance.

MadMike

The whole team was very sloppy until the subs. Rashford, Fernandes, Weghorst and Sancho included.

He tried to connect with his teammates more than most. He could have had an assist with that nice pass to Bruno. But not much was coming off today.

I’d give him a pass because we had like 7 changes from our usual starting XI and the whole team looked disjointed and struggled to get any rhythm.

CM

I thought Sancho did okay actually. We weren't getting any of the forwards into the game enough but Sancho did create a chance or two when the ball did fall to him. I think he'll look much better once Casemiro is back in the team and we have a bit more control in midfield.

Pickle85

Pretty average. You want someone playing where he is to make more things happen but he just seemed a bit peripheral for most of the time. Could have had an assist had Bruno been more clinical but doesn't really mask an average run out.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Think he was the most involved player of the front three up until his substitution. It didn't click going forward for United until the final ten minutes.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think it's a very good sign that he creates a chance even in that kind of game where it doesn't really come off for him. He also looked pretty quick, I don't remember him being so comforteable going for a sprint.
I am glad he's back, will be quite a contest between him and Antony, who is still better at keeping the ball, helping us progress with the ball, and obviously defensive work. But Sancho entered the team in a bad moment, and has still been producing more than Antony recently. Different players, different strengths.

Bondi77

Nice on the ball when he is given space but he was like that before the break and I still see no intensity but he has another hour of tough football under his belt so we will see how he progresses from here.
It was good that he allowed Garnacho to get the chance to go at the tired defence late in the game in the same way Sancho did in the home game and both outcomes were positive.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Yeah this is where I'm at with him. I think he has huge potential and I've always backed him, but Rashfords pace and directness is invaluable, and I don't see him being a striker long term (but should probably stay there this season). When we sign a striker this summer, Rashford will be set at LW. Garnacho as you say is the depth there. Then go to RW, and Antony provides great balance there, is Ten Hags guy, and we have Amad coming through as well as Pellistri. Obviously one of both might not make it, but that's just depth levels, all of them are young. Combine that with what he's earning... You just can't have a 350k player who doesn't have a long term starting spot nor current starting spot.

His best chance is as a 10, and basically filling in on either flank which is fine, not ideal at his wage but would give him plenty of game time. Bruno is 28, so if Sancho develops as a 10 he could eye that as a future starting spot. Have Rashford, Sancho, Antony as the 3 behind the striker, with Garnacho, Amad and Pellistri as the 3 youth guys with big futures. Bruno obviously starter for now as a 10, but if Sancho is 1st choice depth/competition for any of LW/#10/RW, then I think that's alright. That's kind of best case scenario for him. When we sign a striker (sell Martial), Rashford could be 2nd choice ST, so also have that scenario always where Sancho comes to the left and Rashford goes top. It's good that he is versatile, but yeah I think his path to being a starter is extremely limited.

footballbite

Yeah this is where I'm at with him. I think he has huge potential and I've always backed him, but Rashfords pace and directness is invaluable, and I don't see him being a striker long term (but should probably stay there this season). When we sign a striker this summer, Rashford will be set at LW. Garnacho as you say is the depth there. Then go to RW, and Antony provides great balance there, is Ten Hags guy, and we have Amad coming through as well as Pellistri. Obviously one of both might not make it, but that's just depth levels, all of them are young. Combine that with what he's earning... You just can't have a 350k player who doesn't have a long term starting spot nor current starting spot.

His best chance is as a 10, and basically filling in on either flank which is fine, not ideal at his wage but would give him plenty of game time. Bruno is 28, so if Sancho develops as a 10 he could eye that as a future starting spot. Have Rashford, Sancho, Antony as the 3 behind the striker, with Garnacho, Amad and Pellistri as the 3 youth guys with big futures. Bruno obviously starter for now as a 10, but if Sancho is 1st choice depth/competition for any of LW/#10/RW, then I think that's alright. That's kind of best case scenario for him. When we sign a striker (sell Martial), Rashford could be 2nd choice ST, so also have that scenario always where Sancho comes to the left and Rashford goes top. It's good that he is versatile, but yeah I think his path to being a starter is extremely limited.
Sancho could be alright as a 10, but all the best 10s in the world like KDB, Fernandes and Odegaard tend to have both a passing and a shooting range which Sancho doesn't have so much of.

I'd like to think that Utd would be in a position over the next couple of seasons to sign whoever the actual next KDB/Fernandes appears to be, as Fernandes' understudy.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The reason I never saw the hype in him is because in the Bundesliga he seemed to beat the offside trap of a high line rather than actually take on his defender.

It was one of the main aspects of his game - literally beat the high line with a run and make a pass back for the striker to tap in.

Seemed too simple that he was doing it again and again.

Anyway, he is ours now and hope he comes good.

Even in the last game I believe his best 2 mins of performance came when he momentarily played centrally almost as a False 9/CAM. He looks much harder to read when he plays centrally because he can pass, dribble and shoot from so many different angles.

Hope he gets that position and becomes worth his price tag.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Should try sancho as a number 10 with garnacho and Antony out wide and rashford up top. Plenty of creativity, pace and movement.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The reason I never saw the hype in him is because in the Bundesliga he seemed to beat the offside trap of a high line rather than actually take on his defender.

It was one of the main aspects of his game - literally beat the high line with a run and make a pass back for the striker to tap in.

Seemed too simple that he was doing it again and again.

Anyway, he is ours now and hope he comes good.

Even in the last game I believe his best 2 mins of performance came when he momentarily played centrally almost as a False 9/CAM. He looks much harder to read when he plays centrally because he can pass, dribble and shoot from so many different angles.

Hope he gets that position and becomes worth his price tag.
I would be very interested to see him in that role. I actually believe he has all the tools, probably even better suited to that central position "on paper" compared to winger role.
However, the biggest problem with him is his work rate off the ball, arguably the reason Bruno has been so vital for us this season (especially with Eriksen in midfield). But maybe this won't be that much of a problem with Sabitzer/Fred and Casemiro.

kthanksbye

It was a decent performance but was still an upgrade on what he was doing before going for the break. Looks like he's trying to do things quicker, and is more certain about what he wants to do, doesn't break the momentum of the move anymore.
I'm happy with what I'm seeing, there's surely a lot of talent in there, I'm expecting him to get better as he gets more minutes under his belt. Rash needs help, it's not coming from Wout, Bruno is a very patchy player, Martial cannot stay fit, Antony hasn't been giving us any end product, hope Sancho can share a bit of the load.

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
Sancho could be alright as a 10, but all the best 10s in the world like KDB, Fernandes and Odegaard tend to have both a passing and a shooting range which Sancho doesn't have so much of.

I'd like to think that Utd would be in a position over the next couple of seasons to sign whoever the actual next KDB/Fernandes appears to be, as Fernandes' understudy.
Ozil, Laudrup, Bergkamp

The United

I just think he does not have physicality to be a top player at highest level. His second half when playing around the box was decent but it is hard to say what he added to the team in general.

Idxomer

He had a good game overall and worked hard even if his final ball was lacking at points.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Don’t think he was as bad as being made out. Still finding his way back to fitness as well

Telsim

He just isn't it. Not necessarily bad, just a non-factor. Should have been subbed off earlier for Garnacho.

flameinthesun

Had a decent game tactically.As it stands though hr is firmly behind Rashford and Antony on the wings, and as a sub I'd have him behind Garnacho. Really not sure what to do with him, he just has 0 energy to his play.

footballbite

He completely fluffed two excellent chances.

The one in the first half from Wan-Bissaka's pull-back, I'm not sure he even managed to kick it all, It basically just deflected off De Jong.

His chance in the second half he seemed a deer in the headlights.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he played really well but absolutely no conviction in his finishing. Glad he's back anyway

saivet

Shocking miss before their goal but thought he did okay. Played in Rashford for two good chances and a half chance Rashford had blocked.

Still needs to improve but considering this was his 2nd start since returning I thought he was still pressing from the front (e.g. where he eventually overhit his cross after winning it back from Kounde). I think it shows his fitness has improved too.

He's definitely not a nailed on starter right now but I think ETH will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.